• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

want to change order email

Shardx800

Hi. I want to edit what is in the email you get when a customer places an order. ie i want it to show the customers email address and telephone number. Does anyone know how i would go about this?

The email is formatted in the checkout_process.php file. You just need to add that information to the subject of the email but you will need to know php in order to do so.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The email is formatted in the checkout_process.php file. You just need to add that information to the subject of the email but you will need to know php in order to do so.

Jack

Hi, thanx for the reply. Im unfortunately still learning php, so if u have any pointers on how to edit the code, it would be apreciated?

Hi, thanx for the reply. Im unfortunately still learning php, so if u have any pointers on how to edit the code, it would be apreciated?

The email is put together with concatenation - more info here:

http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.string.php

well worth reading up - dead simple once you know what all those = and . are about!

I have a similar modified email which has this code:

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_INFO . "\n" .   
			 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'] . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' . $order->customer['email_address'] . "\n\n";

The constants (in upper case) are defined at language level but if you don't need any text to go with it, you can ignore them. The /n are line breaks and /r are carriage returns.

NB: this is not a working solution for your email but an example from my script which displays name & email address- please amend / play about as needed!

Happy coding! Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

The email is put together with concatenation - more info here:

http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.string.php

well worth reading up - dead simple once you know what all those = and . are about!

I have a similar modified email which has this code:

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_INFO . "\n" .   
			 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'] . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' . $order->customer['email_address'] . "\n\n";

The constants (in upper case) are defined at language level but if you don't need any text to go with it, you can ignore them. The /n are line breaks and /r are carriage returns.

NB: this is not a working solution for your email but an example from my script which displays name & email address- please amend / play about as needed!

Happy coding! Terra

thanx, will give it go!

• 2 years later...

Archived