• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: session_save_path

Evelien

Hi there!

I'm new @ osCommerce. Just tried installing a shop: http://www.kidsenco.nl/shop/

I get 3 errors (all including the sessions.php file) in the catalog as well as in the admintool. I already tried the searchengine, but couldn't find a post that helps me out. :( Can someone tell me where to find the solution? I guess it has something to do with the permission of the files?

Greetings Evelien

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 666 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /home/skeijer/domains/kidsenco.nl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/skeijer/domains/kidsenco.nl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/skeijer/domains/kidsenco.nl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/skeijer/domains/kidsenco.nl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/skeijer/domains/kidsenco.nl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

• 3 weeks later...
The first error causes the others. Go to osC admin --> Configuration --> Sessions and change the session save path to just tmp with no slash before or after tmp.

Vger

Hi I have the same problem and i did as you say !!! Now in the main catalog i have not this error but in the admin I have a new error :

Warning: session_start(): open(tmp/sess_6277a91dd8ca6aa9008dec1a4d06c128, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/www/mysitename.biz/agro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Any idea how to fix it ???? :blink:

Hi I have the same problem and i did as you say !!! Now in the main catalog i have not this error but in the admin I have a new error :

Warning: session_start(): open(tmp/sess_6277a91dd8ca6aa9008dec1a4d06c128, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/www/mysitename.biz/agro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Any idea how to fix it ???? :blink:

OK i fix it I just add in the admin/includes/configuration.php file next line

define('SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY', '/home/www/mysitename.biz/agro/tmp')

And now I'm using a file to store sessions ;)

But can anyone tell me the difference between using store sessions in file or in mysql - what are the difference between them and which is the best to use !!!?????

Archived