My Host switched secure servers which of course wreaked havoc with my sites. One of the problems was that I was getting the dreaded "FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini" on all my stores whenever I tried to administer changes. There already exists a "Register Globals Patch" that is supposed to solve this problem but as I read it it became obvious that if youy have a lot of contributions installed then the patch may not be the best solution - or at least the easiest solution. As it turned out the easiest solution was to copy the PHP.INI file to every subdirectory in the store that uses PHP.
That's all this contribution does. It does it with all the standard subdirectories, but if you come accross this error and want to run the patch you might want to make sure that any additional subdirectories created by other contributions also get the PHP.INI copied to them.
Also, please note that there is a possibility that some of these directories contained in my little php file don't exist in the standard 2.2 distribution (they might be part of a contribution I've installed... I don't know... I'm contirbution happy). If so, they should generate some errors when you run the php file but you may ignore those errors.
Here it is: