Latest News: (loading..)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. YePix

value output

There are values for shipping costs. 0 stands for the weight and 0.50 is the price. It's just about spending the price.
  4. Hello Everyone A few days ago I questioned whether UPS was having a problem, I also questioned whether UPS Choice 1.8.3 was still a viable shipping module. I have reached the conclusion that it may be time to consider a new module for obtaining UPS rates. Up front, I dislike change and I live by the adage "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" however it is apparent that it is broke and I need to resolve it. Having said that - I really have no idea what is the simplest way to resolve my issue. I am open to any and all suggestions. I simply need to pull and display the rates. I do NOT need to print UPS labels. I do NOT need to schedule UPS Pickups. I do NOT need to acquire UPS tracking. I do NOT need to get anything BUT the rate quotes. I have looked at UPS XML but when I went to UPS to acquire the needed UPS access key - I could not determine whether or not there was a cost associated with it as the questioning was implying that I was applying for my own UPS number which I do NOT have a requirement for. Again any suggestion and/or explanation about the UPS access key would be deeply appreciated. BJ
  5. MrPhil

value output

What kind of data is this in the database? Is it a string (TEXT, etc.)? Is its format consistent, or is it something that could vary quite a bit? By the way, a question like this belongs in PHP / SQL / Web Design.
  6. YePix

value output

Hello everyone, how can I output this value 0: 0.50 from the database as 0.50 on the product page?
  7. Ken_Shea

Alternatives to PayPal

Thanks Ales for the suggestion, I see that they operate globally but do you know if they are a USA company?
  8. René H4

version with php7.2

I would say this is an understatement. 🙂 I also purchased 28d19, and it completely changed the looks and functionality in a positive manner. By the end of Jan. I was in doubt if I would buy it, but now I am very happy with the purchase and looking back there was absolutely no doubt necassary! I must say that I also purchased one of Gary's theme's which I am very happy with, not ot say extremely happy. (One thing I cannot comment on, is the other members add-ons, since I have not installed these.)
  9. Good work, minor error in the attributes query, should read $attributes_query = tep_db_query("select products_attributes_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = " . (int)$products_id); not $attributes_query = tep_db_query("select products_attributes_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = " . (int)$product_id);
  10. Heatherbell

version with php7.2

@Dan Cole Again, pardon my naivety, I didn't know how to help. Our family business relies on Oscommerce and the core of good people here - our thanks to them. We have just purchased his 28 days 2018 and 28 days 2019 and encourage others to do the same. In themselves worth every penny and more - we can unreservedly recommend them to anybody and burt for his kind, patient and professional support - they also work flawlessly (unlike the (deliberately?) badly coded modules recently flooding the forum by one member which help nobody - I smell a rat - let others beware).
  11. Yesterday
  12. Dan Cole

version with php7.2

While Gary won't mention it -- he is far to humble 😀, you can provide support by purchasing one or more of his excellent add-on modules. For details see his Club osC forum. Funds obtained in that way are ear marked by him, so he can to continue provide support for the community versions of osC. Dan
  13. Mr.Raiwa I do apologize I didn't know you were traveling, have a wonderful time and we'll touch base when you come back.
  14. Then please have again a look, there is a content module available. I’m traveling right now and can’t check. See also the modular shopping cart add on.
  15. i am using edge 2.3.4 Discount Codes 4.2 BS
  16. Kevin, it seems there is a misunderstood. please tell us your exact coupon code version and store version. The coupon code Bs this thread is for DOES include the content module for shopping cart and does not require any additional coding. I just had a look on your code and it is for a very outdated oscommerce version. It uses filaname and path constants which the BS community version has removed since time.
  17. Mr.Raiwa I know it doesn't have it, i am building a ajax if you would like i can send you the code so you can improve the coupon code, that is if you would like.
  18. Hello Kevin, Please re-read this part of my answer: Of course, you need to install the content module and you need the BS version. Please believe me, I made this module.
  19. Hello Raiwa, thank you for getting back to me, however paypal express only work you have to go thru the full checkout meaning discount coupon can only apply in the checkout_payment, if i am in the shopping cart upon clicking paypal the code hasn't been implemented, not only that if you add another product you have to type the code again.
  20. Hello Kevin @Kevin.Dallas, It sounds pretty much that you are referring to another or older discount code version. This thread is for Discount Code BS which already does include a content module for shopping_cart.php where to enter the discount code. It works perfectly with PayPal express checkout. If your solution is for another version, please post it in the appropriate support thread. Best regards Rainer
  21. hello everyone, what comes to discount coupon: shopping_cart using paypal express don't have a place to input the coupon code, i am building a ajax so with paypal express from the shopping_cart will work also. 1. codes gets erased when i go thru the checkout again 2. code Discount Coupon ???? applied: doesn't show in shopping_cart.php ------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------ if (!tep_session_unregister('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon'); $coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']); if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) { $payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check(); } if( tep_not_null( $coupon ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) { $order->coupon->verify_code(); if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG != 'true' ) { if( !$order->coupon->is_errors() ) { //if we have passed all tests (no error message), make sure we still meet free shipping requirements, if any if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); } else { if( tep_session_unregister('coupon') ) tep_session_unregister('coupon'); tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART1, 'error_message=' . urlencode( implode( ' ', $order->coupon->get_messages() ) ), 'SSL' ) ); } } } else { if( tep_session_unregister('coupon') ) { tep_session_unregister('coupon'); require_once( DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' ); if( discount_coupon::is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART1, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); } } ----------------------------------------------------------------- <?php if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'false' ) { ?> <div class="shippingcoupon container"> <div class="text-left shipsmday"><?php echo ENTRY_SHIPSAMEDAY;?></div> <div class="shipcouon"> <span><?php echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON;?></span> <?php echo tep_draw_input_fieldclear('coupon', 'if(this.value == &#39;Enter Promo Code Here&#39;) { this.value = &#39;&#39;; }','if(this.value == &#39;Enter Promo Code Here&#39;) { this.value = &#39;&#39;; }', ''.ENTRY_COUPONS.'', $coupon); ?> <?php echo tep_draw_couponcode(IMAGE_BUTTON_APPLY, 'submit', null, 'primary', null, ''); ?> </div> <?php } ?> <br> <div class="container"> <div class="text-rights"> <?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUTS, 'triangle-1-e', null, 'primary'); ?> </div> <?php $initialize_checkout_methods = $payment_modules->checkout_initialization_method(); if (!empty($initialize_checkout_methods)) { ?> <div class="text-rights"><?php echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS; ?></div> <?php reset($initialize_checkout_methods); while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) { ?> <p class="text-right"><?php echo $value; ?></p> <?php } } ?> ----------------------------------------------------------------html------------------------------------------------------ //// // Output COUPON function tep_draw_couponcode($title = null, $icon = null, $link = null, $priority = null, $params = null, $style = null) { static $button_counter = 1; $types = array('coupon', 'button', 'reset'); if ( !isset($params['type']) ) { $params['name'] = 'coupon'; } if ( !in_array($params['name'], $types) ) { $params['name'] = 'coupon'; } if ( ($params['name'] == 'coupon') && isset($link) ) { $params['name'] = 'button'; } if (!isset($priority)) { $priority = 'secondary'; } $button = NULL; if ( ($params['name'] == 'button') && isset($link) ) { $button .= '<a href="' . $link . '"'; if ( isset($params['newwindow']) ) { $button .= ''; } } else { $button .= '<button'; $button .= ' name="' . tep_output_string($params['name']) . '"'; } if ( isset($params['params']) ) { $button .= ' ' . $params['params']; } $button .= 'type="button" onclick="ajaxFunction()" id="couponapplyajax" class="couponapply"'; $button .= 'value="apply">'; $button .= $title; if ( ($params['name'] == 'button') && isset($link) ) { $button .= '</a>'; } else { $button .= '</button>'; } $button_counter++; return $button; } // Rewview Button function tep_draw_reviews($title = null, $icon = null, $link = null, $priority = null, $params = null, $style = null) { static $button_counter = 1; $types = array('submit', 'button', 'reset'); if ( !isset($params['type']) ) { $params['type'] = 'submit'; } if ( !in_array($params['type'], $types) ) { $params['type'] = 'submit'; } if ( ($params['type'] == 'submit') && isset($link) ) { $params['type'] = 'button'; } if (!isset($priority)) { $priority = 'secondary'; } $button = NULL; if ( ($params['type'] == 'button') && isset($link) ) { $button .= '<a href="' . $link . '"'; if ( isset($params['newwindow']) ) { $button .= ' target="_blank"'; } } else { $button .= '<button '; $button .= ' type="' . tep_output_string($params['type']) . '"'; } if ( isset($params['params']) ) { $button .= ' ' . $params['params']; } $button .= ' class="btn '; $button .= (isset($style)) ? $style : 'btn-default'; $button .= '">'; if (isset($icon) && tep_not_null($icon)) { $button .= ' <span class="' . $icon . '"></span> '; } $button .= $title; if ( ($params['type'] == 'button') && isset($link) ) { $button .= '</a>'; } else { $button .= '</button>'; } $button_counter++; return $button; }
  22. @coelroy While you did say that the desire to not use hooks is a 'preference', as others have already stated, there is no benefit to not use them, but several disadvantages to not use them (such as not being able to use existing (and possibly future) add-ons, like the Paypal app, that do use them). Plus, as I understand it, hooks are used in the core code (at least in the Community Edition). So, unless you can provide a specific reason to not use them (other than just a 'preference'), I see no reason to include the option to turn them on or off in any future version of osC. M
  23. OK, I hope this is the correct area to ask this question. I have read the thread and I am confused. I have bootstrap and need to load csv files from many vendors. Will the plugin discussed it this topic work with what I have? I have added the addon easy csv import and it's not working.
  24. It's better to link to the cdn. The chances of the cdn being down is probably less than or the same as your site being down. And it's better for performance reasons. https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/getting-started/introduction/ <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-ggOyR0iXCbMQv3Xipma34MD+dH/1fQ784/j6cY/iJTQUOhcWr7x9JvoRxT2MZw1T" crossorigin="anonymous"> <script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.slim.min.js" integrity="sha384-q8i/X+965DzO0rT7abK41JStQIAqVgRVzpbzo5smXKp4YfRvH+8abtTE1Pi6jizo" crossorigin="anonymous"></script> <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/popper.js/1.14.7/umd/popper.min.js" integrity="sha384-UO2eT0CpHqdSJQ6hJty5KVphtPhzWj9WO1clHTMGa3JDZwrnQq4sF86dIHNDz0W1" crossorigin="anonymous"></script> <script src="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/js/bootstrap.min.js" integrity="sha384-JjSmVgyd0p3pXB1rRibZUAYoIIy6OrQ6VrjIEaFf/nJGzIxFDsf4x0xIM+B07jRM" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
  25. Most definitely yes. Thanks. Wouldn't it so much easier to modify add-ons you want to use, to use hooks (if necessary) rather than modifying the base store to be hookless? Noted, that can be done yes, but on the flip side, do you think in a future version there will be an option to activate or de-activate hooks?
  26. If you want your entire store to be under SSL, you need to change all the HTTP_ entries from http: to https:. It's not just the one Jack mentioned; there are several.
  27. Yes, if the customer's browser doesn't have that file cached, it could be ugly. You can always copy the file to your site, and modify the references to it in your store to point to your local copy. Bootstrap and "hooks" are two entirely separate things. The "CE"/Frozen/Edge versions have both, the official release has neither. Unfortunately, you'll be in for a bit of code editing to either put Bootstrap into the official release (a bad idea anyway, since it still leaves you at PHP 5.4 compatibility) or removing hooks from the CE version (I'm sure that's quite a bit of effort). Wouldn't it so much easier to modify add-ons you want to use, to use hooks (if necessary) rather than modifying the base store to be hookless?
  28. Chadduck

UPS Choice 1.8.3

Thanks Jack I did NOT believe it was just me - BUT strange things happen within the magical world of the internet. BJ
  1. Load more activity