Here are a few simple steps that can go a long way to in your quest for osCommerce knowledge.
1) Click on the "Advanced Usage Help" link. It's really not just for long complicated searches; but rather gives some valuable insight into how to search more effectively.
2) Use the + symbol to require a specific word to be in the search results. For example, if you want to know more about optimizing your site for Google, consider the following searches:
- Google Search Engine Optimization (returns 24789 results!)
- +Google +Search +Engine +Optimization (returns 51 results)
- +Google +SEO (returns 166 results)
- "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?" (Search fails because some words are too short)
- Welcome Guest (returns 2076 results!)
- "Welcome Guest!" (returns 292 results)