DunWeb, on 07 February 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:
osCommerce 2.2 and 2.3.1 are supported on this forum, by VOLUNTEERS so when you don't receive an immediately reply, it means nobody is around to help at that time.
As Nick suggested above, the best way is to create a new v2.3.1 site and then integrate your current database into the new site. TRY TO DO IT ! Then post any error messages or issues so we can help you with them.
I am aware that it is volunteer-supported, and have no complaint about that. However, your response is not helpful at all, only critical. I think my explanation of my frustration was accurate. I'VE TRIED TRO DO A NUMER OF THINGS.
Here is my exact situation:
1. I've had a running 2.2 installation for several years on a server, that some time ago was upgraded to PHP5. At that time, OSC presented some problems, which I believe were remedied with an added PHP.ini file.
2. Now, for no known reason, the installation has stopped working, returning the following error: http://redlinephotos.com/catalog/ Addressing
the Register Globals issue, either in .htaccess, or in a separate php.ini file only produces a different internal server misconfiguration.
3. After not having any luck fixing that problem, I decided to try to move the installation to a different server, also PHP5 however. The move seems to go OK, and the home page displayed. However, none of the category links worked, and I could not write anything new to the DB. I investigated path issues in both configure files, and fixed any errors. Still no luck.
4. Next, I tried installing a new 2.3.1 installation, which went OK, however, on my latest effort, I cannot get the admin login to work. It just keeps telling me it is incorrect, when I know it is correct.
5. On the the one time that I was able to get both the front and back end to work on this new installation, I tried to migrate the old 2.2 database tables, just as Nick described above. That did not work at all, as there seems to be a LOT more going on that just the four tables that he mentioned.
Right now, I am taking a break from this, but before I give up completely, I am hoping that somebody can offer some insight on how to best proceed?