• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active.

Marvin Miller

Help!

I'm getting this error when I go to the Admin section of my site;

1062 - Duplicate entry 'eb42f6bf29cdf5e63a48237a8e88f8a0' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('eb42f6bf29cdf5e63a48237a8e88f8a0?Action=showupdatepackageform', '1104791302', 'language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";selected_box|s:13:\"configuration\";')

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

It just cropped up all of a sudden. Does anyone know what this means? The site was working perfectly early this morning and as far as I know nothing has changed since then.

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

From my limited understanding it seems that for some reason areas of the osCommerce Admin section are attempting to create a new session with the same GUID.

Then, when the db sees that the key constraint disallows it because you can't have two people with the same session id - makes sense.

The question is, why is this error ocurring?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Interesting.....

When this error occurs I can run my mouse up the left side of the osCommerce admin screen (over all the admin options in the main menu) and at the bottom of my web browser the status bar shows basically the same web address.

For some reason my web browser 'thinks' the links are all mostly the same and is sending the same command over and over to the db causing the error.

What the heck would cause that? I tried clearing the cache and doing a forced refresh with a control F5. I also removed any reference to a Proxy server from my IE settings to eliminate potentially stale cache.

What the Heck? :-"

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

If you are doing so, then stop storing sessions in tmp files. Change the last line of both configure.php files to:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Also, turn off any Cache features.

If you are storing sessions in the database then you'll need to access the database via phpMyAdmin and delete the active session.

Vger

Hi Vger;

Thanks for the reply :D

I checked both configure files and sessions for both are set to use MySql. I then turned off caching, closed all browsers and went into MySql and deleted all sessions.

I then went back into my admin - same thing!

This is very peculiar and very sudden. What the heck could be causing it?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

This is what the parse_time_log looks like;

03/01/2005 16:22:25 [0.055s] /~frostysa/catalog/admin/stats_products_viewed.php?selected_box=reports&osCAdminID=5df8032d2e90d83bad9adf6dd681315e?Action=showconfirmdeletepackageform?Action=shownewpackageform

03/01/2005 16:22:59 [0.046s] /~frostysa/catalog/admin/backup.php?selected_box=tools&osCAdminID=5df8032d2e90d83bad9adf6dd681315e?Action=showconfirmdeletepackageform?Action=shownewpackageform

03/01/2005 16:23:02 [0.051s] /~frostysa/catalog/admin/packaging.php?osCAdminID=5df8032d2e90d83bad9adf6dd681315e?Action=showconfirmdeletepackageform?Action=shownewpackageform

That log is of me clicking on several different links in the main menu of the Admin - wierd! :rolleyes:

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

It's still doing it - even after clearing the browser's cache, turning off caching in osC admin and ensuring the proxy server is not being used.

I'm going to try tossing my cookies :x and see if that makes a difference...

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

OK, no cookies in my browser, no caching set in oscAdmin, manually delete all sessions from the db, delete all cookies related to my site, and then open a new browser and log-in to the oscAdmin.

Checking the users on line shows none (because I deleted all the sessions in the db) and then clicking on my packaging link (part of the UPS XML contribution) in the admin of osC causes the error to come up again.

What's really wierd is that this has been working perfectly for a long time.

It might be better if I post the issue over in the support forum for that contribution unless you are aware of something else that is causing it. Upon further inspection, the error only starts when I click on that page of the admin and then it continues to cause grief everywhere else ;)

Thanks for your help Vger. It's appreciated!

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

I think I got it straightened out :D

In my admin/configure.php I had this line;

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https:host212.ipowerweb.com');

I changed it to;

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.frostysac.com');

And now everything works perfectly. Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup:

Best & Thanks;
Marvin