• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order missing / no invoice or edit options

OldTimeSchool

HI...

I am new and have been setting my osC site up with lots of enjoyment. Have pluggged in a few good contributions

Today I was planning to go live. Entered an actual live transaction. Payment went through. Emails sent to buyer etc.

Now problems...

1) the order sometimes appears in the Admin/Customer/Order screen, sometimes not. Same applies to Buyer/My Account area

2) I see no "Edit" button or "Invoice" button as per the story in the PDF manual

None of the following bolded bits (extracted from the PDF manual) can be found or seen...

Orders

These are your "pending" orders. Click the "edit" button to see the order and you can

change the status of the order, put comments in the comments box, and notify the

customer of the progress of their order.

You also have an invoice and packing slip capability.

And BTW ... all the correct data can be seen in the orders table and its sub-tables.

3) Is there an option that emails the store owner when a purchase has been made. We're not expecting huge volumes... Just huge $$ / transaction :D

... Thanks

Roger

where did you download the oscommerce from? was it from here?

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

or it was some from some other place. Because editing orders is standard with the stock osc.

Thanks Mark.

I did download from here.

I have installed a payment gateway plugin for eWay ... I re-read the installation txt for that & found I had one section of caode out of order... Fixed that but, alas, it didn't help.

I have since downloaded 2 contributions to report on and view orders...both look great, but again, no details for the order.

I've checkd mySQL ... all the data appears to be there in the orders tables

My current suspicion is that the SQL that joins the various order tables together is depending on a field for joining that may be null ... I haven't looked hard at this yet. It's just a hunch.

It seems like something is breaking the in the code before it gets to display those buttons etc.

where did you download the oscommerce from? was it from here?

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

or it was some from some other place. Because editing orders is standard with the stock osc.

In case my code editing in orders.php have been causing this issue, I've just tried replacing the orders.php file in \catalog\admin\ with the original (from oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.zip)

... still no joy. Same issues.

On the main Admin Control Panel I see Orders / Pending: 1

I click on that link... Nothing.

Occasionally I see the one order in the Orders list ... but (as I mentioned before) ... no Edit / Invoice buttons.

Thanks

In case my code editing in orders.php have been causing this issue, I've just tried replacing the orders.php file in \catalog\admin\ with the original (from oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.zip)

... still no joy. Same issues.

On the main Admin Control Panel I see Orders / Pending: 1

I click on that link... Nothing.

Occasionally I see the one order in the Orders list ... but (as I mentioned before) ... no Edit / Invoice buttons.

Thanks

FOUND IT !!

Mazzel 18 May 2004 : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...190/mirror,pair

Onwards we go ... !!

Archived