Automatically send data feed to Froogle

• Please log in to reply
3346 replies to this topic

#3241   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 16:12

You can edit it that file it won't gain you anything. Google doesn't require a certain layout nor will they pay attention to a changed one.

#3242   videod

videod
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 23:14

Hi Jack

Thank you for the reply

I spoke to my host and they said its because they do not support the ftp_connect()

Shared hosting will not allow you to FTP from Godaddy, and that may be the same if you are using shared hosting... or a bad hosting service. However, you can pull the feed via FTP from Google, TheFind and Bing. They all have that mechanism in place. Google and The Find are easy to find in their dashboards. Bing's you will have to dig for it under Tools/FTP Settings. Good luck.

Edited by videod, 21 June 2012 - 23:20.

#3243   rw72

rw72
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:55

Hello,

i had include the addon.
But when i create the Google data feed i became the error:
Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /homepages/1/d12345678/htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 68

What is my mistake
Best regards

#3244   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:28

That's a problem in the USU5 contribution. You should ask your question there.

#3245   rw72

rw72
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 16:09

But i became the error only when i use the contribution.
On the History are special Downloads from googlefeeder.php for SEO.

#3246   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 18:49

If you turn off that contribution and turn the seo option off in the googlefeeder.php file, does the error still occur? If not, it is a problem with that contribution. If it does, then you have something wrong in your setup since this contribution won't be using that contribution at that point.

#3247   rw72

rw72
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:30

I had in the googlefeeder.php set to false an in the admin i set the seo to false.
I became the error:
Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /homepages/1/d123456789/htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 68
Best regards

#3248   gaspower

gaspower
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11

Hello,

When I have products_model enabled I get a error on the upload (Unrecognized attribute: model). Should this option be disabled?

JR

#3249   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 13:24

I had in the googlefeeder.php set to false an in the admin i set the seo to false.
I became the error:
Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /homepages/1/d123456789/htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 68
Best regards

The error is telling you you need to contact the developer of SEO 5.

#3250   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 13:27

Hello,

When I have products_model enabled I get a error on the upload (Unrecognized attribute: model). Should this option be disabled?

JR

The feed should be accepted without that option set. But the error sounds like it is saying it is looking for an attribute so you may have the options setup incorrectly.

#3251   IWAS

IWAS
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 17:21

With googles new switching to paid listings, I have switched to Bing shopping and have started using bingfeeder.php

The problem I am having is the availability column is not acceptable as a 1 to bing. I get the following. Unknown product StockStatus listed in feed. Use only 'In stock', 'Out of Stock', 'Pre-Order' and 'Back-Order'

I have gone in and manually changed the feed file replacing all 1 with In stock, and it works that way, but is there some code I can add to bingfeeder.php so it does it automatically?

#3252   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 17:31

With googles new switching to paid listings, I have switched to Bing shopping and have started using bingfeeder.php

The problem I am having is the availability column is not acceptable as a 1 to bing. I get the following. Unknown product StockStatus listed in feed. Use only 'In stock', 'Out of Stock', 'Pre-Order' and 'Back-Order'

I have gone in and manually changed the feed file replacing all 1 with In stock, and it works that way, but is there some code I can add to bingfeeder.php so it does it automatically?

You can compare the bingfeeder file with the googlefeeder file and copy the code that has to do with availability and then change the types of availability options.

#3253   IWAS

IWAS
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 20:04

Thanks Jack, but I give up I have tried including the availability from googlefeeder and I am just getting a blank field, so I hard coded it.

#3254   ggrant3

ggrant3
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 17:25

Jack,

Can you explain how I would setup weight based shipping in the googlefeeder file?

I went through and see the area (in the googlefeeder.php file) where it shows options based on type of shipping (like ground, overnight, 2 day, and I can enter in my own values.

But I can't figure out how to have it setup with a weight based scale, like I use in osc. For example, up to 1lb $3.40, 1.01 lbs to 3lbs $4.20, 3.01 lbs to 6.0lbs $5.00

#3255   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 17:37

Jack,

Can you explain how I would setup weight based shipping in the googlefeeder file?

I went through and see the area (in the googlefeeder.php file) where it shows options based on type of shipping (like ground, overnight, 2 day, and I can enter in my own values.

But I can't figure out how to have it setup with a weight based scale, like I use in osc. For example, up to 1lb $3.40, 1.01 lbs to 3lbs $4.20, 3.01 lbs to 6.0lbs $5.00

You can't do that in the settings, as far as I know. But you can setup such an option in the googlebase shipping section, last I looked.

#3256   ggrant3

ggrant3
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 18:10

You can't do that in the settings, as far as I know. But you can setup such an option in the googlebase shipping section, last I looked.

Okay. Thanks.

I also found my problem. My feed was being "disapproved" because it said the shipping wasn't defined. But it was all setup in my "settings" section of my google merchant account.

What I found is there is a checkbox there too, marked "default" it wasn't clicked. So everything should be good again now.

But if anyone else has this issue, click the default checkbox.

#3257   Paul Baglin

Paul Baglin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 15:38

I've just installed the add on and have been getting the feed and loading it manually up to Google Shopping.

However, I'm getting crawl errors with the links supplied in my feed.

Using 'Fetch as Google' I'm getting 200 OK responses to my bog standard html pages and images etc., but any php script in OsCommerce is being returned as a 500 internal server error, so as Google can't crawl/access my OSC pages it won't display my items in Google Shopping.

Does anybody have any idea whats causing the error?

Thanks.

#3258   Hoezozinloos

Hoezozinloos
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 13:23

I have this module installed, when I click on "Create and do not upload a Google Base data feed" I get an empty googlebase.txt can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

#3259   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,506 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 14:06

I have this module installed, when I click on "Create and do not upload a Google Base data feed" I get an empty googlebase.txt can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

IT is probably due to the language. If you are using the latest version, the language should be figured out automatically but that may be failing for some reason. You will need to determine the ID of the default language and change the setting in the googlefeeder.php file to use it.

#3260   JoeySchmoe

JoeySchmoe
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:14

Has anything changed very recently on Google Merchant feeds? On Friday we submitted our standard feed (7,000+ products) we've been doing for months, no issues. Today we submit with a few minor changed and we get "0 of 7,000 items inserted". Can't seem to find an issue. anyone having similar problems?

Thanks!