• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

authorize.net problems

RoninS14

Okay, I've been researching this for a week and still haven't figured out why my authorize.net module isn't working. I haven't even been able to find a thread which was dedicated entirely to "setting up" the authorize.net module so I've been searching the hundred of threads relating to auth.net to find a solution to my problem.

Now depending on which authorize.net module I use, I get a different error.

I've tried vger's version march 18 and I get the "There has been an error processing your credit card".

I've tried ponce's version jan 11 2008 and I get the "There has been an error processing your credit card".

I've tried the default authorize.net version bundled in OSC and still no luck.

There appears to be a million threads about the many different errors and solutions for each. I've looked through just about all of the one's that I thought pertained to my problem and I still can't get it to work.

I have followed all instructions provided by each thread and each modules without success.

Some seem to have a easy time getting auth.net to work while others never seem to find a solution to their problems.

--------------------------------------------------

"There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

above is the error I am getting using ponce's version of AIM for authorize.net. which is the version that I would prefer to use. Now if I'm told to use a different version, then I will. But it seems that ponce's version is the newest of the greatest and I'd like to get it to work.

I am hosted with pair networks (the osc sponsor) running php5/mysql5. I have curl compiled on there so I know that this is not the problem. With ponce's version of the AIM module, I tried setting the curl field to "usr/bin/curl" and just "curl". I get the same results, error.

===In my settings for A.net (TESTMODE)

-I have enabled the following in " Upload Transaction File Format":

Email Customer: yes

Apply AVS Filter: no

Apply Card Code Filter: no

field separator: comma(,)

Field Encapsulation Character: blank

-In the "transaction version", I am using the 3.1 version

-In the "response/receive URL", I have the following:

URL

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php Default Receipt URL Edit

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php Default Relay Response URL Edit

-I did not touch

-In the "address verification service", I have the default values seclected.

-I've set my MD5hash and entered it in the "MD5hash" field in OSC's administration > modules > payment > Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

-I've enabled "password required mode"

-I've enabled "file uploads capabilities"

-I do not have weblink activated

-and I've entered my API and transkey into the proper fields of OSC's administration > modules > payment > Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

Am I missing something?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I know this doesn't help, but I'm having similar problems. For me, it seems my site is not communicating with authorize.net's secure site. There is excellent documentation on vger's original contribution, but nothing on Ponce's. Just sitting here scratching my head...

I got a new error after tweaking some settings in vger's contribution:

(TESTMODE) Credit card number is required. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

anybody know this one?

K, I'm officially out of ideas.

I'm now trying to use ponce's AIM module from jan 11 and this is what I get.

There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

I'm testing vger's version of the AIM module. Release march 18.

when I enter the credit card number and everything else and click submit to go to the confirmation page. The card number does not get forwarded to the order confirmation page (or checkout_confirmation.php). At the top of the checkout_confirmation.php right below my store banner there is this error:

Warning: str_repeat() [function.str-repeat]: Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /usr/www/users/tahiti/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php on line 175

then when I click on "confirm order" i get:

(TESTMODE) Credit card number is required. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

Edited by RoninS14

I'm beginning to think it is a problem with CURL - or at least something on the server. My server evidently has 2 curl locations - /usr/sbin/curl and /us/bin/curl . What server do you use ronin? I use bluehost - a shared server - but have my ssl and a dedicated IP.

I'm hosted on pair networks (an OSC sponsor). I checked my cURL path with my host and its correct, it compiles correctly. Dedicated IP and SSL.

Seing as how I can't find any support for this, I started rebuilding a new site using oscms2.2rc2a. I'm just got done installing it and will probably start uploading my whole database once I have all my mods installed. I'm still trying to figure out which ones work with rc2a and which ones don't.

The only concern is using authorize.net and USPS shipping modules with USPS methods. So i'm going to try and get that to work first and see how that goes.

I'll keep this updated.

Please do keep me updated. If you wouldn't mind keeping a list of what modules work with the new RC and posting it in this forum, it will surely help me and probably many other oscommerce users. Seems this switch is going to cause a lot of compatibility issues - I don't know whether I should keep trying to get authorize.net to work in my current version, or if I should upgrade and try to get every other contribution I use to work with the new RC. I think your experience will give me my answer.

Thank you in advance!

I tried a brand new install also and the AIM method will not work however the SIM does work. I tested curl using (from SSH) curl https://secure.authorize.net and get the proper return so I do no think it is a curl or server issue.

#curl https://secure.authorize.net
<html>
<HEAD><TITLE>Authorize.Net</TITLE>
<META NAME="Authorize.Net -- Enabling more businesses to process transactions wor
ldwide">
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="100%,*" BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0>
<FRAME NAME="top" SRC="https://Account.authorize.net/ui/themes/anet/merch.app" NOR
ESIZE>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

Looking for help also.

I also have the same problem with the AIM and am looking ito it.

Does anyone know how to capture the outgoing or the incoming strings?

New install of OSC and using the built-in AIM method. Get "There has been an error processing your credit card" error. Please, anyone with suggestions let me know. We need this site to launch today if possible...

The best way out is

ask auth.net that we posted this on your gateway for payment and got this as an error.

They will guide.

Generally if Your account is in test mode and You are trying to test live or vice versa this might happen.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone have ANY resolution to this? I've contacted both my host and authorize.net, but they are saying it's a problem with the shopping cart. I tend to agree with them!

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone have ANY resolution to this? I've contacted both my host and authorize.net, but they are saying it's a problem with the shopping cart. I tend to agree with them!

I had many different errors on the way to having the store working... What in the end worked for me:

A) My original problem was not getting the order through - after submitting the confirmation page I would get kicked back to login page.

What resolved it

installing the new Authorize.Net AIM module,

then, afer exausting all options in

this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208800

and then

this thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=199381

B) order started getting through but I was getting the Credit Card error.

I have couple of oscommerce stores on couple of domains; one of them uses Authorize.net. in the authorize.net built-in module, I have a USER LOGIN in the login field, and then Transaction Key, working successfully.

However, this time around with a AIM mode from the topics above, I kept getting an error in credit card processing.

I put the API Login ID instead of the User Login, and it worked.

-------------------------

Edited by Daria

I had many different errors on the way to having the store working... What in the end worked for me:

A ) My original problem was not getting the order through - after submitting the confirmation page I would get kicked back to login page.

What resolved it

and then

B ) order started getting through but I was getting the Credit Card error.

I have couple of oscommerce stores on couple of domains; one of them uses Authorize.net. in the authorize.net built-in module, I have a USER LOGIN in the login field, and then Transaction Key, working successfully.

However, this time around with a AIM mode from the topics above, I kept getting an error in credit card processing.

Edited by Daria

• 2 months later...

A ) My original problem was not getting the order through - after submitting the confirmation page I would get kicked back to login page.

What resolved it

and then

B ) order started getting through but I was getting the Credit Card error.

You certainly have to use the API Login ID as per the AUTHNET documentation. User Login stopped working for me a long time ago as it should because technically you can have the same AUTHNET user login with different merchant accounts. It's possible that AUTHNET recently set up all their customers like this.

Another thing is that this authnet contribution is very basic starting point. It doesn't show you all the information auth.net sends back to your site with every transaction attempt.

Usually auth.net will provide an error code with each response type, which you can look up and find out EXACTLY what is wrong. What I've done for clients in the past is create an option to log every transaction and response, as it It certainly helps with troubleshooting and can save you a lot of time in the long run.

Edited by Bruin_03

• 1 month later...

OK this was a major pain in the ass to find and fix, but I think I found it.

I am using an OSCMax installation with Ponce's authorize.net module. I looked through the code on oscommerce and it did not appear this was a problem.

I was getting the same generic error message:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

and the corresponding URL:

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_payment.p...p;error=general

To troubleshoot this, generally speaking, this is what I did:

* intercept the "post" variable to see what was being passed through

* intercept the request to authorize.net

* intercept the response from authorize.net

What I discovered was...

* the actual request to authorize.net was not providing a credit card number

* the complete error message from authorize.net was something along the lines of "you didn't provide a credit card number"

The best way to check to see if this is the case is as follows:

* Add a product to your cart

* Go through the checkout process until you get to the checkout_confirmation.php (where you enter your credit card information)

* View the source of the web page and look for this:

<form name="checkout_confirmation" 
action="https://example.com/catalog/checkout_process.php?osCsid=bnoalmp85jr96tv56nne19qp13" 
method="post">
<input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_confirm_order.gif" border="0" alt="Confirm Order" title=" Confirm Order "></form>

The key here is the location of the opening <form> tag. If the opening form tag is on the line preceding the closing </form> tag, then my solution should work for you.

The problem... a web page will ONLY submit the information in the <input> tags that is enclosed between the opening and closing <form> tags. Since your payment information tags actually are rendered BEFORE the opening <form> tag, oscommerce will never actually "get" the credit card number as submitted.

On my oscMax installation, I edited the following file:

catalog/templates/fallback/content/checkout_confirmation.tpl.php

Around line 215, look for this:

<?php
 if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {
$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;
 } else {
$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');
 }

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');
 if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
echo $payment_modules->process_button();
 }

Add a closing and opening PHP tag after the "echo tep_draw_form line", so it looks like this:

<?php
 } else {
 }

?>
<?php
 if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
echo $payment_modules->process_button();
 }

Take the code between the first opening and closing PHP tag:

<?php
 } else {
 }

?>

Cut this text from this location, and paste it after line 138 (which looks something like this:

<td class="main"><b><?php echo HEADING_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></b></td>

If you refresh your browser, you should see that the opening FORM tag now occurs before the payment tags. You can verify this by looking through the source code and finding the name and credit card number fields:

<input type="text" name="cc_owner" value="Joe Schmoe">
<input type="text" name="cc_number_nh-dns">
<select name="cc_expires_month">
<select name="cc_expires_year">
<input type="text" name="cc_cvc_nh-dns" size="5" maxlength="4">

I looked through the source code on oscommerce, and the opening <form> tag looks to be in the correct location.

If you want to intercept and view what is being submitted to a.net, or view the actual respone from a.net, you can do this. This is risky, so here are my disclaimers:

* Use this code at your own risk. I do no take any responsibility for your use of this code. If you pass a credit card number through, this will "log" the number, so be very careful.

* I did this with my site offline to the rest of the world. You are responsible for maintaining your own PCI compliance on your site.

* If you are on a shared host, do this at your own risk. I don't use a shared host. I did this with my own "real" credit card number, and made sure to wipe the log file clean when I was done.

* Use SFTP and SSH to ensure that information is not compromised at any point along the way.

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_aim.php, after line 182:

$transaction_response = $this->sendTransactionToGateway($gateway_url, $post_string);

paste this...

// begin logging of post variables, authorize.net request, and authorize.net response

$myFile = "/home/my_path/authorize_net.log";
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'a') or die("can't open file");
$stringData = "\nSENT: ".$post_string;
fwrite($fh, $stringData);
$stringData = "\nRESPONSE: ".$transaction_response;
foreach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $key => $value) {
$stringData = "\nPOST: $key=$value";
}
fwrite($fh, "\nDone.\n");
fclose($fh);

// end logging

You'll need to modify the $myfile variable to your own server. It is critical that the $myFile location not be anywhere where the web server can read it and serve it up. You may need to create $myfile as an empty text file on your server before running this.

Once you type in a credit card number and click Submit, it will log the request sent to authorize.net, the response back from authorize.net, and the actual post variables from the web form (including the credit card number).

Be sure to remove this chunk of code before putting your site back into production.

Jeff Wigal

www.referee-assistant.com

Edited by jwigal

I am having the same problem receiving the General Error: "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

I have checked with a.net and they are not recieving any transaction attempts from my site.

I have verified cURL is installed.

It is not that I don't trust the previous post; but I would like for one of the seasoned moderators to comment on the above suggestions before modifying my site. I can not help but to think that there is another solution to this problem that so many people are having.

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

It is not that I don't trust the previous post; but I would like for one of the seasoned moderators to comment on the above suggestions before modifying my site. I can not help but to think that there is another solution to this problem that so many people are having.

That's understandable. This is a specific fix for a specific problem... it's quick to check and see if this fix might apply or not:

If the output from checkout_confirmation.php looks something like this (simplified for clarity):

<form>
</select>
</select>
<input type="image" alt="Confirm Order" title=" Confirm Order ">
</form>

then my solution won't help you. If it looks like this:

</select>
</select>
<form>
<input type="image" alt="Confirm Order" title=" Confirm Order ">
</form>

then the opening <form> tag needs to be moved to enclose all of the fields.

Jeff, thanks for the suggestion! My site had the form tags as you described. I followed your instructions and now the form tags are properly positioned as you suggest. However, I still receive the same general error:

"There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

Jeff, after making the suggested change, I have noticed that the PayPal payment module does not work. Clicking the "Confirm" button results in nothing happening. I reversed the suggested changes and the PayPal module works fine.

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

Okay, I've been researching this for a week and still haven't figured out why my authorize.net module isn't working. I haven't even been able to find a thread which was dedicated entirely to "setting up" the authorize.net module so I've been searching the hundred of threads relating to auth.net to find a solution to my problem.

Now depending on which authorize.net module I use, I get a different error.

I've tried vger's version march 18 and I get the "There has been an error processing your credit card".

I've tried ponce's version jan 11 2008 and I get the "There has been an error processing your credit card".

I've tried the default authorize.net version bundled in OSC and still no luck.

There appears to be a million threads about the many different errors and solutions for each. I've looked through just about all of the one's that I thought pertained to my problem and I still can't get it to work.

I have followed all instructions provided by each thread and each modules without success.

Some seem to have a easy time getting auth.net to work while others never seem to find a solution to their problems.

--------------------------------------------------

"There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

above is the error I am getting using ponce's version of AIM for authorize.net. which is the version that I would prefer to use. Now if I'm told to use a different version, then I will. But it seems that ponce's version is the newest of the greatest and I'd like to get it to work.

I am hosted with pair networks (the osc sponsor) running php5/mysql5. I have curl compiled on there so I know that this is not the problem. With ponce's version of the AIM module, I tried setting the curl field to "usr/bin/curl" and just "curl". I get the same results, error.

===In my settings for A.net (TESTMODE)

-I have enabled the following in " Upload Transaction File Format":

Email Customer: yes

Apply AVS Filter: no

Apply Card Code Filter: no

field separator: comma(,)

Field Encapsulation Character: blank

-In the "transaction version", I am using the 3.1 version

-In the "response/receive URL", I have the following:

URL

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php Default Receipt URL Edit

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php Default Relay Response URL Edit

-I did not touch

-In the "address verification service", I have the default values seclected.

-I've set my MD5hash and entered it in the "MD5hash" field in OSC's administration > modules > payment > Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

-I've enabled "password required mode"

-I've enabled "file uploads capabilities"

-I do not have weblink activated

-and I've entered my API and transkey into the proper fields of OSC's administration > modules > payment > Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

Am I missing something?

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

So I have been searching the forum for weeks now to find a solution to this same problem. I think I am getting closer with "fwrite" script.

Here is the log.

SENT: x_login=xxxxxxxxx&x_tran_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&x_version=3.1&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_delim_char=%2C&x_encap_char=%22&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_first_name=John&x_last_name=Doe&x_company=&x_address=###+Street+Ave.&x_city=Los+Angeles&x_state=California&x_zip=#####&x_country=United+States&x_phone=6265551212&x_cust_id=2&x_customer_ip=XX.XXX.XXX.XX&x_email=johndoe%40my_provider.net&x_description=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&x_amount=3.49&x_currency_code=USD&x_method=CC&x_type=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_card_num=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&x_exp_date=0108&x_card_code=xxx&x_ship_to_first_name=John&x_ship_to_last_name=Doe&x_ship_to_company=&x_ship_to_address=####+Street+Ave.&x_ship_to_city=Los+Angeles&x_ship_to_state=California&x_ship_to_zip=#####&x_ship_to_country=United+States&x_test_request=TRUE&x_freight=2.50&x_line_item=1<|>Test<|>Test<|>1<|>0.99<|>NO
RESPONSE: "3","2","13","(TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.","000000","P","0","","","3.49","","auth_capture","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
Done.

I think something in the script is not relaying properly. I verified that my login and transaction id were correct, but still nothing.

I have tried every possible setting from the admin. I got it to partially work 1 time. Authorize.net shows the transaction, but my site doesn't, nor was I ever routed back to my site.

I am gonna play with the code a bit and see if there is maybe a contribution I can add to solve this problem. I really need this to work as do many of us.

Joshua Morris