All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ecartz

can't login in shop admin

If the problem is the password in the administrators table, just delete the whole row. Note that sometimes the problem is the htpasswd. If that's it, move out the .htaccess file and .htpasswd_oscommerce file from the admin directory and recreate them again afterward.
  3. ecartz

PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

Why? You don't process the payment until after checkout_confirmation. I.e. you wouldn't send the order number to the payment processor until after checkout_confirmation. The checkout payment page doesn't need an order number, as it only collects data from the customer, not the payment processor.
  4. bart1230

can't login in shop admin

Error Error: Invalid administrator login attempt. We tried to edit phpMyAdmin FROM `administrators` password, that didn't work. Is there any suggestions to correct this login problem. Thanks
  5. Today
  6. If your still wondering is it worth me updating my old slow website? Now may be a good time to make a start. 😂 or you may be named and shamed in the future by Chrome. https://blog.chromium.org/2019/11/moving-towards-faster-web.html Google is looking to see if they can name and shame slow websites so users will know before they try and use them. It's still experimental but it's bound to happen at some point. The basic idea is Chrome will show a badge or marker agains any slow to load website so users can select to use or not. "Our plan to identify sites that are fast or slow will take place in gradual steps, based on increasingly stringent criteria. Our long-term goal is to define badging for high-quality experiences, which may include signals beyond just speed. We are building out speed badging in close collaboration with other teams exploring labelling the quality of experiences at Google. We believe this will ensure that if you are optimizing your site to be fast, your site will not be inconsistently badged from one surface to another." So best get moving.....😉 Oh and yes they clearly still need to work on this as the green progress bar to show fast sites is a bit lame! you can hardly see it on mobile devices.
  7. azpro

😂 I have to agree with @BrockleyJohn .. Actually I think an ordernumber should be created on chekcout_payment.php and order should be stored in DB immediately at checkout_process.php .. The need for it would probably depend on different Payment Service Providers / Gateways but in my experience the ones I have seen could be handled better with an existing/created ordernumber. Actually this was one of the first changes we did some 15 years ago when we started to use oSC.
  8. BrockleyJohn

For payment methods like cash on delivery, phone or bank transfer the order must also be created before you get the payment or you wouldn't know how much they were supposed to pay you or what to ship! When the payment method involves routing the customer to another site for the process to be completed, there is the possiblity that they don't return even if they have paid. If you don't record the order before they leave, you may have no record of what they bought; you might just get an email from the payment provider that says Joe Soap paid you $57. Even if you have passed all the order info to the payment provider and it's included in the order information, you still have to type it all in again to record the order on your system if they don't come back. Even if all of your customers always pay, your payment provider will always want to record an order reference against the payment processing. If you create the order when the customer comes back from paying, you don't know for sure what the order number is going to be. You can make an educated guess that it will be the next order number in the sequence but you can't be sure, if two customers are paying at around the same time, who will finish first. So you need to reserve the order number that's going to be used before the customer goes to pay (which is what happens when you create the order beforehand and will mean you get gaps in order numbers even if you don't create them first) or you have to invent a completely parallel alternative order reference number separate from the order number and not ending sequentially and make sure it's unique. TL;DR if you don't want gaps in order references you have to invent another order reference scheme that doesn't have a sequential number on the end and use that instead of orders_id. Otherwise they are as unavoidable as death and taxes.
  9. ecartz

install 2.3 modules to Phoenix?

The change was here. define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/'); define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/'); define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/'); define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/'); define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/'); define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/'); define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/'); define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/'); Which if we hardcode paths in it would become define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/'); define('DIR_WS_ICONS', 'images/icons/'); define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/'); define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', 'includes/functions/'); define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', 'includes/classes/'); define('DIR_WS_MODULES', 'includes/modules/'); define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', 'includes/languages/'); define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/'); Replace occurrences of the values on the left (without quotes) with the values on the right (with quotes retained). If you have two hardcoded strings together, e.g. 'images/' . 'icons/' You can merge them like 'images/icons/' That makes no functional difference, but it may make them easier to read.
  10. Jack_mcs

HoneyPot Captcha

This will be stopped by the next version of HP since it would fail on the postal code entry. I plan to get it uploaded soon. If you offer more than one country to your customers, I suggest installing one of the Country-State addons. It adds the select option, or you can preset it to a particular country, and it will change the states/provinces to match the chosen country. That probably won't make a difference with the spammers since they usually bypass the form and, I assume, set dropdowns to some figure, though maybe not. But it is a nice feature to offer to your customers and if it also stops the spammers that would be nice.
  11. wetzel

very strange session variable behavior

Thank you Matt! I had tried most everything you mention, but I had not actually experimented with a different browser! Seriously. So it seemed to work fine in Safari with the problem occurring in Chrome. I reset to default settings under security in Chrome and now it appears to work. If anyone has an idea as to why this was happening, it might be helpful someday for a customer. Otherwise, that's that. Thank you!
  12. milerwan

@Lochlann 2.3 BS "shipping" modules, as "order_total" modules, must work on Phoenix, the only difference must reside in the upgrade of icons (if there is any), BS4 "grids" stucture, filenames and path constants like @raiwa said. Try to install a module and if there is a problem it will be necessary to rectify the points previously discussed.
  13. raiwa

Here the old version of the includes/configure.php. Compare to yours and you'll see the constants which have been removed: configure.php Meanwhile, the first thing you could do when you have a shipping module updated, upload it to the Marketplace to share it with others.
  14. Lochlann

All others listed I understood. I understand about hardcoding paths, but there is no old store to compare too. This is a semi fresh install of Phoenix (couple Phoenix modules added) It's just that Phoenix (In my opinion) is really lacking when it comes to modules (I'm sure this will change in due time though). For example; I can't find any shipping/tracking modules and they are definitely needed.
  15. mhsuffolk

HoneyPot Captcha

Still getting these, followed by Password reset and then a contact us attempt which is being stopped by Honeypot. They must have Java off as I have hard coded the create_account code to display UK as default hence Afghanistan appearing. Suggestion, as Afghanistan is 1 could we create a country named "Select Country" and number it 0 using a SQL query. You would then replace in create_account.php echo tep_get_country_list(NULL, 'required aria-required="true" aria-describedby="atCountry" id="inputCountry"'); With echo tep_get_country_list('country','0', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" aria-describedby="atCountry" id="inputCountry"'); Then get Honeypot to look for country 0 and then snag it? Just a thought as this is a recurring pattern that could be exploited by Honeypot
  16. Hello again. I’m almost done testing and getting my 2.3.4 non-BS PHP 5.6 site moved over to Phoenix and the only things I’m struggling to get working Are sub categories in the Nav menu and Customer Input on product boxes. Sub-categories work right now if I go to say DVDs I can see Horror or action to use examples, but i would like the Nav to expand to see them in the menu as well. Is this possible? Is there a mod for this? (Ideally a horizontal Nav as well but I haven’t found that yet, but vertical still works and looks nice). the second and more pressing issue right now is a customer input field. It was a product option that came over that if used has a $ amount. So if the customer is ordering an add on and gives a description of how to apply it we charge the fee for the add on. CUSTOMER_INPUT appears as a $3 drop box and not a text box. I think this was something in OSC 2.3.4 that needed a check statement but not sure if it’s the same in Phoenix. any help on these two is appreciated.
  17. Lochlann

Making Phoenix Invoice look a bit better

I wish my coding skills were of such. I'm more of a grab a module and follow the directions precisely kind of person.
  18. JcMagpie

I don't think that the core code makes any distinction between a customer if the company name is used or not so you would need to do this as a mod. 1) Simple opton have two sections in your stock terms file so no code change required. 2) Add a simple "if" statment to check if company name sothing like "if ($company == 'true')" and if used show second terms.
  19. raiwa

Most modules will need the following updates: replace the class constructor name (first function in the module) to "__construct" for PHP 7 compatibility replace the path constants like "DIR_WS_INCLUDES" to hardcoded paths like "'includes/' FOr to know which have been removed compare the "includes/configure.php" files from your old store to the Phoenix files. The definitions which are not in Phoenix any more need to be replaced replace all database table names like "TABLE_CONFIGURATION" with hardcoded real names "'configuration'" if the module produces any html output, it might need to be updated to bootstrap 4. if the module uses any jquery script, it must be injected now in the footer script area. compare to some ht modules how it is done there Best is to have al look in the supplied core modules and compare
  20. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but after searching through 50 pages my ADD took over so here I am asking; sorry. I have not touched osCommerce since 2.3.0. I do understand that the modules were not written for Phoenix, but in order to have a good shop one needs various shipping modules (ex. FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Canada Post, USPS, DHL, etc) as well as a few other modules (ex. choose quantity on product info page among others). I have not yet been able to find any for Phoenix. Is it possible to install some of the older ones into Phoenix? I don't mind tinkering with the code, but I want to check the possibilities before starting to tinker. Some of the screenshots I have seen for modules I have installed you can clearly see activated modules that I cannot seem to find for Phoenix anywhere. Thanks so much in advance. Phoenix v1.0.3.0 (Semi Fresh Install)
  21. JcMagpie

Take your constant shilling to another thread 😂 It's of no intrest here.
  22. Heatherbell

Glad you found Phoenix - you would be advised to join the Phoenix Club and become a supporter there - linked below.
  23. Lochlann

Excellent find these were. Thanks so much. I'm new to Phoenix (haven't created any osCommerce sites since 2.3.0). The only thing that I think could make the invoice better is a call to display a different "NOTICE" & "TERMS" at the bottom "if" the customer entered a "Company Name" in their account otherwise it would just show the default "NOTICE" & "TERMS".
  24. Xeretha

adding to specials and whats new boxes

Thanks for the help, friends.
  25. raiwa

KissIT Image Thumnailer

1. paste again the whole tep_image function into your html_output.php 2. if you get again the same error, upload your file here (without any modification, comment etc.) 3. try with my modified file: html_output.php I had a look on the source code of your store index page and got the following wrong html: title="Shiny Red Apples" alt="Shiny Red Apples" class=img-fluid" card-img-top" /> on my test store I get this: title="Shiny Red Apples" alt="Shiny Red Apples" class="img-fluid card-img-top" /> Do you see the wrong placed double quotes in the image class? You must have applied a wrong modification.
  26. 14steve14

Weekly sales reporting in admin help needed

I will take a look at this when time allows later this week. Thanks for the input.
  27. MyBookShop

KissIT Image Thumnailer

Thank you for your response Raiwa. The cut and paste is fine, I have two Frozen sites perfect. And now a new site. Installation showed all green ticks for compatibility. As I said the original code installed with this module leaves me with a blank website. As stated this is a vanilla install with just this mod. The above prior changes gave me back my website with images but the images were stretched horizontally. -------------------------------------- I have now changed code to this, and it gives me my site with the images not stretched but also not centered on the main page only (index.php) the (product_info) pages appear to be centered. ... require_once 'includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/classes/Image_Helper.php'; $attributes = array( 'alt' => $alt, 'width' => $width, 'height' => $height ); $image = null; if (tep_not_null($width) && tep_not_null($height)) { $image .= ' width="' . tep_output_string($width) . '" height="' . tep_output_string($height) . '"'; } $bs_parameters = ' class=img-fluid"'; // if (tep_not_null($responsive) && ($responsive === true)) { // $bs_parameters .= 'img-fluid'; //not working // $bs_parameters .= 'img-responsive'; //works // } -------------------------------------- I'm no coder. Rawia I'm just trying to get this plugin to work on my config. I'm not saying this is a solution, just that it brings the site back for me. It appears to me that some parameters are not being added together or passed through to other functions or are the incorrect type, but the log shows no such error. As stated I'm trying to tell you what I'm doing to get my site up in case anybody else has this trouble and diagnose if there is a problem that only manifests on some configs. I really would appreciate any help, can provide you (Raiwa) with site access if you like, Thankyou. Mark http://www.143books.com.au/index.php
  1. Load more activity