• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal payment module not including shipping

I'm about ready to take my store live, and doing some more testing on transactions. It seems that when I checkout via the paypal module, it only sends the payment amount for the subtotal and not the total with shipping.

Should i use a contributed paypal module instead of the standard?

Looks like all i had to do was change my shipping prefernces in my paypal profile. Checked a box at the bottom to allow transaction-based shipping override the paypal preferences.

could be useful for others to know

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FINALLY!! I found something pertinent to this issue. But my issue is slightly different: I have the contributed IPN installed (developed by devosc), as well as CCGV. In a nutshell, PayPal is not recognizing any coupons/vouchers that are applied to the total cost. Eg. I have a coupon that allows for free shipping. It totals out fine on the osC side, but when I submit the order via PayPal, they show the price w/ the shipping charge included. Would it be safe to say that if I switched over to the osC-contributed PayPal IPN, I would be able to correct this problem using the methods described in this thread? Any help is greatly appreciated.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

• 2 months later...

Same problem!!! Have you resolved it?

FINALLY!!  I found something pertinent to this issue. But my issue is slightly different: I have the contributed IPN installed (developed by devosc), as well as CCGV. In a nutshell, PayPal is not recognizing any coupons/vouchers that are applied to the total cost. Eg. I have a coupon that allows for free shipping. It totals out fine on the osC side, but when I submit the order via PayPal, they show the price w/ the shipping charge included. Would it be safe to say that if I switched over to the osC-contributed PayPal IPN, I would be able to correct this problem using the methods described in this thread?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks like all i had to do was change my shipping prefernces in my paypal profile.  Checked a box at the bottom to allow transaction-based shipping override the paypal preferences.

I have the same problem but I have always had the over-ride box checked in PayPal. About 1 in 20 purchases get the shipping charge right. Usually, it ignores the IPN charge and uses the PayPal amount. I know when the IPN successfully passes the charge when it double-bills the shipping. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Are there some updates or fixes to the IPN? I just installed it about 2 weeks ago.

• 2 years later...

You know I have been pulling my hair out at the fact my shipping would not add to Paypal, I have read source code after source code and looked through every comment on here until I came acrross yours about changing the actual profile in Paypal itself. YOUR A GENIOUS!! a simple action was all that was required.

Thanks for your post I can sleep at night now.

I too am having the shipping charges not passed to PayPal but can someone direct me exactly where to go in PayPal to change? Looked in profile and am unsure still. Thanks so much!

- Chuck

External links are not allowed on the osC forum. Thanks

In admin configure there is an option.

Second in Your Paypal profile If You set to override shipping.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 1 month later...
Looks like all i had to do was change my shipping prefernces in my paypal profile. Checked a box at the bottom to allow transaction-based shipping override the paypal preferences.

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much for this little reminder.

I had just started to build up the site, test payment carried out all figures correct,

welcome to paypal and whoa.......where did that extra charge come from................2 days later

I read your post and the world is no longer out to get me.................

.just got to rebuild all the oscommerce settings that i dismantled in troubleshooting this problem

excellent

I too am having the shipping charges not passed to PayPal but can someone direct me exactly where to go in PayPal to change? Looked in profile and am unsure still. Thanks so much!

Login to Paypal

Click Profile

Click on Postage Calculations and down the bottom of the page you'll see

Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

• 2 weeks later...
Login to Paypal

Click Profile

Click on Postage Calculations and down the bottom of the page you'll see

Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

I'm having the same problem and was really happy to find this post, but in the germn paypal profile there certainly is no "posrage calculation" nor anything that even comes close.

Anyone has an idea?

Many thanks

Reiner

• 1 month later...
I'm having the same problem and was really happy to find this post, but in the germn paypal profile there certainly is no "posrage calculation" nor anything that even comes close.

Anyone has an idea?

Many thanks

Reiner

On mine it says "Shipping Calculations"....you have to have add a shipping option or edit one that already exists, make it active, and in the section that says "Currency and Shipping Region:", the last option says "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings"...this is what you want to have selected.

• 1 month later...
FINALLY!! I found something pertinent to this issue. But my issue is slightly different: I have the contributed IPN installed (developed by devosc), as well as CCGV. In a nutshell, PayPal is not recognizing any coupons/vouchers that are applied to the total cost. Eg. I have a coupon that allows for free shipping. It totals out fine on the osC side, but when I submit the order via PayPal, they show the price w/ the shipping charge included. Would it be safe to say that if I switched over to the osC-contributed PayPal IPN, I would be able to correct this problem using the methods described in this thread? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Which version of osC, PayPal IPN, & CCGV are you using?

Remember CCGV does not integrate on osC2.2 RC1 or RC2 with the PayPal IPN because the order totalling methodology is completely different from osC 2.2 MS2 and earlier

Also, there is a limit to which version number of the IPN you can use with CCGV even if you are on osC2.2 MS2 or earlier

- basically, if you are using IPN 2.x.x it will NOT work with CCGV, if you are using IPN up to 1.4.x it will - see the CCGV and IPN (osC) contrib pages for the notes in the uploads - progressively from the first submission of each contrib.

Vger & Terra who have forked CCGV(Trad) refuse to attempt to develop it for an RC version of osC stating the RC versions are beta code and prone to frequent unannounced ammendment between version numbers - the next stable incarnation of CCGV by them will be for the next stable incarnation of osC 3.x which is still a long way off.

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

where in paypal can i find the CHECK BOX for "Allowed Transaction Based Shipping"

- in sandbox, open the seller account

- in live or sandbox seller account, go to "Profile" (top menu bar)

Under Selling Preferences

- go to Postage Calculations (3rd item on the list)

In Postage Calculations

- top item - select flat rate

- middle table - select and delete all costs in the first column - you MUST delete, not enter "0"

- bottom item - tick box to permit transaction based postage to override the table

IF YOU DON'T DO ALL 3 AS ABOVE - THE IPN WILL NOT PASS P&P TO PAYPAL

Gaz

Edited by totalnumpty

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

• 4 weeks later...
In Postage Calculations

- top item - select flat rate

- middle table - select and delete all costs in the first column - you MUST delete, not enter "0"

- bottom item - tick box to permit transaction based postage to override the table

IF YOU DON'T DO ALL 3 AS ABOVE - THE IPN WILL NOT PASS P&P TO PAYPAL

Gaz

Under Shipping Calculations I only show two things I can change: Domestic and International methods. Can you tell me where to select flat rate? I can set up another method, but I don't see how to get flat rate there either.

I even just set this up to calculate $3.50 for postage (which should be showing up) but it won't even put that in there for me.

thanks,

Justin

Under Shipping Calculations I only show two things I can change: Domestic and International methods. Can you tell me where to select flat rate? I can set up another method, but I don't see how to get flat rate there either.

I even just set this up to calculate $3.50 for postage (which should be showing up) but it won't even put that in there for me.

thanks,

Justin

Is that in your live or sandbox account?

What type of PayPal account do you have - personal, premier, or business?

Which country is your PayPal account hosted on? - you used the term "Shipping Calculations" as opposed to "Postage Calculations" - is that an Anglo-US terminology variation, or are you actually on a different page instead of the postage one? (colour / color, centre / center etc. - same language, different spellings)

..... Just checked my US PayPal account, and it does indeed use the phrase Shipping Calculations as opposed to Postage Calculations on my British PayPal account.

It does however, have the same 4 sections on that page as the UK account does -

(section names)

- Currency

- Cost Method

- Cost & Price Ranges

- Miscellaneous

Cost Method must be set to Flat Rate, not to percentage

The Cost & Price ranges section is where you must delete the content - not just input a " 0 " but highlight the content and use the delete key.

Miscellaneous is where you set PayPal to allow "per item" postage costs to over-ride the table rates.

Gaz

Is that in your live or sandbox account?

What type of PayPal account do you have - personal, premier, or business?

Which country is your PayPal account hosted on? - you used the term "Shipping Calculations" as opposed to "Postage Calculations" - is that an Anglo-US terminology variation, or are you actually on a different page instead of the postage one? (colour / color, centre / center etc. - same language, different spellings)

..... Just checked my US PayPal account, and it does indeed use the phrase Shipping Calculations as opposed to Postage Calculations on my British PayPal account.

It does however, have the same 4 sections on that page as the UK account does -

(section names)

- Currency

- Cost Method

- Cost & Price Ranges

- Miscellaneous

Cost Method must be set to Flat Rate, not to percentage

The Cost & Price ranges section is where you must delete the content - not just input a " 0 " but highlight the content and use the delete key.

Miscellaneous is where you set PayPal to allow "per item" postage costs to over-ride the table rates.

Gaz

Thanks for the reply...

Live account

Business

USA

I don't see the same 4 sections that you mention. I can only change Domestic and International rates.

I selected Standard Flat Rate Shipping (no listing for Flat Rate)

I can select the button to use the transaction shipping and not this chart, but it doesn't work. Even when I put an amount in there, it still will not come through.

I have nothing that shows or allows me to change:

- Currency

- Cost Method

- Cost & Price Ranges

- Miscellaneous

I can delete everything in that chart, except for the beginning ($.01). When I do that however, it changes the entire table to 0.00 and I get this error message:

"You have entered one or more ranges incorrectly. Each range's upper limit should be greater than its lower limit."

I do not have a miscellaneous section anywhere on the page.

Thank you for the reply. I'm about ready to give up on this.

Thanks for the reply...

Live account

Business

USA

I don't see the same 4 sections that you mention. I can only change Domestic and International rates.

I selected Standard Flat Rate Shipping (no listing for Flat Rate)

I can select the button to use the transaction shipping and not this chart, but it doesn't work. Even when I put an amount in there, it still will not come through.

I have nothing that shows or allows me to change:

- Currency

- Cost Method

- Cost & Price Ranges

- Miscellaneous

I can delete everything in that chart, except for the beginning ($.01). When I do that however, it changes the entire table to 0.00 and I get this error message:

"You have entered one or more ranges incorrectly. Each range's upper limit should be greater than its lower limit."

I do not have a miscellaneous section anywhere on the page.

Thank you for the reply. I'm about ready to give up on this.

Sounds like you have a restriction on your PayPal account - suggest you take this up with PayPal support because you are not seeing the standard display of that page.

Gaz

Justin, I have the same paypal setup as yours and don't see the shipping option everyone is referring to, if you find why let me know, I send an email to PayPal but haven't received a reply yet.

• 1 month later...

I checked that box for the currency I need but with no success. There is no sipping passed to Paypal, I use flat rate shipping module. When I use the normal Paypal module there is no problem with the shipping costs. What else can I do, I tried everything but the shipping is not passed to Paypal?

I'm using OSC 2.2 RC1, Paypal IPN v 2.3.3

Thanks.

Just collect whats being posted to Paypal.

If its not having any post for shipping then YOu need to look into paypal module.

If post has shipping then YOu need to look into Paypal profile setting.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.