• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

Ive had problems getting approval to move to the production server from FedEx. They claim the barcode is not within their dimensions. Also, when I use the 'Print Page' feature in fedex_popup.php, my print result is black, like it was inverted...

Anyone else run into problems getting certification with FedEx?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had problems getting approval to move to the production server from FedEx. They claim the barcode is not within their dimensions. Also, when I use the 'Print Page' feature in fedex_popup.php, my print result is black, like it was inverted...

Anyone else run into problems getting certification with FedEx?

You'll need to compare the label you're printing to a standard FedEx label, & make sure it's printing to the right size. This will depend on your printer & monitor... but in any case, you adjust the size of the printed label on line 63 of fedex_popup.php:

var resolution = 96;

Try changing that to 64 or 128, or anything else for that matter. Smaller number prints bigger, bigger number prints smaller (I think).

I'm not sure about the printing black/printing inverted problem. I don't believe a browser can have that kind of impact on a printer; and whether you click the "print" button, Ctrl+p, or File/Print, it's all the same to your system.

Works just fine for a single package, however for multiple I get the following error returned:

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence exceeds package count

Running in debug mode I get this:

Shipment request data, package #1:

Array
(
   [0] => 21
   [16] => PA
   [13] => 114  drive
   [1273] => 01
   [1274] => 05
   [18] => 5555551212
   [15] => atown
   [23] => 01
   [117] => US
   [17] => 18104
   [50] => US
   [11] => 
   [12] => Anthony DeSalvatore
   [1333] => 1
   [1415] => 400.00
   [1368] => 2
   [1369] => 1
   [1370] => 5
   [24] => 20040920
   [25] => 
   [1119] => Y
   [440] => N
   [10] => 237466381
   [498] => 1041931
   [75] => LBS
   [4] => Rfm.com
   [5] => 420  Road
   [6] => NONE
   [7] => Wst Hn
   [8] => CT
   [9] => 00562
   [183] => 5555551212
   [68] => USD
   [116] => 2
   [1117] => 1
   [1400] => 2.0
   [1401] => 1.0
)

Manifest data, package #1:

Array
(
   [delivery_id] => 
   [orders_id] => 282
   [delivery_name] => Anthony DeSalvatore
   [delivery_company] => 
   [delivery_address_1] => 114 drive
   [delivery_address_2] => 
   [delivery_city] => atown
   [delivery_state] => PA
   [delivery_postcode] => 18104
   [delivery_phone] => 5555551212
   [package_value] => 400
   [oversized] => 0
   [pickup_date] => 20040920
   [shipping_type] => 05
   [residential] => N
   [cod] => 
   [multiple] => 1
   [package_weight] => 1.0
   [tracking_num] => master_trackNum
)

Shipment request data, package #2:

Array
(
   [0] => 21
   [16] => PA
   [13] => 114 drive
   [1273] => 01
   [1274] => 05
   [18] => 5555551212
   [15] => atown
   [23] => 01
   [117] => US
   [17] => 18104
   [50] => US
   [11] => 
   [12] => Anthony DeSalvatore
   [1333] => 1
   [1415] => 400.00
   [1368] => 2
   [1369] => 1
   [1370] => 5
   [24] => 20040920
   [25] => 
   [1119] => Y
   [440] => N
   [10] => 237466381
   [498] => 1041931
   [75] => LBS
   [4] => rf.com
   [5] => 420 Road
   [6] => NONE
   [7] => Wen
   [8] => CT
   [9] => 00252
   [183] => 5555551212
   [68] => USD
   [116] => 2
   [1117] => 2
   [1400] => 2.0
   [1401] => 1.0
   [1123] => master_trackNum
)

Manifest data, package #2:

Array
(
   [delivery_id] => 
   [orders_id] => 282
   [delivery_name] => Anthony DeSalvatore
   [delivery_company] => 
   [delivery_address_1] => 114 drive
   [delivery_address_2] => 
   [delivery_city] => atown
   [delivery_state] => PA
   [delivery_postcode] => 18104
   [delivery_phone] => 5555551212
   [package_value] => 400
   [oversized] => 0
   [pickup_date] => 20040920
   [shipping_type] => 05
   [residential] => N
   [cod] => 
   [multiple] => 2
   [package_weight] => 1.0
   [tracking_num] => trackNum
)

running in debug mode, no ship request made

Posted data looks o.k.... anyone else get this error, or have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have added this module and i am getting the following error when i attempt to ship a package:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1F30 : Recipient Phone must be 10 digits

Now, the only phone numbers i have in here are 10 digits. I have Real Time Quotes, it works, I have a meter number... Any idea how i can get past this and ship packages?

Thanks --

Hello,

I have added this module and i am getting the following error when i attempt to ship a package:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1F30 : Recipient Phone must be 10 digits

Now, the only phone numbers i have in here are 10 digits. I have Real Time Quotes, it works, I have a meter number... Any idea how i can get past this and ship packages?

Thanks --

What format are your phone numbers in? Meaning: (123) 456 - 2569 or 123.456.2569 etc.

If you could, switch to debug mode (option is at the top of ship_fedex.php) & post the output here.

Thanks -

Michael

Here's the output, altered for privacy purposes:

Shipment request data, package #1:

Array

(

[0] => 21

[16] => NV

[13] => 1234 Versailles Ct

[1273] => 01

[1274] => 92

[18] => 702 1234567

[15] => City

[23] => 01

[117] => US

[17] => 89999

[50] => US

[11] => Empro

[12] => John Smith

[1333] => 1

[1415] => 5.00

[1368] => 2

[1369] => 1

[1370] => 5

[24] => 20041004

[1119] => Y

[440] => N

[3124] => 2

[10] => 275692547

[498] => 3987654

[75] => LBS

[4] => www.websitename.com

[5] => 11222 NameOf Street

[6] => NONE

[7] => Las Vegas

[8] => NV

[9] => 89135

[183] => 7021234567

[68] => USD

[1401] => 4.0

)

Manifest data, package #1:

Array

(

[delivery_id] =>

[orders_id] => 766

[delivery_name] => John Smith

[delivery_company] =>

[delivery_address_1] => 1234 Versailles Ct

[delivery_address_2] =>

[delivery_city] => City

[delivery_state] => NV

[delivery_postcode] => 89074

[delivery_phone] => 702 123-4567

[package_weight] =>

[package_value] => 5

[oversized] => 2

[pickup_date] => 20041004

[shipping_type] => 92

[residential] => N

[cod] =>

[tracking_num] => master_trackNum

)

running in debug mode, no ship request made

That phone number format is not the same as what i have in the DB... which is interesting...

Yeah - that's where the problem is, the space after the area code. What do you have for the number in the database?

The number in the cutomers table is right, but the orders table has it wrong... will adjust now.

Ok, I adjusted it and now it works. Is it supposed to take me to the admin main login page and force me to login again after i ship an order? That was weird...

Am I supposed to get sent to the admin main login page and forced to login again after i ship an order?

This also happens when I click the "Fedex label" button or the "cancel shipment" button. Any suggestions?

I meant to say in my post above:

--------------------------------------

Am I supposed to get sent to the admin main login page and forced to login again after i ship an order?

This also happens when I click the "Fedex label" button, the "cancel shipment" button, or the "back" button -- the back button that appears on the "track shipment" page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks --

I was added to the test server and I still get this error

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 5012 : Account number not in database

any ideas?? Im sure I just missed a step...but where?

I was added to the test server and I still get this error

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 5012 : Account number not in database

any ideas?? Im sure I just missed a step...but where?

Which server to use is defined on line 3 of admin/includes/fedexdc.php; this needs to be set to "test."

Erm... otherwise, I'm not sure where to look. Check that and see what happens. You might also just have to wait a bit, or hassle fedex & make sure they're not pulling your chain...

Which server to use is defined on line 3 of admin/includes/fedexdc.php; this needs to be set to "test."

Erm... otherwise, I'm not sure where to look. Check that and see what happens. You might also just have to wait a bit, or hassle fedex & make sure they're not pulling your chain...

Its defined as test, I read somthing about a subscription request...might that be it?

I meant to say in my post above:

--------------------------------------

This also happens when I click the "Fedex label" button, the "cancel shipment" button, or the "back" button -- the back button that appears on the "track shipment" page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks --

Bob -

Could you right-click on each of these buttons, "copy shortcut" or "copy link address", and paste the URL you get?

Thanks -

Michael

Bob -

Could you right-click on each of these buttons, "copy shortcut" or "copy link address", and paste the URL you get?

Thanks -

Michael

Here you go:

fedex label button: https://sitename.server.com/~newcalsupplies...0004308&oID=766

cancel shipment button:

https://sitename.server.com/~newcalsupplies...40a1166dfc3f01d

back button on "track shipment" page:

https://sitename.server.com/~newcalsupplies...dfc3f01doID=766

Bob -

In the first case, the fedex label, you're being sent back to the login page because the osCAdminID isn't being passed in the URL. This means that I've hard coded a URL somewhere, which I'll try to track down now...

Alright - replace line 434 (approximately - check for the // display the label comment) in order.php with:

// display the label
  	 $contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('fedex_popup.php', 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&num=' . $fedex_tracking) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_fedex_label.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_FEDEX_LABEL) . '</a>');

That should only fix the label displaying page, but who knows? Maybe it'll have an impact elsewhere.

Michael

Bob -

In the first case, the fedex label, you're being sent back to the login page because the osCAdminID isn't being passed in the URL. This means that I've hard coded a URL somewhere, which I'll try to track down now...

Alright - replace line 434 (approximately - check for the // display the label comment) in order.php with:

? ?	// display the label
? ?	$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('fedex_popup.php', 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&num=' . $fedex_tracking) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_fedex_label.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_FEDEX_LABEL) . '</a>');

That should only fix the label displaying page, but who knows? Maybe it'll have an impact elsewhere.

Michael

Cool, we're getting there... the label does indeed work now, and when I clicked "cancel shipment" I got a popup asking if I was sure. I said OK, and was taken to the login page again. When I came back, the shipment had indeed been cancelled. All other instances of being dumped to the login page are still happening, though.

What should I look into next? Thanks --

Cool, we're getting there... the label does indeed work now, and when I clicked "cancel shipment" I got a popup asking if I was sure. I said OK, and was taken to the login page again. When I came back, the shipment had indeed been cancelled. All other instances of being dumped to the login page are still happening, though.

What should I look into next? Thanks --

Bob -

Anytime you're getting dumped to the login page, it's because that osCAdminID isn't being passed in the URL. Usually this is because someone's hard-coded a URL, like I'd done; but for the "cancel" button, I expect there may be an issue where a that Javascript alert is screwing up the passing of the osCAdminID.

You might want to try deleting this portion of orders.php, line 440:

onClick="return(window.confirm(\'Cancel shipment of order number ' . $oInfo->orders_id . '?\'));"

...so that line would be:

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIP_FEDEX, 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&num=' . $fedex_tracking . '&action=cancel&fedex_gateway=' . $fedex_gateway) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel_shipment.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_CANCEL_SHIPMENT) . '</a>');

I haven't tested this, but it should just let you cancel the order w/no warning.

If this works, I may have to redo the contribution w/o javascript warnings.

Michael

Bob -

Anytime you're getting dumped to the login page, it's because that osCAdminID isn't being passed in the URL. Usually this is because someone's hard-coded a URL, like I'd done; but for the "cancel" button, I expect there may be an issue where a that Javascript alert is screwing up the passing of the osCAdminID.

You might want to try deleting this portion of orders.php, line 440:

onClick="return(window.confirm(\'Cancel shipment of order number ' . $oInfo->orders_id . '?\'));"

...so that line would be:

? ?	$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIP_FEDEX, 'oID=' .$oInfo->orders_id . '&num=' . $fedex_tracking . '&action=cancel&fedex_gateway=' . $fedex_gateway) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel_shipment.gif', IMAGE_ORDERS_CANCEL_SHIPMENT) . '</a>');

I haven't tested this, but it should just let you cancel the order w/no warning.

If this works, I may have to redo the contribution w/o javascript warnings.

Michael

Yes, it does cancel the order with no warning... but it still spits me out at the login page. If I login, or back up with my browser's back button, I find that the ship request is cancelled.

You're right that the osCAdminID is not consistently being passed correctly. Would it help to add a hidden field in orders.php that contains that value as passed in from the URL? Something like:

<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"osCAdminID\" value=\"$_REQUEST['osCAdminID']\">

What about that?

Yes, it does cancel the order with no warning... but it still spits me out at the login page. If I login, or back up with my browser's back button, I find that the ship request is cancelled.

You're right that the osCAdminID is not consistently being passed correctly. Would it help to add a hidden field in orders.php that contains that value as passed in from the URL? Something like:

<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"osCAdminID\" value=\"$_REQUEST['osCAdminID']\">

What about that?

Nope - that's what the tep_href_link() function does: it adds all the session-tracking values to the URL.

What I find strange about this business is that in the URLs you posted, only one - the "Fedex Label" one - was missing the osCAdminID, and that one's now fixed. Both the "cancel shipment" and the "track shipment" links include all the necessary information, & shouldn't be giving you any grief. At this point, all your urls should be correct, which should be enough to keep your session alive.

Though you say "You're right that the osCAdminID is not consistently being passed correctly." Is this still occurring? If so, on what links?

Nope - that's what the tep_href_link() function does: it adds all the session-tracking values to the URL.

What I find strange about this business is that in the URLs you posted, only one - the "Fedex Label" one - was missing the osCAdminID, and that one's now fixed. Both the "cancel shipment" and the "track shipment" links include all the necessary information, & shouldn't be giving you any grief. At this point, all your urls should be correct, which should be enough to keep your session alive.

Though you say "You're right that the osCAdminID is not consistently being passed correctly." Is this still occurring? If so, on what links?

The "submit" button for shipping, when it passes me to the login page, the osCAdminID is a new one that is no longer correct. Same with "cancel shipment." The "back" button under "track shipment" actually does pass the right ID, but still coughs me out to the admin login page.

That's what I meant about it not being consistent. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Would it help if I paste in the code for the whole orders.php page?

No, probably not... not yet anyway. Have you done any other modifications to any administrative stuff? I'm trying to figure out why the oscadminid would change mid-session (I've posted to the general help forum to see if anyone else knows).

I don't know much about session management, but in my experience that oscadminid shows up on the index page, but doesn't show up in subsequent URLs - I think PHP just deals with the session, or something. I'm hoping to find some outside assistance to figure this one out.

Michael