• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Configuration PHP MAIL

tsvenkat

In my OSC shop, when a user account is created or ORDER is placed, MAILS are NOT triggering. (but the EXTRA Copy of the order EMAIL is being SENT)

WHen COntacted My HOSTS, they have said the below..

------------------------------------------------------------

Due to a number of factors, including Spam and user complaints, our HOSTING PROVIDERS have moved to prevent email being sent from their network that does not contain a valid email sender address.

The most common of these emails is a PHP mail function generated mail that has not has the sender set. Following is the correct useage of the PHP mail() function.

mail("[email protected]", "the subject", $message,

"From: [email protected]", "[email protected]");

In this example, "[email protected] will recieve an email with the subject of "The subject" and a body of the contntents of the php variable "$meassage". The "From: [email protected]" is what the message header will say and the last field, " [email protected]", is setting the from address. JUST setting the "From:" in the header will NOT set the from address for the email. You MUST use this 5th field to set the senders address.

----------------------------

Can someone help me WHere and how to implement the above EMAIL Functionality in OSC.

Rgds

Venkat

Hi

Thats NOT what I asked..

My Q is - where can I HARDCODE the From Email value ?

See, only the new user accounts. new orders are NOT recd by mail. But the SEND EXTRA ORDER COPY is working fine.

So If I could find the code of the same, I can figure out...//

plz help

Hi

Thats NOT what I asked..

My Q is - where can I HARDCODE the From Email value ?

See, only the new user accounts. new orders are NOT recd by mail. But the SEND EXTRA ORDER COPY is working fine.

So If I could find the code of the same, I can figure out...//

plz help

why don't you browse thru your admin options...

Treasurer MFC

Hi

I figured this out.

This:

mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Should become this:

mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers), "[email protected]");

Where "[email protected]" is the address the mail is being sent from.

Thanks !

• 3 years later...

Archived