• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upload Problem with EasyPopulate 2.61 on MS2

Aalst

I have made the correct mod's to EP 2.61 so it will work with MS2.

I was able to make my first upload into the DB, and it all went great. I did it as a test to make sure everything I was entering would import correctly before wasting to much time.

Now I am trying to do another update to the DB, but it will not go. It doesn't give any errors, but doesn't show the inserts/updates like it did the first time. I also deleted everything from the DB and tried again. Cleared out the TEMP directory also. Nothing so far has worked.

When I use the "Upload EP File" I get the following response:

File uploaded. 

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phphCz6dp 

User filename: products.txt 

Size: 44642

If I use the "Import from Temp Dir" I get the following response:

Filename: products.txt

This is strange, since it work so well the first time just a few hours ago. I tried chaning the file name, just in case, but no good.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks...

Aalst

Is the page blank after the filename report?

If so, then an error is occurring but not being displayed and is stopping the script from running.

To possibly find out if there is an error occurring, edit the .htaccess file in your catalog/admin folder and add the following line:

php_flag display_errors on

and then try the re-import and see if you get any error messages.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

BTW I either do not have access to my .htaccess files or my ISP uses another method. They kinda suck. They do not give shell access, and I have to do everything via a Web Based Control Panel. When I FTP or use the File manager in the control panel there is not .htaccess files in any of my password protected directories.

So I can not add the line you suggest. Sounds like I do not need to since the page is NOT blank after the report.

Are the entries in the file different from those in the database and/or previously uploaded file?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

BTW I either do not have access to my .htaccess files or my ISP uses another method. They kinda suck. They do not give shell access, and I have to do everything via a Web Based Control Panel. When I FTP or use the File manager in the control panel there is not .htaccess files in any of my password protected directories.

So I can not add the line you suggest. Sounds like I do not need to since the page is NOT blank after the report.

The orignal about 25 items are still in the file but with changes to the description, plus an additional about 30 new items .

This is my test file I am trying to make changes and upload make changes and upload, etc. Untill I feel EP is in a reliable configuration for a full upload.

I did add HTML to the descriptions, but the DB & OSC supports HTML and since there are no tabs, double quotes, or single qoutes in the HTML, it should be just normal text to EP right? Example of the HTML:

Archived