Jump to content

jb_gfx

Members
  • Content count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Real Name
    JB is my real name
  1. I have STS 2.01 installed together with Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs 2.0b, both are working fine (Windows Server 2003, Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.10 and MySql 4.1.9). I'm using the cName / pName urls type (still have to look at Apache's modRewrite when I'll have some time...). That said, Thanks a lot Chemo for this great piece of code, you really did an awesome work! Since I noticed some small 'glitchs' with version 2.0b, I'll post my remarks here, hopefully these will not be dupe and will be helpfull to some peoples around... I noticed a little error, WebPixie moded this mod (!) to support mName -manufacturersName but they (he?) forgot to include some bits of code in order to get it to fully works. So here its the fix : In "catalog/includes/application_top.php", search for the following code : if ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) ) { $cPath = str_replace( 'cPath=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['cName'])) ); $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] = $cPath; } if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName'])) ) { $pid = str_replace('products_id=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['pName']))); $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] = (int)$pid; } DIRECTLY AFTER, add this : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['mName']) && defined(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['mName'])) ) { $pid = str_replace('manufacturers_id=', '', constant(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['mName']))); $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] = (int)$pid; } Now manufactures name links will also works in the manufacturers box when they are displayed as a list (by default - they are displayed as a form). Another little problem I've come across while using this contrib is the tables names are hardcoded. So to fit the Osc 'standard' and being able to simply change the name of the tables used by the contrib you should add this line to the configuration files. Because some hosts will force you to add a prefix to your tables names, or (like in my case) you prefer to change the defaults tables names (for security reasons). In "catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php" and "catalog/includes/database_tables.php" Add the following lines (no matter where in the script you put it) : // BEGIN: Cache class by Chemo (used by Ultimate SEO URLs) define('TABLE_CACHE', 'cache'); // END: Cache class by Chemo (used by Ultimate SEO URLs) Then change all the call to database used in the contrib, like in this example : $this->cache_query = tep_db_query("SELECT ".$select_list." FROM cache WHERE cache_language_id='".(int)$this->lang_id."' AND cache_global='1'"); Replace by : $this->cache_query = tep_db_query("SELECT ".$select_list." FROM " . TABLE_CACHE . " WHERE cache_language_id='".(int)$this->lang_id."' AND cache_global='1'"); Or : $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name from PRODUCTS p left join PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION pd on p.products_id=pd.products_id and pd.language_id='".(int)$languages_id."' where p.products_status='1'"); Replace by : $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id=pd.products_id and pd.language_id='".(int)$languages_id."' where p.products_status='1'"); Etc..., there is a few of them so you should search manually (it may be easier to search in the install files, better than installed shop...). I hope, Chemo, you will include these 'fix' in a future version. (pardon me if these infos have already been posted, but I didn't had time to read all the pages from this thread).
×