Latest News: (loading..)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. johnsmith1221

Share your strategy for christmas

Rejoicing with customers and unlimited discounted gifts for children to see their precious smiles is the best part of Christmas. It happens naturally and you don't require any strategy for it. As a blogger I have written various blogs on sales strategies to increase business revenues but Christmas, Easter and other festivals are free form these strategies as people are happy and they rush to your shop or store if you are opening arms with best discounts and quality products.
  3. JenniferT

which payment module do you use in your shop ?

Magento, PrestaShop, osCommerce, Joomla, Virtuemart, WordPress, Typo3, e-conomic, x-cart and others
  4. Today
  5. JcMagpie

Can't login admin page

It can be very frustrating when this happens, but you need to just take one step at a time. If you have made no changes since it was last worked then the only thingleft is your host making changes at server level. Just let them know what has happened and ask for help. On updating the PHP it's likely they may have moved or changed directorys/files. If the PHP selection is a new feature they have added then you may find the default setting are not as you need them and you may have to manuly adjust them to what you had before. As you can see from the error it's complaining about a file/directory path. Failed opening required '/hermes/bosnaweb18a/b1270/ipg.888eightrarechinacoi/includes/classes/action_recorder.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.5.22-amd64/lib/php' Just check each error one at a time and clear. Your host is the one you need to speak with on this.
  6. jacktu

Can't login admin page

Hi JCMagpie, THanks for your reply. I did tried to set the PHP Version on my hosting site for PHP Version 5.3, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 and I still can't access to my admin page.
  7. JcMagpie

Can't login admin page

Talk to your hosting company to see if they have made any changes such as updating PHP version.
  8. jacktu

Can't login admin page

I was able to login admin page without issue since I installed the software two or three years ago. All of sudden I can't login today. I believed my last login was April 10 2019. My site is still working but just can't log in to the admin page to make any modification on the site. Any idea where do I check the log for error? thanks for the help. Here is the error message from the login page: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
  9. Yesterday
  10. ruden

Upload Class File

Verification is the wrong approach. Special characters must be removed. Ideally SEO Friendly Images
  11. MrPhil

My database do not work?

Is this the "official" version downloaded from this site, under Downloads? If so, it will not run properly on PHP 7.2. No versions of osCommerce will run without problems on PHP 7.2, although both Frozen and Edge will run fine on PHP 7.1. See if you can roll back your site to 7.1, then install "Frozen" and patches (see links below in my signature). You may have some work ahead of you modifying the Finnish language add-on to work with this version.
  12. danke für deine Verlinkung vom Englischsprachigem Teil
  13. oh3gdo

My database do not work?

MrPhil Thank you for your help. I started from begin. I downloaded osC 2,3,41 full version. Open it, renamed my old catalog to catalog_old and downloaded everything to my web page. It went right. Then I start to load a new web page http://probyte.fi/catalog . Then I loaded starting page. ( public_html/catalog) Then came a default page, it was also ok. I put some name to my old database name and login and password. It went well. I made a new customer, my name, it went ok. Then I downloaded a Finnish language pack, it went ok. I put it by ftp to my web page, It seemed to run ok at language directory, there was an English and a Finnish directory. Then I stared Installation Tool, but now comes a problem. When I have entered my login and password, then came: http://probyte.fi/catalog/admin/login.php?action=process So something strarted to process, but what? It has prosessed allready there hours. Can you help me? Was a language pack done too quicly? Regards oh3gdo
  14. es ist kein Doppel Post, da in englisch und in deutsch in zwei verschiedenen Unterforen..(FOREN) ich wollte den Namen von diesen STÜMPER hier nicht schreiben, da er mir den Shop als Rechts konform verkauft hat und nichts funktioniert... Wenn ich dann noch höre ich hätte daran herum geschraubt und deswegen geht nix mehr , da bekomme ich das Ko....en.. Newsletter sendet an Kunden und oben sieht man in der Mail alle email Adressen der Kunden. Der erste Kunde bekommt eine Newsletter Mail und bei jedem kunden kommt je nach Kundestamm eine Newsletter Mail Mehr. der 1oo ste Kunde bekommt 100 Mails und 100 Email Adressen einsehbar.. gerade bei dem DSGVO was aktiv ist... die Dropdownmenüs gingen unter Morzilla nicht, da dort auch ein fehler drinn war. Aber 1 Woche behauptet muss gehen und geht doch... Ein sch...ß ging. ICH KANN NUR JEDEM ABRATEN SICH VON IHM WAS ERSTELLEN ZU LASSEN... HÄTTE ICH ES NICHT AUS MEINER PRIVAT KASSE BEZAHLT HÄTTE ICH IHN VOR GERICHT GEZOGEN.. - beim Newsletter fehlt der befahl, dass nach senden nach oben gegangen wird und an die nächste Adresse gesendet wird. So viel ist an dem Shop System nicht geändert, da er schon sehr veraltet ist... html4 u.s.w etwas Design und seine Signatur rein und hier und da was rein gebaut... Bis ein Profi meinen neuen Shop fertig habe, möchte ich diese Fehler halt noch gerne raus bekommen Es muss entweder am Paypal Modul oder am DHL Modul liegen.. Vielen Dank
  15. I've noticed that there other e-commerce solutions that hadn't been updated for years now, I think last in 2017. The one that seems to be updated is PrestaShop, that also have bootstrap, responsive and hooks. Almost like the informal version of oscommerce. I guess then that's the norm nowadays. Nahhh not for me.
  16. Never change a running system Change a running system only if: 1. you are sure changed system will run much better 2. running systems does not run anymore as wanted 3. you are sure not want to change it only for fun
  17. MrPhil

Fake accounts

If your host can't (or won't) do something to block ranges of nasty IP addresses, it falls to you to take action. It does cost server load to block IP addresses in .htaccess, so keep that in mind (whether or not it is charged to your account). If you wait until your application gets the IP address and handles it, the cost is much higher. The bill will definitely be on your account, through PHP processing and database usage to look up the offender and decide to refuse to serve them. So, the further upstream you can push the blocking effort, the less you'll usually have to pay for it. Unfortunately, the Internet, Web, and servers were not designed with such matters in mind (e.g., no reliable "country of origin" field), and any sort of access control is glued on separately (and can often be gotten around, through proxies, etc.). In the case of a forum or blog, where the propagation of content is the desired end, there isn't much you can do except to fully block offenders (up to and including denying any access at all). For a store, it might be worth waiting to block them until they get into a subsystem for content dispersal (tell-a-friend, reviews, contact us), and block them there. The idea is that relatively few visitors are going to make use of such subsystems, compared to ordinary shoppers. Just some thoughts.
  18. It all depends on whether it's a one-way information flow (from seller to potential customer), or you need a two-way conversation. When someone says "blog", that sounds like they're asking for a conversational system. To meet expectations of functionality and ease of use, that's a whole application in and of itself. I would hesitate to try to build a whole new WordPress-like thing stuck on the side of osC. If such capability is needed, I would think it better to install something existing (like WP) and somehow tie it in to the store, such as through a shared ID/password. On the other hand, if all you need is to push information in one direction (store to customer), it might be worth the effort to come up with a mini-blog of some sort ("information content module").
  19. Fredi

Article Manager v1.0

Hi Jack! If this helps you, I will be happy to do the testing.
  20. Jack_mcs

Article Manager v1.0

@FrediIt is mostly done. I just need to find the time to do some testing and update the instructions. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
  21. Mehrfach posten ist laut Forum Guidelines nicht erlaubt: 2. Posting Punkt 2: Guidelines Du hast auf dein erstes Post schon Antwort auf diese Frage erhalten: Ausserdem solltest du die wichtige Information, dass dein Shop ein von PL System modifizierter und somit kein Standard Shop ist, nicht vorenthalten.
  22. Hay muss mal hier nachhacken... bei mir ist es so, wenn ein Kunde bestellt und zum Paypal Checkout geht, dass da immer ein geringerer Betrag steht, als auf der Rechnung. Auf der Rechnung demzufolge ein höherer Gesamtbetrag, weil die MwSt vom Versand verschwindet. Es kommt ein geringerer Betrag auf das Paypal KTO und somit gibt es ärger bei der Steuer.. Ist nicht gut, aber habe einem Strolch hier aus dem Forum zu viel vertraut (bezahlt) und jetzt muss ich zu sehen, wie ich die Fehler von Ihm ausbade... MwSt ist im Paypal Modul aktiv 19% DHL Versandtabelle ist auch richtig... Hat einer einen Tip was der Fehler sein könnte
  23. I've only installed official releases. I get what you saying. Should you get a hint as to what is happening, perhaps let us know.
  24. I believe that I did answer you already. You seems to be making a case for hooks. I've got my concerns and I'm not asking for a debate on hooks.
  25. Hello, I received an email from Amazon regarding changes required ~ Get ready for the new Payment Services Directive (PSD2) by 30 June 2019 (see below) Does anyone know if there is going to be an oscommerce update with the required changes? Thank you in advance.
  1. Load more activity