All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. MrPhil

Change to EDGE from Frozen

You can keep your products, moving from any version of osC to any other, but you'll have to compare the database structures (schemas). It's likely that you'll have to massage the old DB to be structured the same as the new, a manual operation. When moving from one version to the next one up, SQL is often provided to do this for you, but I don't think there's anything for Frozen -> Edge. I don't think there are massive changes in the DB, but there might be a few. You are aware that Edge is a moving target (unstable -- a feature added today may be gone tomorrow)? Have you thought out why you want to leave Frozen and move to Edge? Is it worth the effort? Beyond the performance improvement of BSv4 support, I'm not sure there is that much changed. If you are having problems with Frozen, be sure to apply the patches (another manual operation; see link in my signature below).
  4. Another minor modification that could be useful, or at least it is for me. If the guest decides to create an account then the guest key is removed from customer's account, however it is not removed from customer's order. So I have added a new line to do that in ht_pwa.php: if ( tep_session_is_registered('customer_is_guest') && isset($navigation->snapshot['page']) && $navigation->snapshot['page'] == 'checkout_success.php' ) { if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS') && MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS == 'True' && basename($PHP_SELF) == 'account.php' ) { // Unregister and remove guest from customers table if password is successful set tep_session_unregister('customer_is_guest'); tep_db_query("update customers set customers_guest = '0' where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'"); tep_db_query("update orders set customers_guest = '0' where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'"); Everything else looks good and work great. Great module. Thank you!
  5. Anyone know if it is possible to stack multiple discount codes? For instance, one code is for 10% discount and other code is for free shipping, can u allow the customer to use both instead of having to choose one?
  6. So I have done some small modifications, including commenting out the hook line (which frankly I'm not familiar with): echo $OSCOM_Hooks->call('checkout_process', 'PwaCheckoutMailMod') in checkout_process.php, and now everything seems to be working fine. Except if the customer clicks on Proceed to set a password option on checkout_success.php page the account gets deleted. I did some debugging and noticed that in ht_pwa.php the $messageStack->output('account') is blank. Therefore the following condition is not satisfied: if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS') && MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS == 'True' && basename($PHP_SELF) == 'account.php' && strpos($messageStack->output('account'), 'alert-success') ) { and so the guest account is deleted here: } elseif ( basename($PHP_SELF) != 'download.php' && basename($PHP_SELF) != 'set_password.php' && substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 😎 != 'checkout' ) { // else delete guest account $this->delete_guest_account(); } So my question: would it be a bad idea if I remove the strpos($messageStack->output('account'), 'alert-success') and modify the above condition? Modifying from: if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS') && MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS == 'True' && basename($PHP_SELF) == 'account.php' && strpos($messageStack->output('account'), 'alert-success') ) { to: if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS') && MODULE_CONTENT_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS_PWA_KEEP_ACCOUNT_STATUS == 'True' && basename($PHP_SELF) == 'account.php' ) { And my second question or why does the $messageStack->output('account') return blank value? Thank you in advance.
  7. Thanks Rainer, that makes sense now. My version is 2.3.4.
  8. YePix

Look closely at the database to see if the tables are the same. categories, categories_description, products, products_to_categories If you use attributes also compare the corresponding tables
  9. alex121121

but if i change to edge, can i keep the products i added so far to my store in the frozen? And if so, is it difficult?
  10. burt

Log Off Button

@alex121121 no problem. The other accounts are gone now so please be nice on this one
  11. alex121121

Log Off Button

@Burt Wow, thank you friend!! I simply installed the button module and there it is. Thank you very much and i did respond to you about multiple accounts but i guess it didnt go through because i was logged in with different account than was on the page with your msg.
  12. burt

Log Off Button

There are three modules included in core that have a logoff button. There are at least two more available that are "addons" (in other words, they do not come as part of the core). Explore your admin area, particularly; admin > modules > content > {install} > (and look through this list) > install one or more.
  13. Multiple Accounts.  

Please do not make the moderators life difficult by creating multiple account personalities.  

When multiple accounts are found...the newest account(s) will be suspended.  

Kthxbye.

14. When i turn on "Store database queries in Admin/configuration/logging, i get the following errors: Is this normal?
  15. I mean check if you did the installation correct and complete. Check if your sessions work correct and if your config files are correct. If you have other modifications in the relevant pages, switch them temporary off/ remove the code to be sure nothing else interferes. I can’t give more or more specific advice as I do not know what else you have modified/ added in your store.
  16. ZiggyZone

Lofoff button disappeared

So my logoff button suddenly disappeared and now it stays logged in the whole time even after restart. I have no idea what i could've touched to make the logoff button disappear. Can somebody please help me? I'm using frozen 2.341
  17. And by recheck you mean reinstall the addon?
  18. Please recheck your installation. It works fine in my develop/test-store.
  19. Please, neither this is a general support forum for your problem. This is for the PWA add-on. Please openm a new thread for your problem in the general support section for your store version.
  20. Hello @Mirko89, which exact OsCommerce version are you using.
  21. I just installed the the 442 bs discount addon and it works pretty well the only problem is that i cannot type another code after one has been accepted without loggin out first. In that picture i added you can see that 20%OFF is the code that has been accepted and works fine but I cannot delete that code and update it with a different code. An that setting symbol next to the code just keeps spinning forever.
  22. I'm using 2.341 frozen too and since 3 days ago my logoff button from the bottom has disappeared and it stays logged in the whole time. I didn't add any addons that day and didnt make any significant changes. Anyone has any idea? 
  23. Please post this question in a general support thread. This is not related to Discount Codes.
  24. puddlec

Log Off Button

you would need to add the account module for navbar modules and/or the account block for footer with content modules and/or buttons for header
  25. alex121121

Log Off Button

I cannot see a logout button either on frozen 2.341 Do you know how to fix this?
  26. Jack_mcs

where can i go to learn

The domain you mentioned doesn't appear to be valid so I can't comment on what is needed for it. But, in general, you can use this thread to switch to the latest version. Hosts use a third-party service to provide packages to install. That third-party can only include packages recognized by the owner of the package. Since @Harald Ponce de Leon has not done that with the Community Edition, they can't include. The one they include is a very old and should not be used.
  1. Load more activity