• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Points/Rewards Module

I have follow problem when I edit/reresh in admin Modules>>Order Total> Points redemtion

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /var/www/web1/html/commerce/admin/modules.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web1/html/commerce/admin/modules.php:46) in /var/www/web1/html/commerce/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

regards

rainer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So only items that are in the REDEMPTION category can be bought with points? So let's say you want the points to be good towards all of your products. Do you have to put a copy of them all under the REDEMPTION category and change the model name?

My points get awarded to customers, but I have no control in the admin area and just the constant error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/renesam/public_html/home/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

But I think it works

• 2 weeks later...

I found the way to install this module.

I think this module is based on the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (ccgv).

And Points/Rewards Module doesn't have the Credit Class.

I tried to cut and paste the Credit Class from the ccgv to the OSC, and It seems working.

But there were still problems on the admin area.

I coudn't change the status, etc.

So I saw the other order total modules and edited the ot_redemptions.php.

Then it worked.

Now I'm working on the award automatically thing. I'm testing but it doesn't seem working well.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get this working ok - it even had a tick box coming up asking if you wanted to use the reward points to pay for the item...

All looked good - except - it wouldn't deduct the points once the purchase was made. The points would add when they purchased products, could then use them, but the amounts stays the same.

And yes, it needs the credit class gift module to get this far.

Anyone got any further?

So only items that are in the REDEMPTION category can be bought with points? So let's say you want the points to be good towards all of your products. Do you have to put a copy of them all under the REDEMPTION category and change the model name?

Everything seems to work but I don't understand how it works...

When a customer buy something, points are well credited to his account.

1) But how can he have access to his points status ?

2) How do we declare a product as being part of the redemption products ?

When you say "Redemption Category", what does it mean ? A directory called "redemption" ???

If anybody could help me because I'm not so far ... :(

I have found how to have it work, for the people here that are trying to redeem their points and can not.

well, here it is:

The readme stated that the contributor had the redemptions store as a parallel store, and that gave me a hint of the source of the following $_SESSION variable, ie $_SESSION['cot_redemptions'] in the OT_REDEMPTIONS.PHP file.

This seems to indicate that the actual session is "special" somehow. Probably a tweak for the parallel store.

So, I disabled the checks for the 4 if ($_SESSION['cot_redemptions'])

simply by adding a NOT operator. it is now

(!$_SESSION['cot_redemptions']) (note the"!" - NOT operator)

and I can redeem my points.

Be aware that there is a ill written form at one place, where it is actually spelled "$SESSION", with no underscore. you must change this one too.

You also might want to change an other place where it checks if the products is redeemable by the model name. In the same file (OT_REDEMPTIONS.PHP), function selection_test()

change

if (!(substr($order->products[$i]['model'], 0, 10) == 'REDEMPTION'))
 {
	 return false;
 }

for

if (!(substr($order->products[$i]['model'], 0, 10) == 'REDEMPTION'))
 {
	 return true;
 }

Now, I understand that this is not pretty, and does not reflect good coding practices. But it works, and as I'm short on time, I'll leave it that way and maybe recode it later in a more fashionable way. I just wanted to let people here that I had found a way to have it work.

Bye,

Spou

Thanks for the post. Now however, I can redeem points in the payment area, but can't redeem gift vouchers or certificates in payments. Plus, I still can't use points to purchase items in the Redemption section.

How can I get the option to have points and or gift voucher at checkout?

Thanks for figuring that out, spou

I'm having the same problem. For some reason, the max points available are redeemed automatically towards any and all items in the shopping cart upon checkout (e.g. the customer does not have to add any items from the 'Redemptions' category w/ model 'REDEMPTIONS' in order to redeem his points).

The rewards points module also overrides the coupon/gv redemptions.

Anyone figured this part out yet? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, i think it is a shame when i see the lack of help from the original auther, dunno if it is beacuse he hasnt got the time or just dont care.

Its a awesome module, just needs some poishing and i have just asked our php coder to install it in to our shop, but when i see this thread, i doubt he should even bother, since it doesnt work and there is no support.

Why isnt there anyone that can re compile this and fix the bugs, aught to be plente of skilled coders in here that can fix the minor bugs in this script.

Incredible than no one can help in this thread :/

I have the problem now, that in "Order Total Modules", i see "points redemption - 800", wtf is that? Is it not supposed to say "true" or "false" there?, If i edit it, i cant, there is just a button that says "update" and if i press that nothing happens...

Anyone else had this problem?

Btw after i implemented the bugfix from spou like 99% works, now i onnly have this above issue, and then the question why i got a "redemption" in my main menu in the shop? Cant be true that i have to add all products once more to that point in the menu, i got like 300 products....will take forever. Anyone with a solution for that?

Incredible than no one can help in this thread :/

I have the problem now, that in "Order Total Modules", i see  "points redemption - 800", wtf is that? Is it not supposed to say "true" or "false" there?, If i edit it, i cant, there is just a button that says "update" and if i press that nothing happens...

Anyone else had this problem?

Btw after i implemented the bugfix from spou like 99% works, now i onnly have this above issue, and then the question why i got a "redemption" in my main menu in the shop? Cant be true that i have to add all products once more to that point in the menu, i got like 300 products....will take forever. Anyone with a solution for that?

No one has been able to fully fix this contribution. The 800 in redemptions can stay that way, it wont effect anything. Problem is, if you have credit voucher installed (which you need for contribution to work) you can't use them at checkout if the points module is activated. Also, it works ont he whole catalog, not just those items with model # redemption. That's all I've found out. There seem to be too mant errors to fully use this contribution yet.

Hope this helped somewhat.

Rene

• 4 weeks later...
No one has been able to fully fix this contribution. The 800 in redemptions can stay that way, it wont effect anything. Problem is, if you have credit voucher installed (which you need for contribution to work) you can't use them at checkout if the points module is activated. Also, it works ont he whole catalog, not just those items with model # redemption. That's all I've found out. There seem to be too mant errors to fully use this contribution yet.

Hope this helped somewhat.

Rene

Rene I installed and followed the directions from everyone in this list and it seems to be working now except for the problems you mentioned...

Biggest problem is the points can be used for any product, not just redemptions.

Also, the points redemption box appears even if the user doesn't have enough points to redeem.

I don't know enough about php or oscommerce to make a fix, but if anyone has any questions about how I got as far as I did I'll try to help.

-Mike