• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Promblem With Send Email Function in Admin Area

lseibert

We are using osCommerce 2.2-MS2. When trying to use the send email function from the admin area to email customers, it sends the emails out in HTML code instead of properly formatted. Any thoughts on what would cause this? Thanks for your help.

Here is a sample of what it is doing below. The message should read Testing email function with Orange Testing, but below is how the message comes through to the recipient.

<p><span style="color: #ff6600;"><strong>Testing</strong></span> email function.</p>

osC sends plain-text email by default.

You might need something like this contribution.

And I copy/pasted this text from a post around here somewhere:

I just recently set this up for ourselves... it's a pretty simple change.

MAKE BACKUPS FIRST!

Find catalog/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php

Around line 63 find:

CODE

$mimemessage->add_text($this->content);

And change it to:

CODE

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content);

And then I BELIEVE you have to go into your Admin Panel -> Configuration -> E-mail Options

and set "Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails" to true (I'm not sure if this NEEDS to be done... I changed this before I changed the code to see if it would work and never bothered with changing it back).

That should do it... it works on our site, anyways. If you have a development site or something set your email to the only one with a newsletter subscription and send yourself some random HTML (I did "<h1>Test</h1>" for instance).

Hope this helps.

Maybe something in there will help.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived