All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. supercheaphobb

Quick Product Updates for osc 2.3+

A couple of questions - using Frozen CE BS Can the price field be changed to use and modify the Products Price (Gross): instead of Products Price (Net): <- as it is know we have to use a calc to work out the ex gst price each time I have update the date layout in includes/languages/english.php and admin/includes/languages/english.php but the special section still wants 0000-00-00 <- needs to be dd-mm-yyyy Many thanks
  3. Today
  4. supercheaphobb

Modifying the create account page - Frozen BS

@peterbuzzin A very big thank you for taking the time to answer each question and spelling out exactly what needs to be done. I am still learning coding etc and having replies like this makes it so much easier to learn and understand how it all works. .
  5. Dan Cole

Question for Ambassadors

Hi Pete and welcome to the forums. It is nice to see more developers actively posting here. To answer your question and for what it's worth, there were 15 requests for commercial support since the beginning of the year. Not a lot but on the other hand there is not a lot of competition either. Dan
  6. Yesterday
  7. RamonaKirby

How do I rename condtion of use

What conditions are you looking about here?
  8. Thank you again, @MrPhil for your answer 🙂
  9. Perform a reverse blacklist list search (type that into Google and you'll get loads to test on) using the IP address your site is hosted on. We ripped out the newsletter functionality from our osC installs years ago. It wasn't a bad idea 10+ years ago but it's way to easy to get blacklisted now. Recipients are fickle and lazy and they'll mark any email they don't like as spam. Also they're non-compliant, at least the stock osC on the homepage isn't. It doesn't offer an unsubscribe link in the email. Use mailchimp, it's free for up-to 2500 recipients I think and rules out the possibility of being blacklisted. Full mailchimp integration is a module (already have it running on several stores) I'm planning on releasing if I do decide to become an ambassador.
  10. peterbuzzin

Question for Ambassadors

I'm considering being an ambassador, I like some of the features it provides. One thing that did take my interest is the commercial enquiries but wondering how many it actually receives considering that osCommerce although well known is very much behind the competition these days/almost dead. Thanks
  11. Looking to move this either into the header a full 12 columns wide Or prefer to it act as the index_products and display inline with the left column. Currently the beadcrumb trail, then the left column and then below is the featured products. Have changed this value to numerous settings <div id="i_featured_products_carousel" class="col-sm-8"> Have tried using css to achieve the display but to no avail. Guessing I am not using the proper code to push it to where I want.
  12. MrPhil

Admin password reset

Then you're talking about the password-protection on your admin directory? It would be best to back out the .htaccess changes that invoke the password protection, and use your host's control panel function to "password protect a directory". Note that the osC Security Check page will complain that there is no password protection, but so long as you have to enter an extra ID and password before you can sign in, it's working. Possibly there is a way to directly change (or force a change in) the password in the .htpasswd file with your hosting control panel file editor, but I've never tried that. You might look in the files and see if there's anything that looks like a password you recall. I would hope that it stores the password in a hashed form (encrypted), but then you won't be able to recover it by looking in the file. You may be able to delete the hashed password and have it ask for a new one when you sign on for the first time. If you emptied your administrators table, you will also have to create a password for that login. By the way, osC 2.3.1 is absolutely ancient. It is going to fall over dead as soon as your host upgrades to PHP 7. You should be thinking about migrating to "Frozen".
  13. Or maybe it's easier to combine checkout payment and Confirm order pages ? And would it brake external payment modules like paypal then ?
  14. I use oscommerce 2.3.4.1 CE Bootstrap versionen. Is it possible to combine checkout shipping and checkout payment into 1 instead of 2 pages ?
  15. MrPhil

RE: "where is the text that says..."
  16. MrPhil

Call to undefined method error - Please help

Blindly renaming class function names to __construct may cause problems. See the discussion in In some cases you may need to leave class function name and build either a dummy __construct or one that calls class function name. You could get a copy of Frozen and look at the class code to see what was done there. If this is just a temporary bridge until you can get onto Frozen (or even Edge), you might want to consider simply suppressing "deprecated" warnings. There's plenty of discussion on this forum. It's not a permanent fix, as eventually something will be removed from PHP and cause serious errors, but it could tide you over until you have an up-to-date osC running (2.3.4 is quite long of tooth).
  17. peterbuzzin

Call to undefined method error - Please help

messageStack extends alertblock, make sure that's at the top of your class i.e. class messageStack extends alertBlock { Then make sure includes/classes/alertbox.php is being included in application_top.php i.e. require('includes/classes/alertbox.php'); require('includes/classes/message_stack.php'); $messageStack = new messageStack;
  18. peterbuzzin

1. I want to remove the fax number In create_account.php find (approx line 465) <div class="form-group row"> <label for="inputFax" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER; ?></label> <div class="col-sm-9"> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('fax', '', 'id="inputFax" placeholder="' . ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER_TEXT . '"', 'tel'); ?> </div> </div Replace with: <!-- <div class="form-group row"> <label for="inputFax" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER; ?></label> <div class="col-sm-9"> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('fax', '', 'id="inputFax" placeholder="' . ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER_TEXT . '"', 'tel'); ?> </div> </div --> 2. remove the word Province from State/Province In includes/languages/english.php (approx line 111) Find: define('ENTRY_STATE', 'State/Province'); Replace with: define('ENTRY_STATE', 'State'); 3 & 4 Remove City and make Suburb a required entry / or rename City to Suburb and remove what was suburb I'd recommend disabling Suburb and renaming City to Suburb as there's less work involved but this may cause a problem later on if you decide you wish to use the actual suburb field at some point as you'll have existing addresses where the suburb is in the city field and empty suburb fields. But if it wont be an issue then see below. In Admin > Configuration > Customer Details. Edit the suburb entry and change it to false. Then back in includes/languages/english.php (approx line 107) find: define('ENTRY_CITY', 'City'); define('ENTRY_CITY_ERROR', 'Your City must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_CITY_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.'); And replace with: // BOF start of change from city to suburb due to disabling suburb field define('ENTRY_CITY', 'Suburb'); //was previously City define('ENTRY_CITY_ERROR', 'Your Suburb must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_CITY_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.'); // was previously Your City... // EOF start of change from city to suburb due to disabling suburb field 5. In the company name field is there away to have the word "Optional" in there <- some people seem to thing every field needs to be filled in (not really an issue) Still in includes/languages/english.php Find (approx line 81): define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', ''); And replace with: define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '(Optional)'); Also while I am here Date format, Please let me know all the places that need to be changed so date is in dd/mm/yyyy etc Still in includes/languages/english.php Find (approx line 21): define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date() define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S'); define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'mm/dd/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate Replace with: define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d/%m/%Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT', 'd/m/Y'); // this is used for date() define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S'); define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'dd/mm/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate You'll also need to mirror this in admin Find in admin/includes/languages/english.php (approx line 20): define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date() define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date() define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S'); define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', ''); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'mm/dd/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate Replace with: define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d/%m/%Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime() define('DATE_FORMAT', 'd/m/Y'); // this is used for date() define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'd/m/Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date() define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S'); define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', ''); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'dd/mm/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate
  19. Hotclutch

Domain change, SEO and new oscommerce site version

If you have any external links of value you will need to keep the old domain (as a parked domain) indefinitely. Otherwise you just need to wait for Google to crawl out the old site completely, this could take a few months to few years - this is because Google attaches a low priority to old junk URLs such as 404s and will only crawl these once a year or less. ^^ With that said, you might want to consider using a redirect at all. If you don't have much of a SEO position to protect, then this is a good opportunity to get rid of these old junk URLs like 404s, because with the redirect in place these will also be transferred.
  20. peterbuzzin

Lofoff button disappeared

Admin or store user/customer account?
  21. peterbuzzin

Domain change, SEO and new oscommerce site version

Domain registrations are fairly cheap, if you're not bothered by the cost and there's no bad back-link SEO associated with the old domain then leave it running indefinitely. That way if you have any back-links associated with the old domain such as in forum posts etc then they'll still be active/valid instead of 404s and you may get the odd order from it. Although MrPhil has mentioned about old site/new site, you haven't actually said there is a new site just an old domain and a new domain so I'm assuming the new domain will point to the existing site (until you have completed a build with a new version of osC Frozen/Edge etc that you did mention). So just set the new domain as primary (update your includes/configurare.php files in root and admin to the new domain), set the old domain as an alias and 301 redirect all traffic from the old domain to the new in .htaccess.
  22. pantarra

Admin password reset

im using osc 2.31 it uses htaccess files
  23. Hi all, you will most likely get sick of all my posts soon. As guessed I am setting up a new install So the user side create account page and most likely any of the address pages I can't find which file to edited I want to remove the fax number remove the word Province from State/Province Remove City and make Suburb a required entry or rename City to Suburb and remove what was suburb In the company name field is there away to have the word "Optional" in there <- some people seem to thing every field needs to be filled in (not really an issue) Also while I am here Date format, Please let me know all the places that need to be changed so date is in dd/mm/yyyy etc
  24. burt

Editing Footer Links...

In quite recent (Edge, BS4) I changed the links system to make it easier - so you can now amend one file to add in a new link; https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_information_links.php#L22-L27 this auto-updates the list that shows in the footer area by simply adding another item to the CONST array In older versions (Frozen, Gold etc) you need to amend two files https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/2341-Frozen/includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_information_links.php#L22 add lng define in this file https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/2341-Frozen/includes/modules/content/footer/templates/tpl_cm_footer_information_links.php#L8 add list item here
  25. pantarra

Admin password reset

I tied that it didn't work I have a htppassword_oscomm in admin folder
  26. it is working completely fine with sandbox credential.. but getting error 'security header is not valid' with live credentials.
  27. MrPhil

Editing Footer Links...

Text such as "Conditions of Use" will normally be found in one of the "language" directory files. Rather than searching through them manually, use a tool such as findstr (Windows) or grep (Linux) to search all your .php files for the string "Conditions of Use". Then just edit the file that came up. Don't forget the /s or -S flag to search all subdirectories below the top one. This way you never have to ask again "where do I find such-and-such string?". Give a man a fish... Adding a new link means finding the code that outputs to the appropriate section of the screen, and modifying it. You of course need to be fairly able in HTML and PHP (don't use a WYSIWYG page editor to do this -- it will mess up the code).
  28. Jack_mcs

Upgrading to the latest version

1 - It's difficult to say how to best approach this because it varies with the database. But, usually, I think just copying the customers, orders and address book tables is enough for most sites. The only differences in those tables are usually the collation, which can be fixed afterwards, and the index key. The key is important for speed. If the conversion script mentioned keeps that then it should work. 2 - The easiest way to be sure products are handled correctly, short of properly converting the database, is to install Easy Populate into both shops. Then download the products from the old shop and upload them to the new one. 3 - Correct. There are many programs on the web that will help with this. MySQL Workbench is free. I haven't used it in a long time but it used to work very well and I think it has probably improved since then. You may want to look at these, and others: MySQL Workbench https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/ Compare two databases: https://adamspiers.org/computing/mysqldiff/
  1. Load more activity