a bit of a confusing issue I hope the collective wisdom can solve.
Using the latest install, which was working smoothly, suddenly fails with:
- the deletion of the Google XML SEO link from admin->Config (and the row in the configuration_group table as well!)
- failure of generation bombing out with..... <b>Warning</b>: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php</b> on line <b>354</b><br />
ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!
- all the others fail too, with the same error.
- all the xml files are set to 0777 for good measure
- diagnostics point to a permissions issue, but they have not changed, and are on max
What is REALLY odd is this was working for weeks then suddenly dies. I "fixed" it be re-installing everything from scratch, confirmed it worked by hand, ran a few crons to test and then left it thinking it was a glitch in the matrix..... now, it pops right back - exact same issue.
What freaks me out is that the row is deleted from configuration_group table.... I cant find any code that would be doing this, and the failure is seemly utterly random.