• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

get rid of the "TEXT_GREETING_GUEST

i know i ned to delete the majority of the text from language\english.php to get rid of "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?" But where do I get rid of the "TEXT_GREETING_GUEST" that now shows in the index. I have checked both the index.php and includes/languages/english/index.ph with no luck....

Thx

I need to do the same thing, remove completely the welcome guest line from the main index page. I have searched the forums and guess I am not searching it right to find it. I see were alot of sites have removed it.

/includes/languages/english.php needs a line in it as follows, guess you deleted the whole line

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', '');

This would be a good place to do a little research

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...sign_and_Layout

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

/includes/languages/english.php needs a line in it as follows, guess you deleted the whole line

This would be a good place to do a little research

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...sign_and_Layout

I dont have the line in mine either and I have been looking. Is it referenced from somewhere else? I just want to delete the whole guest welcome line.

I dont have the line in mine either and I have been looking. Is it referenced from somewhere else? I just want to delete the whole guest welcome line.

I did my research and found the answer in another post. Just had to figure out how to ask the right question. Here is the answer.....

In catalog\includes\languages\english.php and other language files find

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><u>new products</u></a> are available to purchase?');

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>If you are not %s, please <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a> with your account information.</small>');

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

and change to

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', '');

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '');

I added one extra step and that was to not delete the original code but to rem it out so if I needed to go back to it I could very easily. Just place the // in front of the top three define tags to rem them out.....

• 1 year later...

For Design Purposes:

To Correctly and non-destructively remove the Default Greeting Line completely.

Locate this in the index.php file

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

change to <td class="main"><?php // echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

The Function is in the general.php in the functions directory.

You may also consider adding the text to the STS template user file if you are using STS.

Archived