• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Weight not same as Product Weight

mrGlo

I have a weird issue - 3kg seems to be added to the weight of any product that is to be delivered, and when I choose an item with a 0kg weight a shipping weight of 3kg is displayed in the checkout process.

I've checked my delivery module and there is no mention of a 3kg weight anywhere. I am using the RM shipping contribution. I also installed another contribution and it did the same thing i.e. it added 3kg to the shipping weight.

Can anyone please help. Thanks.

I have a weird issue - 3kg seems to be added to the weight of any product that is to be delivered, and when I choose an item with a 0kg weight a shipping weight of 3kg is displayed in the checkout process.

I've checked my delivery module and there is no mention of a 3kg weight anywhere. I am using the RM shipping contribution. I also installed another contribution and it did the same thing i.e. it added 3kg to the shipping weight.

Can anyone please help. Thanks.

Hi Yasir,

Check the Package Tare Weight in your admin under Configuration and Shipping/Packaging. The package tare weight should be set to whatever your average package weighs before any products are added. Simply weigh a shipping box, packing peanuts, packing slip, sales receipt, business cards, etc. to give you the tare weight and then enter that weight in Package Tare Weight under Configuration and Shipping/Packaging in your admin. That amount/tare weight is then automatically added to the product or products weight to calculate the total weight for shipping. I hope this helps!

Brightest Blessings,

Azure Moon

Archived