• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation errors

when i am copying the catalog folder onto my server

half way though i get an error that reads

"An error occurred copying a file to the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server.

Details:

The connection with the server was reset."

and when i try to delete some of the folders so i can copy everything again

i get the errors

"An error occured deleting the file or folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access this folder

Details:

550 graphs: Directory not empty"

and it always seems to be on that graphs folder... i can delete everythign inside it just not the folder itself

i use dreamhost.com to host my stuff and i think they have everything set up correctly

Try just uploading one graphic to see if that's just the problem.

If that doesn't give you any problem then try not uploading all of the files at once. Try uploading the files before it gives you that error. Then disconnect and close your ftp client. Then open it again and try to upload the rest.

For the error when deleting the directory you have to go into each directory and delete all of the files in it. Then you should be able to delete it. Let me know if you have any problems.

and it always seems to be on that graphs folder... i can delete everythign inside it just not the folder itself

i use dreamhost.com to host my stuff and i think they have everything set up correctly

The reason for that is that many ftp programs don't show you files that start with "." .

They're in there, cvs info and so on.

I learned the hard way. You need to set the ftp program to show them or use a different progam.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Try just uploading one graphic to see if that's just the problem.

If that doesn't give you any problem then try not uploading all of the files at once. Try uploading the files before it gives you that error. Then disconnect and close your ftp client. Then open it again and try to upload the rest.

For the error when deleting the directory you have to go into each directory and delete all of the files in it. Then you should be able to delete it. Let me know if you have any problems.

ya i went and deleted all the files inside the directory but still couldnt delete the folder

i will look into the hidden files thing and also try uploading parts at a time

thanks for the help

ok going little by little seemed to help

now i just have to wait until my database gets activated and i am sure i will have a ton more questions :P

installation went fine until i got these errors

Warning: fopen(/home/......./....../catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

in /home/....../....../....../catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

is my path wrong or something?

(i put dots where my domain is just for this example)

but it does says the configuration was successful other than those errors

i can open my catalog but not hte admin tool

Archived