• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Discover how to integrate FedEx shipping services seamlessly into your e-commerce store with our comprehensive guide. Optimize your shipping process and enhance customer satisfaction today!
  3. Yesterday
  4. Okay so according to the documentation Customer Modules is supposed to allow bespoke payment and shipping options per customer. I have this installed but no options are showing? I removed then reinstalled, still no difference. How do I make this work? If I can turn off all payment modules per customer then that would be ideal to solve the problem. There are no options, there is a tab in Customer for the Sales channel but it is non functional. Please help, Lorraine
  5. I have three issues regarding breadcrumbs: 1 - I added a breadcrumb to a theme but it doesn't display. It is set to show on all pages. 2 - The Print Shop theme has a breadcrumb so I thought to export/import it but when I look at that theme in admin, the breadcrumb block is not showing (it does show when viewing the template). 3 - I am also wondering if there is a way to make the breadcrumb work as a breadcrumb should work? That is, it shows the paths taken to the current page. The way it works in the Print Shop theme is that if a menu item is clicked on, only that link and the home page link is shown. The attached v4_menu_sales shows what the breadcrumb displays if the Sales menu item is clicked, Likewise, the v4_menu_epson shows the breadcrumb when the Epson menu item is clicked. But if the Epson link is clicked and then the Sales link is clicked, the breadcrumb only shows the Sales link, while it should show Epson and Sales. Any thoughts/suggestions? @pandrei
  6. Actually I have thought of a way to do this: Create a new group where access is restricted and add to that group. The shopping cart access can be disable etc. I think! If anyone has a better way please advise. Lorraine
  7. Unlock the power of DHL shipping integration with our comprehensive guide. Learn how to seamlessly install, customize, and optimize DHL Shipping services for your e-commerce website. Streamline your shipping process and enhance customer satisfaction with ease!
  8. Is it possible to allow a customer full access to browse and add items to the shopping cart but block them from checking out? I’d like to switch checkout on/off for certain customers. Thank you, Lorraine
  9. Last week
  10. THANK YOU I was afraid that I was going to have to throw away the last months of work. And you are correct my previous OSC version was 2.3.4. I am also setting up a Joomla site which is v3. Sorry I got my wires crossed. Darn how how I hate upgrading servers. BJ
  11. I am not familiar with that versions. The previous oscommerce version that V4 is compatible with it V 2.3.4. If you are trying to have V4 use an existing database, that won't work. The structures are different. If you mean you want to use the username and password that you already have for a new database, that should work as long as it is a valid login for the database.
  12. Finally got this working with PHP 8. The issue was the JSON response was being corrupted with PHP undefined array key warnings.
  13. @Jack_mcs Thank you for your response however I think that my question was misunderstood. What I was getting at was this The existing database under OSC v3 was created by, owned by and was accessed by using "root" with password "xxxxxx" . This is taken from the OSC v3 includes/configure.php file define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'root'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx'); During Step 3 of the OSC v4 setup, when identifying the DATABASE ACCESS when the server is set up using MySQL 5.7 can the Database username still be defined as "root"? And IF doing that - will errors be encountered because of it? Also, since the database was previously created and owned by root will accessing it with a DIFFERENT username cause problems? I hope that better explains my question. BJ
  14. V4 requires php 7.4 or above. You need to install V4 into an account that can have 7.4 set. Then install the database conversion script into a subdirectory of the live shop and run it. See here.
  15. Discover how to enhance your web store's search functionality with our latest blog post on managing the Search Plus module. Learn how to enable extended search options, analyze search statistics, and improve customer experience with accurate search alternatives. Read now to optimize your website's search capabilities and drive customer satisfaction!
  16. Read our latest blog post and discover how to improve your website management with the Universal Log Report module. Learn how to monitor system changes, track activities, and optimize your website's security with ease. Unlock valuable insights and streamline your website management processes!
  17. Since I began using OsCommerce back in it's early early days (v1.2 to be close) I have used the Mysql user of "root". I just discovered that to connect to MySQL 5.7 the user "root" has to use sudo mysql --user=root mysql Since this is the case, WHAT needs to be done to utilize existing databases and OsCommerce v4 with MySQL 5.7? Create a different user? Changing the dbuser within OsCommerce to this different user? Guidance would be greatly appreciated. BJ
  18. Hi, It appears he standard site uses a single url for logging in and creating an account. I need to use separate pages for this, and customize it for different sales channels. How do I create a new route and associate it with a template page layout? any advice would be appreciated! Thanks Steve
  19. Although the menu item is still missing, I located the correct Development mode creditials. All that is left is to discover HOW to get the store out of Development mode while missing the "My Store" menu item. BJ
  20. When I was actively working on my v4 store I placed it in development mode. This mode is activated in the "My Store" portion of the configuration menu. About a month ago I was called away to work another project and now I have seemingly forgotten my login for the frontend to get past the development mode login. I went to the configuration menu and the "My Store" item is missing (see graphic). HOW do I get it back or re-enabled? Thank you in advance. BJ
  21. Use this page to know how to connect to App Shop from your site. Then find the German System Translate package and click the Install button:
  22. It seems it is a restriction for your shared hosting like this: https://stackoverflow.com/a/34980645 I can't say if you should ignore it, because I don't see the full error (including the stack trace). It seems the operation requested the themes folder inside the site and if you ignore that, something may not work.
  23. try to use this module https://www.oscommerce.com/app/delivery-days-limitation
  24. lib/backend/themes/basic/login and edit the *.tpl file(s)
  25. Hi, I'm new to OScommerce 4 and am trying to create my first splash / landing page. After editing for a bit I made a bit of a mistake and want to go back to a previous version. I went into backups and found the one I wanted at 15:33 but when I clicked on restore all I got was a spinning ball : It has been like that for about an hour now. my domain name is klereearth.oscommerce.host, the theme I am trying to edit is called klere and the page is called splash. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Steve
  26. Hello Pandrei, thanks for your help, after a few days, somethink happend (i did not anythink since than) and it works from it self. Maybe the Key was needed a few hours to set up or somethink: But now i have one more problem, the updates allways sayed that the Checksum isnt right and i could ignore it and force installation. I did this (force) und installed all updates now, but i get the Errors: Exception: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/sites/****I-Hide-this-becouse-of-security****/web/****I-Hide-this-becouse-of-security****/themes/.htaccess/cache/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/sites/****I-Hide-this-becouse-of-security****/:/tmp/:/dev/:/usr/share/php/:/etc/ssl/certs/:/usr/lib64/php8.1/bin/). Can i ignore it? The updates now all installed and the system says i have the latest version.
  27. Earlier
  28. Please check your PMs again. The result you see now is because I had to add a $150 handling fee to stop losing money on 3 out of the 4 shipments in each order.
  1. Load more activity