• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Super Download Store

AlexStudio

Super Download Shop v1.0

for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 Update 060817 or later

Super Download Shop contribution is an enhancement of the osCommerce download module and download file management, including following features:

• Secure download for pending orders based on DownLoads Controller v5.3 by Linda McGrath which was the best solution to secure downloads. Without similar control, customers could get their downloads before they actually pay.
  • Group files download per product which enable download shops to offer multiple files in a single product. With this ability, shop owners can:
    • Break a large download file into a group of files, to prevent problems like insufficient resource, time out errors...etc.
    • Bundle multiple downloads in one package to increase sells.

[*]Store download files in sub folders under the download directory to improve the file management.

[*]Built-in superior file management interface in admin panel.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4868

Please report bugs/problems/issues in this thread.

Please do NOT pm/email me unless you have something not to be shown in the public.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Excellent idea for a contribution as the previous download contribution wasnt good enough.

Any chance of upgrading this to not charge postage on downloads? Thats the only problem im experiencing in selling downloads.

Thanks in advance.

I don't quite understand your question. Since you assigned a filename to the product attribute, the item in orders should be treated as 'virtual' and skipped all shipping cost on that item. How come you have postage charges on downloads?

This looks interesting... I have downloaded this and will try it out later tonight.

Is the group structure based on a master/slaves style contribution or did you write that yourself?

I'll give feedback when I get a chance. Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Is the group structure based on a master/slaves style contribution or did you write that yourself?

The group file for download is my creation. It replaces the filename assigned in products attributes with the group id and then for the download module to break the assigned file group into multiple files.

The group file for download is my creation. It replaces the filename assigned in products attributes with the group id and then for the download module to break the assigned file group into multiple files.
Have you looked at the master/slaves contribution? Just an idea for you to look at it incase it is worth your while using parts of that to add to this contribution (if anything is needed)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Have you looked at the master/slaves contribution? Just an idea for you to look at it incase it is worth your while using parts of that to add to this contribution (if anything is needed)

The main purpose of the group files for download is that sometimes the download file could be too large for download.

For instance, if the store owner wants to offer a 150mb file for instant download, it was almost impossible before. Now with this contribution, the store owner can break the file into 10 15mb files, or 15 10mb files and then assign them to a file group.

You can easily pack large download file into filename.rar filename.r01 filename.r02 ..... filename.r15 by setting the maximum volume size while packing.

Hello AlexStudio, nice contribution I will install this today but I just had one question regarding shops with downloads.

You know the "Buy now" button it will pull the product to the shopping cart if you remove this statement in application_top.php:

if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
							  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

And that will leave me with

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);

the thing is, it will not get the attribute and Im trying to figure out how to fix this. Do you have any solution on this?

Edited by Dennis_gull

Hello AlexStudio, nice contribution I will install this today but I just had one question regarding shops with downloads.

You know the "Buy now" button it will pull the product to the shopping cart if you remove this statement in application_top.php:

if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

And that will leave me with

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);

the thing is, it will not get the attribute and Im trying to figure out how to fix this. Do you have any solution on this?

I think that your idea is to add the item directly to cart without redirecting customers to the product info page to select an option. Logically this can lead to chaos if you have products with more than 1 option. It can be done by adding some extra code to check how many options the product has, and then only redirect customers to product info page if there are 2 or more options. However, this has nothing to do with Super Download Shop contribution.

Edited by wheeloftime

About this contribution:

I installed everything but I ran the SQL files but I didnt have any new files in the order_status_id, theres just the three original once there.

Shouldnt there be updated and Download Now Available there too?

You need to insert those new orders status first.

ah :rolleyes:

I installed everything now and it works nice, but I was just wondering what purpose "update" has.

I created a group called "movie pack" added three items and then made an order, after I got the downloads I changed the pack "movie pack" to add even more products and then I updated the order but the updated items to the pack didnt show

The "Updated" orders status means to reset the max download days and available download count of an order. It's very handy when the customer's complaining about having difficulty to download or requesting extension of download expiry.

The content of a download order can not be changed once logged in database. You cannot add new files to existing orders like the way you tried. Please check your databse and see how it works in orders_products_download table.

You can easily pack large download file into filename.rar filename.r01 filename.r02 ..... filename.r15 by setting the maximum volume size while packing.
Ok, now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

I think this will only complement sites with downloadable products with large files - thanks for your contribution Alex.

CHOOCH

Ok, now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

I think this will only complement sites with downloadable products with large files - thanks for your contribution Alex.

No. It's far more than what you thought.

This is a contribution I will definitely try.

I have the paypal/downloads controller working on my site (thanks to you Alex!) and am curious how this all works.

I'm in the process of moving to another provider so my main 'concern' will be getting the shop up and running.

If that is working then I'll try out and let you know.

Does it add more then the paypal/downloads controller combo?

btw I have downloads of 130MB (and more in the future) and have experienced no problems with it (nor the customers)

This is a contribution I will definitely try.

I have the paypal/downloads controller working on my site (thanks to you Alex!) and am curious how this all works.

I'm in the process of moving to another provider so my main 'concern' will be getting the shop up and running.

If that is working then I'll try out and let you know.

Does it add more then the paypal/downloads controller combo?

btw I have downloads of 130MB (and more in the future) and have experienced no problems with it (nor the customers)

This new contribution allows you to store downlad files in sub folders. If you utilize the group files for download feature, you don't need to type-in filenames. It will also check if the file exist or not.

The PayPal IPN module is not included in this contribution package.

Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to get this contribution to work with the Paypal ipn module

as it did with the downloads controller?

As I'm in the process of moving providers I'm thinking about creating the webshop from scratch as I have

too many things in it that I don't try anymore and if this super download shop can be combined with paypal ipn

then I may go for this option.

The "Updated" orders status means to reset the max download days and available download count of an order. It's very handy when the customer's complaining about having difficulty to download or requesting extension of download expiry.

The content of a download order can not be changed once logged in database. You cannot add new files to existing orders like the way you tried. Please check your databse and see how it works in orders_products_download table.

GREAT CONTRIBUTION, JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR A YEAR!

My one question is this.

HOW DO I RESET THE DOWNLOADS FOR A CUSTOMER

HOW DO I ASSIGN DIFFERENT FOLDERS FOR THE DOWNLOADS? OR NO NEED JUST MAKE NEW FOLDERS IN THE DIRECTORY?

I previously added reset download count update, but I dont see how to reset the download?

My one question is this.

HOW DO I ASSIGN DIFFERENT FOLDERS FOR THE DOWNLOADS? OR NO NEED JUST MAKE NEW FOLDERS IN THE DIRECTORY?

I previously added reset download count update, but I dont see how to reset the download?

I am also thinking of integrating the SAVE ALL DOWNLOADS AS ZIP FILE to this contribution to allow users toeither download all the files seperate or to download one zip file.

Is this something that everyone would like? What are your thoughts alex?

Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to get this contribution to work with the Paypal ipn module

as it did with the downloads controller?

As I'm in the process of moving providers I'm thinking about creating the webshop from scratch as I have

too many things in it that I don't try anymore and if this super download shop can be combined with paypal ipn

then I may go for this option.

Yes, it should work with any payment module, especially those which can update order status automatically. The officail PayPal IPN module is a good one to start with.

My one question is this.

To reset the download for a customer, please go to admin -> Customers -> Orders and in each order's page, you can find an 'Update' button. Change the order status at the left to "updated", and then click on the Update button.

To store files in different folders, just make new folders UNDER your download directory, that's it.