• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation issue

gusgallows

Hey Vger,

I have completed the installation. I am getting no warnings with a colored background but I am getting the following warnings at the top with no colored background:

The screen comes up clean with the two links: Catalog and Administration Tool

When I click on Catalog, I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

When I click the Adminstration tool, I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1001 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 165

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /hosted/domains/a/u/authors-pad.biz/public_html/Store/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

If these are not issues that would halt my store from working, how do I keep them from coming up. If they are actual problems, how do I fix them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry to have listed this on twice. I discovered the fix in another question. This is the one where /tmp needed to be replaced with tmp in the database. This question can be deleted if you want as it is a duplicate.

Archived