• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers cant login

greatlakes

Noticed this error after i installed pwa 2.0b, purchase without a account. I dont know what it means. Anyone have any ideas? I tried to login on my test account and i get this error.

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_block' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_block, guest_account from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]' and guest_account='0'

It means you're trying to query the database, looking for a 'customers_block' field in the customers table and one doesn't exist. Did you run the SQL commands that came with the PWA contrib? Looks like you may have added the code, but not updated your database.

Tried to create a new account and got this error

1048 - Column 'guest_account' cannot be null

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, customers_password, guest_account) values ('erht', 'ety', '[email protected]', '1234567896', '', '', '02d5b32350cc5ce84149bae861001aa9:af', null)

Running into same problem - I think it has somthing to do with the english.sql file (at least in my case). When I import common.sql more than once I always get the message that it is being duplicated, but I don't get that when I run english.sql more than once. What I do get is an equal number of "PWA's" listed in the admin side. Anyone know how to fix this?

If anyone is using PWA can they check their database and let me know what type/collation/attribute/null, etc. you have for the field "customer_block". I can enter it manually to the list if someone could fill in the details.

Nav

I don't know if you can find customers_block column attributes.

This is common.sql from PWA 2.0b. I don't see customers_block column being added to the customer table.

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD COLUMN `guest_account` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `customers_newsletter`;

ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY COLUMN `customers_password` VARCHAR(40) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `customers_dummy_account` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `customers_address_format_id`;

I am also getting this error:

1048 - Column 'guest_account' cannot be null

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, customers_password, guest_account) values ('David', 'Hasselhoff', '[email protected]', '7184238810', '', '', '8d768ca01420c5be77388aa84ff69465:c6', null)

Why? What is the resolution, I've been having a hard time for a couple of weeks trying to get Option Type and PWA to work together. I even tried using Text Imprint with PWA and no success. Any suggestions? I feel like I am almost there, I just need help getting by this error. Thanks to everyone.

OK, so I got past this by creating the field manually but I ran into another problem---orders are being overwritten by the most recent order. Only one order appears on admin page.... It seems like a never ending string of problems when trying to install the 2 contributions I need. So, here's the big question:

*IS there anyone out there with the following 2 abilities on their osc site: ability to have a Product Attribute Field that allows the customer to enter a "name" to be used on a custom made product (like Option Type 3.0 or Imprint Text Options) ---AND-- the ability to make purchases without creating an account with us? If yes, what contributions did you use?

I have been looking for 3 weeks and trying different combinations of PWA / Imprint Text Options / Option Type 3.0. I have been unable to achieve my goal -- Purchasing without an account and a custom prouduct field..

Can anyone help?....pleaseeeee.....

I am also getting this errors, I don't know very much about php and mysql, just experimenting:

Please, before do anything backup! backup! backup!

1048 - Column 'guest_account' cannot be null :angry:

in create_account.php

edit the line $guestaccount = 'null' and change for $guestaccount = 'guestaccount';

something like this:

// PWA BOF 2b
	if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest']))
	{
		$dbPass = tep_encrypt_password($password);
//			   $guestaccount = 'null';
		$guestaccount = 'guestaccount';
	}else{
		$dbPass = 'null';
		$guestaccount = '1';
	}
	// PWA EOF 2b

I tried and now works :) but after I created the account and I want go to login page, I got

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_block' in 'field list' :angry:

in login.php I deleted "customers_block,"

.... customers_default_address_id, customers_block, guest_account from ....

.... customers_default_address_id, guest_account from ....

here is my code from login.php:

// Check if email exists
// PWA BOF
// using guest_account with customers_email_address
//   $check_customer_query = tep_db_query(  "select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_block, guest_account from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address). "' and guest_account='0'");
  $check_customer_query = tep_db_query(  "select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, guest_account from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address). "' and guest_account='0'");

// PWA EOF

I dont' know if this changes are correct or what I am doing, but now is working.

Try at your own risk, maybe somebody can help with a better solution.

Greets

Deivid

• 2 weeks later...

devid,

i saw your post below, and I have the same two issues with the customer not being able to login because of the customer block field, and the customer not being able to create an account because of the gues account cant be null error. I know your code edits would have gotten the errors to go away, but did they have any side effects? Is everything working how its supposed to?

I am also getting this errors, I don't know very much about php and mysql, just experimenting:

in create_account.php

edit the line $guestaccount = 'null' and change for $guestaccount = 'guestaccount';

something like this:

// PWA BOF 2b
	{
	}else{
		$dbPass = 'null';
		$guestaccount = '1';
	}
	// PWA EOF 2b

I tried and now works :) but after I created the account and I want go to login page, I got

// Check if email exists
// PWA BOF
//   $check_customer_query = tep_db_query(  "select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_block, guest_account from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address). "' and guest_account='0'");
  $check_customer_query = tep_db_query(  "select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, guest_account from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address). "' and guest_account='0'");

// PWA EOF

I dont' know if this changes are correct or what I am doing, but now is working.

Greets

Deivid

Customer_block is some code from another contrib.....appologies. Delete it. If you put your questions in the PWa forum everyone with thte same problems can help fix it.And I can update the contrib. I had no idea this was even an issue.

lildog

I think it needs to be:

edit the line $guestaccount = 'null' and change for $guestaccount = '0';

in create_account.php

something like this:

// PWA BOF 2b
	{
	}else{
		$dbPass = 'null';
		$guestaccount = '1';
	}
	// PWA EOF 2b

// Check if email exists
// PWA BOF

// PWA EOF

Greets

Deivid

Archived