All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello forum, I am looking for some advice. We are using UPS XML Rates v1.6.1 for osCommerce 2.3.4 for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE frozen. We would like to add FedEx as a shipping choice. Could someone using a working shipping module that will work for our situation let us know what to use for our version of OSCommerce. TY
  3. Today
  4. dfr717

HoneyPot Captcha

I've used this module for a few weeks now and it's solved 99% of our Contact Us spam. I just installed the last few upgrades and everything works except after some trial and error it seems the Create Account Check will not operate while the Math Captcha is enabled and vice versa. When they're both enabled the error report I get e-mailed back from honey pot says " 11-19-2019: Denided due to captcah " I noticed someone was having the same error a few pages back but it was never solved. Might be another piece to their puzzle. I would like them both to operate at the same time because I think they would weed out most of the fake accounts I'm getting. I am using OSC 2.3.4 Any ideas? Thanks
  5. Hi @Tsimi Great addon. Any chance for an update to Phoenix 1.0.3.0. And maybe campatible to work with the points and rewards addon from Raiwa.
  6. If you are able to manage without a fully integrated solution then PayPal allows you to simply place a subscriptions and recurring payments button on any page you like.
  7. I haven't but I am probably going to be looking into something similar in the near future.
  8. Hi there. I am wondering if there is a module for recurring payments for subscriptions, restricted areas etc. There looks like there is a module from 2008 for PayPal recurring payments, but I definitely don't want to go that far back because of the debugging challenge and because I am concerned it will be obsolete from the PayPal standpoint. Outside of the world of completed contributions, I am wondering if any others have implemented a system for monthly subscriptions controlling access to certain content pages within the oscommerce framework and how it was accomplished. Thanks!
  9. Uploaded update 3.0.1: Points and Rewards Phoenix Version 3.0.1. - Fix for shipping tax to be included in points calculation. Thanks to @MITCH70 for the report - Added note for content module call if already present in checkout_payment.php
  10. JcMagpie

Making Phoenix Invoice look a bit better

Packing Slip has also been updated and a stray </a> removed from invoice. Both files attached. invoice.php packingslip.php
  11. JcMagpie

Have updated the invoice file to fix small error on total layout and link to terms. invoice.php
  12. HI Zahid!!! Another great contribution to the OSC community !!! TY!!
  13. This is a simple add-on it will allow you to Place a Manufacturers QR code image on each product page.

image.png.4d3b9f01154fbab17802f22b61bf993e.png

14. JcM Manufacturers QR code V1.0 Phoenix This is a simple add-on it will allow you to Place a Manufacturers QR code image on each product page. It requires NO core changes so just copy over the files provided. Once it’s installed simply go to admin and install and turn on. You can change the styling in admin it uses stock BS Class’s. You can also select the placing of the text within the container it’s added to. That’s it enjoy. It has only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0 only. Can be seen working on this custom test site
  15. burt

Removal of off-topic chit-chat. Let's stay on topic if possible.
  16. BrockleyJohn

PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

Do you still get double-processing with the app? I've not seen it in my clients but lots with the previous modules, so I believe it's better now at least if not eliminated. Yes, a different status for paypal cheques would be a good thing. My stock interfaces have to interrogate the order history to find out whether the payment has cleared or not. I don't get the obsession with consecutive order ids (which you can never achieve totally anyway). If you want to track sales consecutively, why not allocate a consecutive sale/purchase/invoice number when an order is paid? Much simpler and the way that many other systems work. This is an issue right across osc and not confined to the paypal module.
  17. Jack_mcs

What is the current version? (I need to upgrade)

The latest version is the Phoenix version. You can download it from here. Be sure to scroll down to that link. You can't really update an RC2 version to Phoenix. While it is possible, it would be a mess (code-wise), require many more edits than with starting over and you would probably still have security issues. The best option is to install Phoenix, convert your RC2 database to work with it, install whatever addons you want and change the appearance to your liking.
  18. MyBookShop

KissIT Image Thumnailer

Thankyou. I am still clueless to the cut and paste error in Notepad++, I also used the compare in it and, sent to notepad for clear txt. Still the attachment has fixed this for me. And allowed me to move on with the site. So I did this, hope you do not mind I donated to Burt. Thankyou again Raiwa.
  19. I have Version: V2.2 RC2A ( V2.2 RC2a) , which was installed by a vendor who is no longer in business. What is the current version and the date it was released so that I can hire someone to update. Thanks, David
  20. Yesterday
  21. yungi

forgot password implementation?

my host is AWS
  22. yungi

forgot password implementation?

I only get complaints only from some of the customers, not all of them. I tested on my own personal email and it works without any problems.
  23. cables24h

HoneyPot Captcha

At the end.............. You go figure it all have to do with it. That you are doing THAT ( so what you do). There is much room open for many others to tackle that. To goal is to prevent. To monitor ( what means storing form $_POSTS................ mwaaaaaaaaaaa , i think that is a most unwanted subject of the cause). At the end............ if it is HoneyPot, a GUARDIAN SYSTEM, or google reCaptchaV2 or google reCaptchaV3 ( you tried v3?). osCommerce users simply do not like to be spammed. If put that first and can agree on that. That would might be a step forward for the whole community.
  24. azpro

@Supertex I wanted to stay further silent in this thread but I believe you are right .. It seems like a differnece between coding and real-life running a shop. All the examples you give we had to "code" around ... - Stock-deduction : we do extra checks - Customers clicking back and forth betwen payment-processing and checkout: we check order_id and status so there is not a new order number - Payment statusses for non confirmed Payment / and or abandoned payment: we do extra checks So - improvements can surely can be made!
  25. Great contribution to OSC! thank you!!!
  26. Supertex

My comments aren't regarding policy...but rather what I see in the code. Now, I may be a little fuzzy, but I do know that special accommodations with regard to the timing of order creation during the checkout process are altogether different for PayPal. There are vast sections of code that are duplicated and run 'a step sooner' just for PayPal. I've not experienced much in the way of payment modules, but that much I know for certain. I've installed (and used) authorize.net, PayPal, and the 'wire transfer' module. Wire transfer creates the order at completion, and the order is posted as "awaiting payment" in the admin list. Authorize.net does NOT create an order number. In their interface...there is only an amount...no correlating order. However, when you return to the store, you'll find an order number. When I dug deeper to see why, it was revealed just how simple the module is (there was no order number being sent because it didn't exist yet), and by comparison, just how complex the PayPal module is. But again...don't take my word for gospel here. @Harald Ponce de Leon is the guy that can answer these questions without conjecture. My main point is to address the stated concerns about why order numbers were changing - and it's because the customer is altering their cart AFTER having chosen PayPal as the payment method. Also...there will be a number of customers that don't ever actually place the order...and when they do that, that order number will be 'occupied' indefinitely...the site will skip over it and continue on generating new order numbers from there. The solve for me was simple: create an order status just for these "temporary" orders, and have your orders.php query exclude that status from displaying normally. You can always specify from the drop-down if you need to view them. There are other issues that you may find more problematic with the PayPal app...like inventory counts being off, for example, because there are 2 opportunities for the site/code to 'complete' the order - one when the customer returns to the site from PayPal, and again when the IPN lands on the site. I find that both MUST be used, because sometimes a customer will click 'pay' at paypal, but will close the browser before they ever return to the site. Can't really rely only on the IPN either, because there are times - fairly often - when the IPN is delayed. On occasion, it's been hours late showing up. And of course in this case, the customer returns to find an 'unpaid' order. Well, when both are used, it just so happens that they CAN land close enough to each other that BOTH try to complete the order (stock decrement, etc.). This happens pretty often. And the only tell-tale sign that you have, is that the site will have sent 2 order confirmation emails, which you can see in the status updates for the order in your store ("customer emailed - green checkmark"). This is a long thread, but go through and read up on it. I've posted numerous times in numerous threads about this...provided images of the backend, database content screenshots. And here's another kind of major issue with PayPal. OSC isn't set up to distinguish between payment statuses as returned by PayPal. Just because a customer completes the payment, doesn't mean that PayPal has approved the payment. I've seen it return 'Pending' payments...not pending order status....pending PAYMENT status. The site can't tell the difference. It processes the order just like PayPal approved the transaction. I've posted numerous details about this too. You can potentially ship what you think is a paid order, only to find out days later that the payment actually was never approved...good luck getting your product back. And now that they are no longer refunding fees ...you as the business owner will get stuck with paying fees based on what the original transaction amount was...not the total after you issue a partial refund. Maybe not a big deal if your average sale is $100, but wait till you have to refund $1500 of a $2000 sale...that'll get your attention. We're moving away from PayPal as fast as my fingers can type. In other news...the Square module seems to be working very nicely...
  27. BrockleyJohn

Ok - but that sounds unnecessarily complicated - and btw checkout_process is too late as previously discussed.
  1. Load more activity