All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello @MrPhil, FYI only, I finally opt to only use the Options/Attributes as it is Mandatory. If my issue can help others… As all my transactions are Person to Person, the customers who accept it will be advised that an overcharge upon Delivery will be charge. He can also give back to the Delivery man the same amount of Cans in order to balance is account…. So, thank you again for all your help and big thanks to let me know about the Frozen version.
  3. douglaswalker

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Please ignore the post above @Jack_mcs solution is absolutely right. I made a mistake with the URL. Thanks all for your help
  4. Today
  5. douglaswalker

@Jack_mcs I tried the above(with my site details) but it goes to a page not found.. i tried turning off your header redirect still goes to stock page not found.. reset seo cache still page not found.. It is ignoring the 301... weird
  6. MrPhil

modal info popup

includes/template_bottom.php requires some code added just before </body>. I will take a look at your files and see if there's anything different, or if it looks like it "fits" better. Update: You have a German word (?) in admin/includes/languages/english/popup_manager.php: 'Erfolg: change to 'Success: includes/template_bottom.php code (in original, that you removed) appears to duplicate code in tpl_cm_footer_popup.php, so I commented the added code out of template_bottom includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_popup.php change 'Add a info popup to 'Add an info popup The rest of your changes looked appropriate. That done, no change in behavior. I compared files in Mike's and your zip files; the next step is a line by line compare against what's on the server, to see if something got corrupted during file transfer, or whatever. There are no new entries in any of the admin left column menus (at top level -- is what I'm looking for a level or two down?). When Tools > Popup Manager appears, will I have the opportunity to set MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_POPUP_CONTENT_WIDTH?
  7. Yesterday
  8. alex121121

Change to EDGE from Frozen

I'll stay with Frozen, thanks
  9. Featured products header carousel with Ribbon v2.3.4.1CE BS3/4 V1.1 Updated to fix small css error on ribbon. If you use gradient on ribbon then use color1 and color2 . Make sure color is blank. If using one color then use color only and leave color1 and color2 blank. Featured products with Ribbon Header v2.3.4.1CE V1.1.zip
  10. JcMagpie

modal info popup

don't remember doing any file update? Simply copy files over and and install footer , go to admin and setup popup. Try these files of my BS4 site so you may have to mess about with the html a bit. BS modal info popup layer.zip
  11. Hotclutch

Google XML Sitemap SEO

If you are redirecting index,php to the root, then you don't want to be submitting that URL in a sitemap. You should be submitting the root URL. If it's not easily possible with code, then hopefully it will be possible just to remove that entry form the sitemap, Google will still index the root URL. Also webmaster tools will alert with an error if you do have index.php in a sitemap, whilst there is a 301 redirect on it. Any links in your script should be changed over to the root domain URL, otherwise you're linking to a perpetual redirect.
  12. Add the redirect above the redirects for this addon and let the code sort it out. redirect 301 /product-p-800.html https://www.site.com/product_info.php?products_id=900
  13. does not make sense. Once you delete the product, there's nothing in the code that would cause that. Unless you have something else going on.
  14. Mikepo

modal info popup

@MrPhil I'm away from my desk at the moment, but I can assure you the package was used for the stock CE version, dated May 2018. Please check again, I can only help on my return. Mike
  15. douglaswalker

@Hotclutch the redirect does not work if the product is in the database and turned off or deleted from the database. I have tested all possibilities. it just appends the product_info part to the end of the url deeply annoying
  16. You may want to read around on the trials and tribulations of PayPal, and the latest updates. What version of osCommerce are you on? If it's not "Frozen" or "Edge", you're wasting your time trying to patch up an ancient official version.
  17. MrPhil

modal info popup

That's the May 18 (2018) Frozen, and definitely not something earlier or later? According to the instructions, simply copying over the files (and one update) should produce a new entry in Tools menu, but I'm not seeing it. I'll double check my work one more time, then have to start serious debugging.
  18. The URL (product) you are trying to redirect has been deleted, or still exists in the database? What i gave should work for the former case, not sure what to suggest if you have the latter scenario.
  19. douglaswalker

@Hotclutch hi there unfortunately it results in this... name-of-product-p-40.html?products_id=33 A similar issue is here https://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/408028-301-redirects-and-seo-urls/ to do with category redirects
  20. JoeEst

AB Testing

Yes.. A/B testing is about learning. Genuine boost in conversions come from understanding the user and serving appropriate and valuable offers.
  21. Not sure if many will need this but here it is for those (one or two) that may 😊. Has been updated to allow 1) Ribbon text to be set in language file 2) Set number displayed on small, medium and large screens in admin. 3) Ribbon color and gradient can be set in admin 4) Added class to limit length of text display to one line to keep compact. ( css can be removed in template file ) Only for CE Frozen BS3 or Frozen BS4 If you already have one running then you don't need to install the header_tags again. Enjoy! Oh and for those who wish to see it running it's on the BS4 test site but running in static mode. https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/ Featured products with Ribbon Header v2.3.4.1CE V1.0.zip
  22. Jack_mcs

Google XML Sitemap SEO

In answer to your questions, there's no way to remove the index.php from the url short of editing the code for that special case. But the sitemap won't override the canonical - it's the other way around. So it doesn't matter that there is a link to index.php in the sitemap file. There will also be a link to it, maybe many, in the shop. It's a non-issue.
  23. douglaswalker

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Hi there in the pages part of this addon I see you can disallow a page so my question is On my site index.php is re-directed to home https://www.mysite.com.au/ index.php is in my sitemap but google rightly has chosen https://www.mysite/ as the canonical tag. Is there a way instead of having index.php in the sitemap have https://www.mysite.com.au/ or should I just add index.php to the disallow list.
  24. the syntax should be like this: Redirect 301 /old-product-p-23.html /new-product-p-24.html put it at the bottom of the rules.
  25. douglaswalker

Hi there I am using this contribution and I am trying to 301 redirect an old product I no longer stock to a new one. like this in htaccess redirect 301 /product-p-800.html https://www.site.com/product-p-900.html however i am finding that it will not work anymore. Is there a different way i have to do a permanent redirect on a product when SEO urls is implemented or have I totally missed something
  26. supercheaphobb

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

Hi all, I have googled and searched and it seems no one has had this issue, Even thou I have installed 2 different versions on two different setup and got the same issue Domain 1 osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 Installed oscom-easypopulate-2-76i-for-v2-3-1-mx6dI-VE98G One catalog has Multi Products but not Easy Populate and the other has Easy Populate but is missing Multi Products Domain 2 osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE installed oscom-easypopulate-BS3-Test V1.0 One catalog has Quick Updates but not Easy Populate and the other has Easy Populate but is missing Quick Updates On both server I ended up with the Catalog box being duplicated one has Settings & Info EP vers: 1.0 Beta osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3 OS: Array HTTP: DB: PHP: Array (Zend: ) Temp Directory: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/temp/ Temp Dir is Writable Magic Quotes is: off register_globals is: off Split files on: 300 records Model Num Size: 12 Price with tax: false Calc Precision: 2 Replace quotes: false Field seperator: comma Excel safe output: true Preserve tab/cr/lf: false Category depth: 7 Enable attributes: true SEF Froogle URLS: false Other Support: MVS Support: false Products Images: true qpbp: false Additional Images: false Additional Images: false More Pics: false UltraPics Pics: false HTC: false SPPC: false Extra Fields: false PDF Upload: false Master Products: false <?php /* $Id$ osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License */ $cl_box_groups[] = array( 'heading' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG, 'apps' => array( array( 'code' => 'categories.php', 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS, 'link' => tep_href_link('categories.php') ), array( 'code' => 'products_attributes.php', 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'link' => tep_href_link('products_attributes.php') ), array( 'code' => 'easypopulate.php', 'title' => 'Easy Populate', 'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php') ), array( 'code' => 'manufacturers.php', 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 'link' => tep_href_link('manufacturers.php') ), array( 'code' => 'reviews.php', 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link('reviews.php') ), array( 'code' => 'specials.php', 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS, 'link' => tep_href_link('specials.php') ), array( 'code' => 'products_expected.php', 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, 'link' => tep_href_link('products_expected.php') ) ) ); ?> <?php /* $Id$ osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License */ $cl_box_groups[] = array( 'heading' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG, 'apps' => array( array( 'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES) ), array( 'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) ), array( 'code' => 'easypopulate.php', 'title' => 'Easy Populate', 'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php') ), array( 'code' => FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS) ), array( 'code' => FILENAME_REVIEWS, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS) ), array( 'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) ), array( 'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED) ), array( 'code' => FILENAME_DOCUMENTS, 'title' => BOX_CATALOG_DOCUMENTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_DOCUMENTS) ) ) ); ?>
  27. Thanks Steve, I've actually had this account since 2006 I'm just being more proactive now The addon is already built and working just fine in several of my employers clients stores I just need to package it so that it's more inline with the expectations of how addons/apps should present/integrate themselves when offered here (we have our own forked codebase of osC and so can get away with less formalities lol) and write up some instructions/guides. Feel free to follow my profile and as soon as it's ready I'll announce it, that way you won't miss out on the notification.
  1. Load more activity