All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ecartz

HoneyPot Captcha

What core changes did you make? As best I can see, the create_account link typically appears in content modules. You can already disable those in admin without core changes. I strongly suspect that there is a way to do at least most of this without core changes now. The thing that I might change, possibly not as part of my current project, would be to change what pages redirect to the login page. That would make it easier to install a purchase without account App. I.e. I'm thinking about moving the block of code that says // if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { $navigation->set_snapshot(); tep_redirect(tep_href_link('login.php', '', 'SSL')); } into a hook file. I'm pretty sure that existing hook calls can be used.
  3. Today
  4. JcMagpie

Weekly sales reporting in admin help needed

Updated with @YePix fix, Also works better if you put the images in corect place đŸ™„, sales-report-hook-zi-2.zip
  5. ecartz

HoneyPot Captcha

Yes. The relevant line from install/oscommerce.sql is INSERT INTO countries VALUES (222,'United Kingdom','GB','GBR','1'); That would have to be changed to make UK work as the key.
  6. Mikepo

HoneyPot Captcha

@mhsuffolk I've just installed v1.8. All ok here. I'm adding the UK/GB postcode check too. Seems to ok too!
  7. YePix

and change in classes/sales_report.php ot.class = 'ot_subtotal' to ot.class = 'ot_total'
  8. JcMagpie

This is one that I updated to get rid of core changes it's one of @BrockleyJohn originaly. Just copy all files over and it should just show up in the admin side. I personaly don't use it so not sure if it's what your looking for. sales-report-hook-zi.zip
  9. mhsuffolk

HoneyPot Captcha

Using v1.8 In my Phoenix test shop, Frozen live shop and Frozen back up test site I am getting the following behaviour. 1. Install module and all basic settings including pages create account, contact us and tell a friend appear in admin 2. Edit module to alter various settings e.g.check account, disallow letters and numbers etc 3. Save module. The settings have been retained but the list of enabled pages is empty. 4. Checked in the database and the relevant field is empty. 5. Uninstall module 6. Reinstall module and the pages reappear. 7. Edit module, save it and the pages have gone again. I have worked round it by adding the pages manually in the relevant field in phpmyadmin
  10. Does anyone know of a good admin report that will show total sales on a weekly basis. My new accountant wants weekly reports if possible when I only have monthly. I have tried several addons but so far no found anything suitable. I am currently using Detailed Monthly Sales Report which has all the information needed for monthly, which is great. When the month is clicked a new page opens with totals which show order number, customer name, date, order sub total, shipping total, tax total and order total. There is a printer friendly button which allows printing of the information which is what is needed. That would all be fine if they wanted monthly but they insist on having weekly sheets printed. The addon is here https://apps.oscommerce.com/QVI4T&detailed-monthly-sales. Any help appreciated.
  11. mhsuffolk

HoneyPot Captcha

Looks good, but for OSC should UK be GB
  12. Jack_mcs

HoneyPot Captcha

@tonymazzThanks for posting that. It looks useful.
  13. tonymazz

HoneyPot Captcha

I found this snippet: https://gist.github.com/digvijay1985/b8015b58000acb27d663 for post code formats <?php $country_code="US"; $zip_postal="11111"; $ZIPREG=array( "US"=>"^\d{5}([\-]?\d{4})?$", "UK"=>"^(GIR|[A-Z]\d[A-Z\d]??|[A-Z]{2}\d[A-Z\d]??)[ ]??(\d[A-Z]{2})$", "DE"=>"\b((?:0[1-46-9]\d{3})|(?:[1-357-9]\d{4})|(?:[4][0-24-9]\d{3})|(?:[6][013-9]\d{3}))\b", "CA"=>"^([ABCEGHJKLMNPRSTVXY]\d[ABCEGHJKLMNPRSTVWXYZ])\ {0,1}(\d[ABCEGHJKLMNPRSTVWXYZ]\d)$", "FR"=>"^(F-)?((2[A|B])|[0-9]{2})[0-9]{3}$", "IT"=>"^(V-|I-)?[0-9]{5}$", "AU"=>"^(0[289][0-9]{2})|([1345689][0-9]{3})|(2[0-8][0-9]{2})|(290[0-9])|(291[0-4])|(7[0-4][0-9]{2})|(7[8-9][0-9]{2})$", "NL"=>"^[1-9][0-9]{3}\s?([a-zA-Z]{2})?$", "ES"=>"^([1-9]{2}|[0-9][1-9]|[1-9][0-9])[0-9]{3}$", "DK"=>"^([D-d][K-k])?( |-)?[1-9]{1}[0-9]{3}$", "SE"=>"^(s-|S-){0,1}[0-9]{3}\s?[0-9]{2}$", "BE"=>"^[1-9]{1}[0-9]{3}$" ); if ($ZIPREG[$country_code]) { if (!preg_match("/".$ZIPREG[$country_code]."/i",$zip_postal)){ //Validation failed, provided zip/postal code is not valid. } else { //Validation passed, provided zip/postal code is valid. } } else { //Validation not available } ?>
  14. A simple add-on that allows you to place the Google translate widget into the navbar on your site. Your customers can now translate your website with a simple click on one of the languages in the drop down list. It’s a simple no core change add-on so just copy files over go to admin and install and set up. That’s it enjoy. Has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0 only.

image.png.4cbbba71adb7c0f7e04913d26533a8c7.png

15. JcM NavBar Google Translate V1.0 Phoenix A simple add-on that allows you to place the Google translate widget into the navbar on your site. Your customers can now translate your website with a simple click on one of the languages in the drop down list. It’s a simple no core change add-on so just copy files over go to admin and install and set up. That’s it enjoy. Has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0 only.
  16. Dan Cole

HoneyPot Captcha

I thought that was an excellent suggestion too. I think Matt @ecartz is doing some work in this area and while it might be beyond the scope of his project it is probably worth bringing it to his attention. Which I guess I just did. Dan
  17. JcMagpie

HoneyPot Captcha

A good solution , go one step more and add guest checkout, this way no need to make account at all for those that object.
  18. milerwan

adding to specials and whats new boxes

@multimixer is true, you need to add a new field in the products TABLE to increment product specifics... There is no other way to make it.
  19. tonymazz

HoneyPot Captcha

I appreciate all of the input and no, I have not tried recaptha 3 yet. I will give that a try on one of our sites. As to the clients complaints, I do not get it either. Although there have been times that I have become frustrated with ReCaptch when I have to pick 3 images that match a topic like traffic lights, storefronts etc. The end result is that I realize it is for security and get on with it. It seems people are spoiled with instant purchases (ie PayPal, Amazon, eBay etc). I even have had a lot of clients complain about making up a password and then retyping it in, which is why we now send them a random password in the Welcome email. And yes, I do think some logic on Post Code format, as well as country/state mismatch, is a good idea for many reasons. I found these postal code patterns in HTML5 -- http://html5pattern.com/Postal_Codes to offer some initial guidance. I did mitigate this issue (for now) after the dialogue yesterday gave me an idea. Since we really do not want or need signups until a purchase or quotation is made, I removed "create_account" from all of the pages as well as the login page. Renamed the "create_account" (changed it in filenames) and now it is only offered once something is in the cart and they hit "Checkout". Perhaps this should be an option for future versions, to deploy without core code changes? A hook that would show create account (and on which pages) or not. Thanks again all!
  20. raiwa

[CONTRIBUTION] Sloppy Words Cleaner

Uploaded update: Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.2.2 Changes versus Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.2.1 - fixed postcode to all uppercase . Thanks to @Mitch70
  21. burt

HoneyPot Captcha

Sure it can. Easy as 123.
  22. JcMagpie

HoneyPot Captcha

Then you have not applied it correctly. 1) It will stop 99% of all fake accounts made by bot's ( nothing can stop human factory fake accounts) 2) Have installed on about 20 sites that were getting fake account problem has stoped on all sites. So yes it does work. 3) Your customers complain about you keeping them safe ( stupid cutomers no?) Also you can change recpatcha so customer is not required to do anything ( invisable cpatcha) simply pick the one you are happy to work with.
  23. ecartz

HoneyPot Captcha

You could compare a few things though. In this example: the country is Australia. I don't believe that Australia has a state named Alabama (the US does have a state by that name). I suspect that the postal code is not valid for Australia. There are probably rules that an Australian could explain. Wikipedia suggests that in Australia, all post codes are three or four digits. In the United States, all zip codes are either five numbers or five numbers followed by a hyphen followed by four more numbers. So for a US zip code, you could check that the first five characters are numbers and the sixth character was a hyphen followed by digits in seven through ten. I'm guessing that an Australian could provide similar rules there. Perhaps add a postal code format regular expression to the countries table. It could be '{.*}' by default but something like '{\A\d{5}(?:-\d{4})\z}' for the US and '{\d{3,4}}' for Australia (none tested). Given how lazy spammers are, just filling in about ten formats should cover most of what they'll attempt: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, and United States. Perhaps later you might add Brazil, China, India, and Japan. Like in the US, single country stores are probably common in those places. And single country stores can more easily give the format used in their country.
  24. BrockleyJohn

HoneyPot Captcha

v3 does, though, and real people almost never see it. If you can live with having a logo somewhere on each page (not necessarily the floating in-your-face one) it's definitely worth considering.
  25. Xeretha

adding to specials and whats new boxes

I had a similar problem in the plugin. It was necessary to change the line and I did not understand which one and how.
  26. Nothing is working. The problem derives, I believe, from the mixture of bootstrap components. I think it is going to be more time efficient and ultimately more reliable to join you all in Bootstrap 4. Yuck. Thanks for your help.
  27. Jack_mcs

HoneyPot Captcha

@tonymazzRegarding the account details you posted, unfortunately, there isn't anything shown there that would allow the code to identify it as a fake account. While a person can look at it and see that it is fake, from a coding point of view, it is legitimate since it has valid entries for an account. I suppose a check could be added to see if the street address contained number and letters, or if just letters (which can happen) that it be at least two words. But that might be chasing a never ending list of possibilities. Another check could be to see if the state and country match. Those details are in the database so it would not be difficult to check them. I will plan on adding this as an option. Another check could be the post code. According to Wikipedia, the postal code of all countries that use one has at least one number in it. I will plan on adding this as an option. You don't mention if you are using the IP List option. If not, you should be. And make sure to set up a cron job for it or the list won't be useful. If you can identify some common letters that are not normally used, you can include those in the bad words option. For example, the suburb has an entry ending in "vxqd". I can't imagine word from any country using that. The entries in the fields are probably just randomly created so adding words like this may not help, or only a little, unless you are seeing them used over and over. As for sending emails, be sure you have the options set to block email addresses and url's in the forms. Depending on your version of oscommerce, there might be a setting to limit how often emails can be sent. By raising that number to something higher, like 30 minutes, it might make it difficult for the spammers to send out large numbers of emails. That's all I can offer on this sort of problem. If you, anyone, can see something else that should be checked, please post it here.
  1. Load more activity