Latest News: (loading..)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jack_mcs

seo

Backlinks can help with SEO but they must be relevant or they can hurt the ranking. But they are by no means the only factor and sites can rank well without them.
  3. Yesterday
  4. shery19

Hack attempt - is there a way to prevent this?

If you often visit unknown sites, I recommend then to use a VPN software for your security, because your private data can be stolen in any moment.
  5. shery19

seo

Probably spam. But I'll answer by my own that SEO without backlinks doesn't bring any result at all.
  6. shery19

SEO Assistant

Header tags SEO is worth for attention. Really good software.
  7. Thank you! I'll try them.
  8. shery19

Multilanguage site and url rewrite

Probably will be better to hire professional translators for this.
  9. Portman

Help Updating Module

thanks @raiwa... just slightly embarrassed
  10. @coelroy Can you tell us specifically what it is about hooks that you don't like? Do you see any security concerns in using them? Or, is it something else? Other than 'just a preference', that is. M
  11. Much better idea. Thank you for bringing this up. My short words was on 1, which i changed to 2. As far as the character conversion, I see it is Case SeNSitive. So we would need to have (By=>, BY=>, by=> ) to make sure it serves the purpose. Thanks.
  12. You could use the short word filter and set it to 2: Filter Short Words This setting will filter words less than or equal to the value from the URL. or use the character conversion list: Enter special character conversions This setting will convert characters. The format MUST be in the form: char=>conv,char2=>conv2 This allows to remove concrete expressions like: by=>[leave empty] Don't forget to reset the SEO cache after changing any of these settings 😉
  13. If there are no other reasons why we shouldn't, maybe within function get_product_name($pID){ right after line: $pName = $this->strip( $result['pName'] ); we can add something like: $pName = str_replace("-p-", "-", $pName); $pName = str_replace("-c-", "-", $pName); $pName = str_replace("-m-", "-", $pName); $pName = str_replace("-pi-", "-", $pName); $pName = str_replace("-by-", "-", $pName); ...... $pName = str_replace("-fra-", "-", $pName); $pName = str_replace("-i-", "-", $pName); $pName = str_replace("-links-", "-", $pName); ................ which would remove the phrases that have no SEO benefits yet may interfere with the SEO functionality. Thanks!
  14. I saw the RewriteRules (-by-, -au-, -links-, etc.) in the .htaccess file. Wouldn't it be a better idea to check for these key-phrases within the product name and remove them before the SEO link is generated? I took a quick look and couldn't find the code where the str_replace(" ", "-",... command is executed for product names. if you can point it out to me that would be helpful. Thanks!
  15. That makes sense and I was guessing that it has to be a kind of a key phrase. Then I guess I would simply get rid of it. Thanks.
  16. For a real store, especially with an exclusive product, the information content module is very important. An important role is played by the Article Manager, but it has not been updated for a long time and is not very well connected with the content of goods. A blog is a convenient and good solution.
  17. Hi, Already set up a Frozen store to compare both. Think i wil find the solution in there. Thanks for your time and work !!
  18. raiwa

Help Updating Module

In function keys there is the comma missing after sort order constant
  19. Hi everyone, I have installed the Modular Checkout pages addon so that I can add a modal info box to the products section of checkout_confirmation.... I have go it to work.... sort of ish... I include below my Modified includes/modules/content/checkout_confirmation/cm_cc_products.php file ... <?php /* $Id$ Modular Checkout by @raiwa info@oscaddons.com www.oscaddons.com osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright (c) 2018 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License */ class cm_cc_products { var $code; var $group; var $title; var $description; var $sort_order; var $enabled = false; function __construct() { $this->code = get_class($this); $this->group = basename(dirname(__FILE__)); $this->title = MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_TITLE; $this->description = MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; $this->description .= '<div class="secWarning">' . MODULE_CONTENT_BOOTSTRAP_ROW_DESCRIPTION . '</div>'; if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_STATUS') ) { $this->sort_order = MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_SORT_ORDER; $this->enabled = (MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_STATUS == 'True'); } } function execute() { global $oscTemplate, $order, $currencies, $order_total_modules; $content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_WIDTH; ob_start(); include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__)); $template = ob_get_clean(); $oscTemplate->addContent($template, $this->group); } function isEnabled() { return $this->enabled; } function check() { return defined('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_STATUS'); } function install() { tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Products information', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_STATUS', 'True', 'Should this module be shown on the checkout confirmation page?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())"); tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Content Width', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_WIDTH', '12', 'What width container should the content be shown in?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'12\', \'11\', \'10\', \'9\', \'8\', \'7\', \'6\', \'5\', \'4\', \'3\', \'2\', \'1\'), ', now())"); tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_SORT_ORDER', '200', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '1', now())"); * tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Modal Name', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_BUTTONNAME', 'Latest Updates', 'Name for your custom box', '6', '8', now())"); * tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Modal class', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_BUTTONCLASS', 'btn btn-primary', 'class', '6', '8', now())"); * tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Modal Box title', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_TITLE', 'Information', 'title', '6', '8', now())"); * tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Modal Box content', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_BODY', 'put your info here', 'modal content', '6', '8', now())"); } function remove() { tep_db_query("delete from configuration where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')"); } function keys() { return array('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_STATUS', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_CONTENT_WIDTH', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_SORT_ORDER' * 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_BUTTONNAME', * 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_BUTTONCLASS', * 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_TITLE', * 'MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION_PRODUCTS_MODAL_BODY'); } } I have added an '*' to the start of each line I have added ... as I said the modal part works my problem is that when I navigate to the Modules>Content>Products section of admin the extra fields I have created do not show up, essentially it looks identical to how it did before I added the extra lines of test. Likewise, when I save the changes to the module the default text that I have assigned to the fields does not show up... I only get the placeholders/variables showing up I have uninstalled and reinstalled the module a number of times, there is obviously something I am missing in modifying this file, any help would be appreciated.
  20. It's like I stated, the link you posted points to the EDGE master which has been updated to BS4 and has nothing to do any more with your version from 2/2017: <!-- bs 4.2.1 --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.2.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-GJzZqFGwb1QTTN6wy59ffF1BuGJpLSa9DkKMp0DgiMDm4iYMj70gZWKYbI706tWS" crossorigin="anonymous"> Discount code BS will not work with BS 4, only BS3. If you wish to test with a clean unmodified version, please use 2.3.4.1 FROZEN: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/releases/tag/2341-Frozen This will work and then you can compare to your real store to find the problem.
  21. Here is my template_top <?php /* $Id$ osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright (c) 2018 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License */ $oscTemplate->buildBlocks(); if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left')) { $oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth()); } if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_right')) { $oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth()); } ?> <!DOCTYPE html> <html<?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>> <head> <meta charset="<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no"> <title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title> <base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>"> <!-- bs 4.2.1 --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.2.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-GJzZqFGwb1QTTN6wy59ffF1BuGJpLSa9DkKMp0DgiMDm4iYMj70gZWKYbI706tWS" crossorigin="anonymous"> <!-- fa 5.7.1 --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.7.1/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-fnmOCqbTlWIlj8LyTjo7mOUStjsKC4pOpQbqyi7RrhN7udi9RwhKkMHpvLbHG9Sr" crossorigin="anonymous"> <link href="custom.css" rel="stylesheet"> <link href="user.css" rel="stylesheet"> <?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_tags'); ?> </head> <body> <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('navigation'); ?> <div id="bodyWrapper" class="<?php echo BOOTSTRAP_CONTAINER; ?>"> <?php require('includes/header.php'); ?> <div class="row"> <div id="bodyContent" class="col order-xs-1 order-md-6">
  22. Jack_mcs

Fake accounts

As your host to enable ipset. It allows blocking large amounts of IP's at no cost to the server load. We have the temporary limit set to 20,000. There's about 3,000 currently blocked and the servers load hasn't changed at all.
  23. This addon uses certain characters to identify the page. For example, -p- is a product page and -c- is a category page. The -by- is used to identify All Product pages. So when that is used in the url, the code thinks it is a link to an All Products page and tries to create the url for it, which is invalid. The word by is not useful for SEO and will be ignored by the search engines. If you want it for your customers, you would have to change the code in this addon to use a different identifier.
  24. MrPhil

My database do not work?

osC 2.3.4? You're running an obsolete version. The proper one to run is 2.3.4.1BS "Frozen" (plus patches) -- see links below in my signature. PHP 7.2 is way too up-level for osC 2.3.4. Did your host just upgrade your server's PHP? It's not good to roll back for long to an unsupported PHP version (e.g., 5.4), but you might ask if there is a way for you to do that. See if your server control panel has something like "MultiPHP Manager" or the like, to let you select your PHP. If you can roll back PHP to the point where your store resumes working, use the grace period gained to upgrade to Frozen and transfer your store's data over. Long term, you should be running PHP 7.1 (or higher), the current lowest supported PHP version, which means going to Frozen. There is never a need to re-enter your store's data. You can always migrate the database content to the new layout (schema). It's a fairly simple (although tedious) job. Your configure.php files, in their database section, will tell you the name of the database you're using. You can then use your server control panel to delete the unused one, if you wish. Do NOT post your configure.php file content here without first removing or ***-ing out your database information!
  25. oh3gdo

My database do not work?

Oscomerce 2.3.4 === Some information HTTP Server: Apache Database server ============== Server type MySQL Server connection SSL is not being used Server version 5.6.43 MySql Community Server (GPL) Protocol vesion 10 User probyte@localhost Serve charset : UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) Web server =============== Database client version libmysql 5.1.73 PHP version 7.2.7 phpMyAdmin Version information 4.8.3 === When I try to connect to my oscommerce webshop, I get : Unable to connect to database server! I can connect to my main webpage, it works normally. I can use probyte.fi/cpanel, normally and also FTP. I have tried to correct database (probyte_db), but no help. There is also probyte_tietokanta (probyte database), but I don't know which is this. Maybe old database? It is 366MB large. How I know which database is mine? I mean can I remove that database. == What I can do? I have got always good help here- I have used Oscommerce almost 15 years. It has always worked well. I made a new Oscommerce last December. I took about two-three weeks! I must to do all my product again. Regards oh3gdo
  26. raiwa

Wholesale (SPPC lite)

I'm sorry, I can't give you further help for this within the support for Wholesale BS. I would need more details and code examples you are using. It is not possible in this support thread.
  27. davinci8

Wholesale (SPPC lite)

Your module works perfect. Thank you for that. I am still in a kind of problem with the minimum amounts of products wanted for the wholesale function, unwanted for the retail function. ( I have installed your suggestion ' minimum quantity per product', and al goes fine). So i thought to redirect to a 'normal' shop for retail selling. (My problem is the (working) minimum amount is also active for the retail group.) I have tried to make the addon 'Link to Product Model' by Landho working on Osc CE so i would have a link in the other shop where a customer can buy just one product trough advanced_search_result.php, but this failed. I know this is not a subject for your addon, but I could not find any posts of this matter to help me further. Reason for all of this is that retail customers are confused by the minimum amounts of products in the Wholesale. Hope you can help me. Best regards, Martin
  1. Load more activity