Latest News: (loading..)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @coelroy While you did say that the desire to not use hooks is a 'preference', as others have already stated, there is no benefit to not use them, but several disadvantages to not use them (such as not being able to use existing (and possibly future) add-ons, like the Paypal app, that do use them). Plus, as I understand it, hooks are used in the core code (at least in the Community Edition). So, unless you can provide a specific reason to not use them (other than just a 'preference'), I see no reason to include the option to turn them on or off in any future version of osC. M
  3. Today
  4. OK, I hope this is the correct area to ask this question. I have read the thread and I am confused. I have bootstrap and need to load csv files from many vendors. Will the plugin discussed it this topic work with what I have? I have added the addon easy csv import and it's not working.
  5. It's better to link to the cdn. The chances of the cdn being down is probably less than or the same as your site being down. And it's better for performance reasons. https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/getting-started/introduction/ <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-ggOyR0iXCbMQv3Xipma34MD+dH/1fQ784/j6cY/iJTQUOhcWr7x9JvoRxT2MZw1T" crossorigin="anonymous"> <script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.slim.min.js" integrity="sha384-q8i/X+965DzO0rT7abK41JStQIAqVgRVzpbzo5smXKp4YfRvH+8abtTE1Pi6jizo" crossorigin="anonymous"></script> <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/popper.js/1.14.7/umd/popper.min.js" integrity="sha384-UO2eT0CpHqdSJQ6hJty5KVphtPhzWj9WO1clHTMGa3JDZwrnQq4sF86dIHNDz0W1" crossorigin="anonymous"></script> <script src="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/js/bootstrap.min.js" integrity="sha384-JjSmVgyd0p3pXB1rRibZUAYoIIy6OrQ6VrjIEaFf/nJGzIxFDsf4x0xIM+B07jRM" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
  6. Most definitely yes. Thanks. Wouldn't it so much easier to modify add-ons you want to use, to use hooks (if necessary) rather than modifying the base store to be hookless? Noted, that can be done yes, but on the flip side, do you think in a future version there will be an option to activate or de-activate hooks?
  7. If you want your entire store to be under SSL, you need to change all the HTTP_ entries from http: to https:. It's not just the one Jack mentioned; there are several.
  8. Yes, if the customer's browser doesn't have that file cached, it could be ugly. You can always copy the file to your site, and modify the references to it in your store to point to your local copy. Bootstrap and "hooks" are two entirely separate things. The "CE"/Frozen/Edge versions have both, the official release has neither. Unfortunately, you'll be in for a bit of code editing to either put Bootstrap into the official release (a bad idea anyway, since it still leaves you at PHP 5.4 compatibility) or removing hooks from the CE version (I'm sure that's quite a bit of effort). Wouldn't it so much easier to modify add-ons you want to use, to use hooks (if necessary) rather than modifying the base store to be hookless?
  9. Chadduck

UPS Choice 1.8.3

Thanks Jack I did NOT believe it was just me - BUT strange things happen within the magical world of the internet. BJ
  10. Let me see if I understand this: Link to this: https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" So what if that server or website goes down, then your site looks ugly. Am I missing something here?
  11. Thank you very much! That fixed it.
  12. Jack_mcs

UPS Choice 1.8.3

I've received reports from several of my clients that UPS is not working. According to this site most of the US is having problems. But according to UPS, only Iowa is affected. I checked sites that are in Canada and UPS is working for them so it is only a problem with the US, as far as I can tell.
  13. 241

Email queuing system

@burt what are you using for your line breaks? content-type: text/plain "\n" - move cursor to next line "\r" - move curser to beginning of the line "\n\r" - produces 2 new lines whereas "\n", "\r" and "\r\n" give single lines content-type: text/html <br> - single line break HTML <br /> - single line break XHTML HTML5 allows both but prefers <br> nl2br($str, boolean) - replace \n with <br> or <br /> boolean - true/false default true nl2br($str, true) same as nl2br($str)
  14. DAVID3733

Request Product Reviews

Hello We have 2.3.4.1 CE BS4 running on php 7.2 plus Just to say this contribution is working on our set up, It was not straight out of the box but any changes that were needed were available in this thread to enable it to work, using php errors log on the server to pick out the issues made it easier Probably going to use the framework for other emails we send to clients after dispatch to when have more time, we always on a previous version used a autoresponder but could not find suitable alternative to work with PHP7 Have fun David
  15. Ken_Shea

Alternatives to PayPal

Hi all, Any one using a online payment method similiar to PayPal ? I.E. no credit card information entered on my site and then a transfer of that information to a processor gateways. Thanks Ken
  16. Chadduck

UPS Choice 1.8.3

Hello everyone - Before I begin the dreaded process of troubleshooting my UPS shipping issue I wanted to ask IF I am the only one that is having issues with UPS Choice 1.8.3. Shipping has been working fine for years. I received a phone call asking IF Priority Mail was the only method of shipping that we offered on Wednesday, April 17. 2019. Of course it was not, but it was the first time anyone had told me that there was no other option. Since the module is returning this error message (see image) We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping. Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown I do NOT believe that the module is the issue HOWEVER I am of the opinion that UPS may have finally removed the cgi server since the module has this disclaimer in step 7 ------------------------------------ Disclaimer: This revision is based on ups.php v.1.54, which employs the UPS cgi method that has been deprecated for over a year and although it appears to remain functional is no longer officially supported by UPS. The currently supported UPS API requires XML requests through a secure socket layer, for which there is not yet an osC implementation. ------------------------------------ Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a suggestion for a similar module for replacement? BJ
  17. To copy a product to a differnt category or the same category, i still miss in every new version some important copy stuff 😞 If a product have attributes, there dosen't get copied. So here is my suggestion for to change that: start about line 340 in catalog/admin/categories.php change this: case 'copy_to_confirm': if (isset($_POST['products_id']) && isset($_POST['categories_id'])) { $products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_id']); $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['categories_id']); if ($_POST['copy_as'] == 'link') { if ($categories_id != $current_category_id) { $check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'"); $check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query); if ($check['total'] < '1') { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')"); } } else { $messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_LINK_TO_SAME_CATEGORY, 'error'); } } elseif ($_POST['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') { $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_gtin from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"); $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query); tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_gtin) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_gtin']) . "')"); $dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id(); $description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"); while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_seo_title']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_seo_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_seo_keywords']) . "')"); } $product_images_query = tep_db_query("select image, htmlcontent, sort_order from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"); while ($product_images = tep_db_fetch_array($product_images_query)) { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . " (products_id, image, htmlcontent, sort_order) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_images['image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_images['htmlcontent']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_images['sort_order']) . "')"); } tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')"); $products_id = $dup_products_id; } if (USE_CACHE == 'true') { tep_reset_cache_block('categories'); tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased'); } } tep_redirect(tep_href_link('categories.php', 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id)); break; to this: case 'copy_to_confirm': if (isset($_POST['products_id']) && isset($_POST['categories_id'])) { $products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_id']); $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['categories_id']); if ($_POST['copy_as'] == 'link') { if ($categories_id != $current_category_id) { $check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'"); $check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query); if ($check['total'] < '1') { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')"); } } else { $messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_LINK_TO_SAME_CATEGORY, 'error'); } } elseif ($_POST['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') { $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_gtin from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"); $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query); tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_gtin) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_gtin']) . "')"); $dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id(); //BOC by McMannehan $attributes_query = tep_db_query("select products_attributes_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = " . (int)$product_id); while ($attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query)) { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$attributes['options_id'] . "', '" . (int)$attributes['options_values_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($attributes['options_values_price']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($attributes['price_prefix']) . "')"); } //EOC by McMannehan $description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"); while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed, products_seo_title, products_seo_description, products_seo_keywords) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_seo_title']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_seo_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_seo_keywords']) . "')"); } $product_images_query = tep_db_query("select image, htmlcontent, sort_order from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'"); while ($product_images = tep_db_fetch_array($product_images_query)) { tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_IMAGES . " (products_id, image, htmlcontent, sort_order) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_images['image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_images['htmlcontent']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_images['sort_order']) . "')"); } tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')"); $products_id = $dup_products_id; } if (USE_CACHE == 'true') { tep_reset_cache_block('categories'); tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased'); } } tep_redirect(tep_href_link('categories.php', 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id)); break; now the attributes will be copy. This changes should really be in the core code. The example code above is used from @burt Boostrap 4 version.
  18. That is a step in the right direction. Thanks.
  19. Thank you Jack. As always your comments are appreciated.
  20. Your ,htaccess file says to use ssl for the whole shop but the above entry in the configure file says not to. You need to change the above urlto use https.
  21. Yesterday
  22. burt

Email queuing system

Yep looks good, thanks. Big gap is from my testing (of line breaks, as well as you can see such things as BOLD and Italic etc. Thanks for testing. Here;s the template that created that; Dear {{FNAME}}, thank you for your order #{{OID}}. <b>BOLD</b> <i>Italic</i> Summary ------------------------------------------------------ <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td><b>Order Number:</b></td> <td>{{OID}}</td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Detailed Invoice:</b></td> <td>https://template.me.uk/outgoing/account_history_info.php?order_id={{OID}}</td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Date Ordered:</b></td> <td>{{ORDER_DATE}}</td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>Status:</b></td> <td>{{ORDER_STATUS}}</td> </tr> </table> Products ------------------------------------------------------ {{PRODUCTS}} Delivery Address ------------------------------------------------------ {{DELIVERY_ADDRESS}} Billing Address ------------------------------------------------------ {{BILLING_ADDRESS}} Payment Method ------------------------------------------------------ {{PAYMENT_METHOD}} for {{ORDER_VALUE}} A big BIG BIG Thank You from all of us here at Burtys Test Shop!
  23. Dnj1964

Email queuing system

Just got the email below plus the email for order #39 too. Huge space between Summary and order # Gary <oscshops@gmail.com> To:Doug Pleasures Apr. 17 at 3:57 p.m. Dear Doug, thank you for your order #40. BOLD Italic Summary ------------------------------------------------------ Order Number: 40 Detailed Invoice: https://template.me.uk/outgoing/account_history_info.php?order_id=40 Date Ordered: Wednesday 17 April, 2019 Status: Pending Products ------------------------------------------------------ 1 x Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2 1 x Unreal Tournament 1 x Samsung Galaxy Tab 1 x Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100Xi Delivery Address ------------------------------------------------------ Doug Pleasures 99 over-there ave. useless, l9a5d8 one, Belize Billing Address ------------------------------------------------------ Doug Pleasures 99 over-there ave. useless, l9a5d8 one, Belize Payment Method ------------------------------------------------------ Cash on Delivery for $1,414.96 A big BIG BIG Thank You from all of us here at Burtys Test Shop!
  24. burt

Email queuing system

Create Account Email is not part of the Queued Email system (yet). I had turned off one portion of the system to test something and then forgotten to turn it back on! D'oh. It is now turned on again and so you should have received those two product_purchase emails Also in the Queue for you: Thank you very much for testing!
  25. Dnj1964

Email queuing system

Above see a post by Dan Cole with an attached message. Just followed through and received 1 email below, which would be the create an account email. No email from product purchase Gary <oscshops@gmail.com> To:Doug Pleasures Apr. 17 at 3:08 p.m. Dear Mr. Pleasures, We welcome you to Burts Test Shop. You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include: Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out. Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves. Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us. Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers. For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: oscshops@gmail.com. Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to oscshops@gmail.com.
  26. BS4 7.125 After SSL install clicking "ADD TO CART" First has a pop up saying: "The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to send this information?" Clicking "CONTINUE" Sends to https://www.BAD-EXAMPLE.ca/shopping_cart.php And shows your cart is empty. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks .htaccess #redirect index.php to root RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.php\ HTTP/ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ https://www.bad-example.ca/ [R=301,L] #redirect non-www to www RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on [OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.bad-example.ca/$1 [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.bad-example.ca/$1 [R,L] public_html/admin/includes/configure.php define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.bad-exmaple.ca'); define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.bad-exmaple.ca'); define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', ''); define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', ''); define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/'); define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/'); define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/'); define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/'); define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/user55/public_html/'); define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/'); define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/'); define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'yeah-right'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'up-down-all-around'); define('DB_DATABASE', 'user55_indica'); define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); define('CFG_TIME_ZONE', 'UTC'); public_html/admin/includes/configure.php define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.bad-exmaple.ca'); define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.bad-exmaple.ca'); define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', ''); define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', ''); define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shopadmin'); define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shopadmin'); define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.bad-exmaple.ca'); define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.bad-exmaple.ca'); define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/user55/public_html/'); define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shopadmin/'); define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/shopadmin/'); define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/user55/public_html/shopadmin/'); define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/'); define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/user55/public_html/'); define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/'); define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/'); define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/'); define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/'); define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/'); define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/'); define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/'); define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/'); define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'yeah-right'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'up-down-all-around'); define('DB_DATABASE', 'user55_indica'); define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); define('CFG_TIME_ZONE', 'UTC');
  27. Hi Guys! I am wondering if there are any add-ons out there that can integrate osCommerce with QuickBooks Online? I see there is an EZ QuickBooks contribution available, however, it does not specify if it works with the online version of QuickBooks. I'm simply looking for a way to save a tone of time by not having to recreate every online sale I make 1 but 1... it's extremely time-consuming. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
  1. Load more activity