No question....just a big thank you to Terra and all the others for this contribution.... and I must say, I was amazed of all the support you give....
Here under changes we made to use this contribution in another way. Maybe it can help somebody.
If not many changes had been done in the OSC version you are using, the contribution worked fine and directly after the first installation. Again thank you as it is a great job. But for us we made so many changes to checkout_process.php (marketing tracking, extra quickorder processing with create account at the end, mail sending, etc.), that we wanted to keep all this functionalities at one place, including the stocks updates as even if the payment is still not accepted, the quantities shouldn’t be available anymore. We also really wanted to sent the mail directly at the end of the checkout_process.php and allow the call of paypal at the end of the order on the checkout_success.php page.
So we inverted a little bit the process :
1. in paypal_ipn.php : we commented out the save order part
2. in paypal_ipn.php : we commented out the tep_redirect in the before_process() function so that it could go through the checkout_process.php page
5. in checkout_confirmation.php : we allowed to go directly to checkout_ process.php instead of opening paypal
3. in checkout_process.php : we saved the order completely and send the mails, like usual, just adding a note in the mail to tell that this order is still temporary before the payment is accepted
4. in paypal_ipn.php : we updated the after_process() function which is launched at the end of checkout_process.php to update the database to know that the mail as been sent for this paypal order and to prepare the paypal calling
6. in checkout_success.php : we allowed open paypal instead of doing this in the checkout_confirmation.php page.
7. ipn.php : we commented out the sending mail part for the order confirmation + the stock updates as it has already been done in checkout_process.php
This is fine, but big negative issue is that if people cannot pay via paypal or want to abort paypal process, they won't be able to come back and change the payment method before checking out, but we liked it better like this und we don’t have all these paypal temporary orders if people quit before checking out.
Kindest regards and thank you again for all you did.