• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. how many products? how much specialization was done?
  3. Hello all. With the help of a developer at the time, my dad created a website making use of oscommerce v2 rc2 (in 2008). In the meantime, the developer who created it has left and no updates were done. What I am trying to do now is to migrate it to the most recent oscommerce version. What I wanted to know is what would be the best approach to do so. I am now familiar with oscommerce (or PHP), but I am a developer. Is the best solution to just start from scratch and import the databases so that data is not lost? Or is there any type of migration tool that facilitates this process? Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Nil
  4. Thanks - I hadn't changed the header type - will give that a try and see what happens!
  5. Hello, A 400 Bad Request error when switching from a GET to a POST request usually indicates that there’s an issue with the way the data is being sent or received. Here are a few things you can check and try: Content-Type Header: Ensure that you’re setting the Content-Type header to application/x-www-form-urlencoded or application/json, depending on how you’re encoding your data. Data Serialization: If you’re sending JSON data, make sure to stringify your JSON object before sending it. For example: data: JSON.stringify(yourDataObject) Request Payload: Verify that the data you’re sending in the POST request matches the expected format of the server endpoint. If there’s a mismatch, the server might reject the request. Server-Side Handling: Check the server-side code (GetWidgetController) to ensure it’s correctly configured to handle POST requests and that it’s not expecting parameters only from the query string. Error Handling: Implement error handling on the server side to provide more informative error messages. This can help you pinpoint the exact cause of the issue. Debugging Tools: Use network debugging tools to inspect the HTTP request and response. Tools like Postman or browser developer tools can show you the headers, payload, and response body which can be very helpful. Here’s a sample AJAX POST request for reference: $.ajax({ type: 'POST', url: 'yourEndpoint', data: JSON.stringify({ comment: 'Your comment here' }), contentType: 'application/json', success: function(response) { // Handle success }, error: function(xhr, status, error) { // Handle error } }); Remember to replace 'yourEndpoint' with your actual endpoint and the data object with your actual data to be sent.
  6. Discover how to elevate your product offerings with the Zero Price module. Our comprehensive guide walks you through installation, configuration, and implementation, enabling you to seamlessly replace zero prices with "Free" on your website.
  7. Update - Worked out that the open_ssl is part of the yii security aspect as mentioned in the comments in the code below. If I comment out this code from the php_check.class.php then I successfully go to step 2. (I am not going to try and continue with step 2 until I can try and fix this issue.) openssl' => array( // needed in Yii: lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Security.php:251 'required' => $this->lang['yes'], 'installed' => (extension_loaded('openssl')) ? $this->lang['yes'] : $this->lang['no'], 'passfail' => (extension_loaded('openssl')) ? true : false, 'fail_link' => 'https://www.oscommerce.com/wiki/Pre-installation_Check_-_Openssl I have open_ssl extension enabled in php.ini So can anyone provide info on things to check.
  8. Last week
  9. Hello everyone, I currently have an online store built with Bootstrap and I am considering migrating it to osCommerce. My main concern is to maintain the existing SEO optimization and the URL structure during and after the migration. I have read that platform migrations can negatively affect SEO ranking and URL structure if not handled correctly. Could anyone provide me with a detailed guide or best practices to carry out this migration efficiently without affecting SEO optimization and URL structure? Are there tools or plugins within osCommerce that can facilitate this process? I appreciate in advance any help or suggestion you can provide. Thank you! Tienda de Zapatos Mujer y Hombre | Zapateria de Mujer y Hombre
  10. Having done some more research I believe the issue I was having could have been a permissions thing. The code (UPDATE platforms....) I attached was from the inst_settings_class.php file which possibly was connecting to the oscommerce database using a mysql user with not enough permissions. But what I mistakenly decided to do beforehand was to redo the install fresh but now I have another issue in the installation. After step 1 going to step 2 I have the following error. PHP Warning: Undefined array key "module_openssl" in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\install\install_steps\php_check.class.php on line 178 Hoping someone can help on this one :-)
  11. Okay so using an update for account system from the team, the Order History Info is now stacking great in mobile view - SOLVED! The Order History overlap has improved slightly in mobile but still some overlap. I hope this can be fixed too. Great so far ...
  12. This functionality is now fully working in the updated Customer Modules. Lorraine
  13. Okay, So the new Customer Modules 1.0.1 works great! I updated, uninstalled, reinstalled then cleared the cache. The great thing about this is that if you override the Payment Options and don't select a payment it does not allow checkout, which is ideal. Great module, working as expected. Lorraine
  14. Is there anyone who can help me with this? I would love your guidance. Thanks!
  15. @lampinoSome old addons can be found here. You can get updated versions here. The latter has a version that should work with your shop.
  16. Hi, I need to amend the left hand menu on the account page. When I try to look at any of the account pages in the designer, they just show as empty pages. when I look in the design boxes temp the data is in there : and in settings: So is there a way to get the data account pages to show up in the designer? and where is account-menu options held? I can't find it in the menu section - there is just account and account box. Is it in the database or a php file? Really need an answer to this one quickly! Thanks Steve
  17. Hi, probably just a typo but the text is in a H3 not a H2, also if it was possibly I would just put a unique class on the H2/3 and set the before on that. Thanks Steve
  18. Hi, Have you tried adding a css entry for the image to set it's width to 100%? As long as the container sizes are fixed you should then get a standard image size. Thanks Steve
  19. Sorry for the late reply not sure if this will help but there are two tables : design_boxes design_boxes_tmp I think what you see in the designer comes from the design_boxes_tmp version but live site uses design_boxes. I think they are moved over when you click save. It might be worth checking that they are set up the same in both tables. Hope that helps Thanks Steve
  20. Learn how to streamline VAT management with our comprehensive guide to mastering the VAT on order module. From installation to customization, automate VAT determination seamlessly for compliance and financial accuracy.
  21. Hi I seem to be getting stuck on the database settings when installing oscommerce on my home pc. An error occurs as follows after I enter the mandatory fields - Error. Can't update database settings: Unknown column 'platform_owner' in 'field list' This is the error in the settings page - UPDATE platforms SET platform_owner=’oscommerce’, platform_name=’oscommerce’, platform_url=’localhost’, ssl_enabled=’0’, platform_email_address =’[email protected]’, platform_email_from=’[email protected]’, platform_email_extra=’’, platform_telephone=’’, platform_landline=’’ WHERE platform_id=1; The previous step, database access, seems to be ok Success. The database was checked. It found no errors or conflicts. The installation can be continued safely. Assuming I am doing as required. It mentions to create an empty database (oscommerce), with username and password that can access the database (oscommerce) The database was created in phpmyadmin in mysql. Using IIS. Can you please help.
  22. looking better the version I was looking for was 2.76D MS2 (still having osCommerce 2.2-MS2 with PHP Version 4.4.9). I have kept the sources of all the contributions installed but I have no longer been able to find the sources for those that I had not posted in his time.
  23. Good morning everyone, I am a long-time osc user and I no longer find the possibility of downloading the modules for previous versions such as: "Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2". Does anyone have a direct link where I can find it? Thanks anyway for your attention
  24. I apologize for missing that but I rarely look at subjects since so few apply to the actual subject, in my experience. It's the same thing. I don't know what parts of the code deal with the specials issue off the top of my head. So to do what you want, I would install the addon in a test shop, find the problem code, apply the change and test it. The end fix will probably just be a few lines of code. Finding that code and testing it could take hours. So doing what you want would not save you much in the final cost. I don't know how long that will take so I can't accurately quote it. If you want it done for $20 under the code of the Pro package, I will do that, though it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.
  25. You're looking at it backwards. If i am coding an addon for a 2.2 shop, I would code it using php for that version - 5.3, maybe 5.4. To try to code it for some future version of php is just asking for problems. The parts you mention are compatible, but some other function may not be. So, I would need to create two versions: one for the intended shops and one for those like you, assuming I used code that was not compatible between the various versions. Since my imaginary addon is being written for free, why should I go to so much effort to cover cases where the shops code has been altered? Look at just about any old addon and the instructions will mention that the changes are for a stock shop. This is no different.
  26. Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience. We are in the process of resigning the partner agreement with Klarna since we recently released the new osCommerce version 4.x and the previous agreement was based on the old osCommerce versions. In the meantime while signing up for the Klarna's account in order to get the required keys for your Klarna module, please choose the custom solution option since the osCommerce platform is not available there yet. After that choose the required Klarna solution, obtain the keys and fill them in in your osCommerce Klarna module. Best regards, Ivan
  27. Yes. Despite all checkboxes (categories enabled and display on home page) being ticked. I found that if I import the categories first, and then import the products, it works, however as soon as I save the categories in the menu section, all categories are gone again except for one. Tried two different servers (both php 8, one local, one of our provider). Tried manually creating categories, same thing. For evaluation, I am now proceeding with my workaround, but this looks like a bug to me. Kind regards, Chris
  1. Load more activity