Automatically send data feed to Froogle

• Please log in to reply
3380 replies to this topic

#2901   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 19:13

No, there are not any newer instructions but I assumed since you were asking a question about the googlefeeder that you were looking in its instructions. Step 6 states

Your right and the Googlefeeder requires VErsion Checker which needs to be edited. My issue is in the editing of Versionchecker which is needed to make Googlefeeder work. So, now we get to my problem right. All are installed but I get the error that says I need to install Versionchecker. Any ideas? I will email you my edited VErsionchecker file?
Greg

#2902   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 23:12

Your right and the Googlefeeder requires VErsion Checker which needs to be edited. My issue is in the editing of Versionchecker which is needed to make Googlefeeder work. So, now we get to my problem right. All are installed but I get the error that says I need to install Versionchecker. Any ideas? I will email you my edited VErsionchecker file?
Greg

I don't know how else to state it. This contribution does not require the Version Checker contribution. If you want to use it though, you just need to do as the instructions state and upload the files. No editing required!

#2903   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 20:03

I don't know how else to state it. This contribution does not require the Version Checker contribution. If you want to use it though, you just need to do as the instructions state and upload the files. No editing required!

OK,
I have gotten past all then installing and version checker problems. But I still have issues. When I Tools> Google Base> Create and Do Not Upload Googlebase Datafeed The program opens a new windows and then does nothing. No text no error? Any ideas. Do you thikn I edited the googlefeeder.php wrong. If so do you have an email I and email the googlefeeder.php to? I don't want to post it in the public.
Thank You

#2904   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 23:35

OK,
I have gotten past all then installing and version checker problems. But I still have issues. When I Tools> Google Base> Create and Do Not Upload Googlebase Datafeed The program opens a new windows and then does nothing. No text no error? Any ideas. Do you thikn I edited the googlefeeder.php wrong. If so do you have an email I and email the googlefeeder.php to? I don't want to post it in the public.
Thank You

My guess is that you made a mistake in the edit of the googlefeeder.php file and an error is occurring. Your host probably has error reporting turned off so you wouldn't see the error. You should try redoing the file first and if it still fails, contact your host and ask them to see if it is causing an error.

#2905   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:35

My guess is that you made a mistake in the edit of the googlefeeder.php file and an error is occurring. Your host probably has error reporting turned off so you wouldn't see the error. You should try redoing the file first and if it still fails, contact your host and ask them to see if it is causing an error.

Heres the wau I edited it. Do you see any problems?

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

define('SEO_ENABLED','true'); //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'nfgfeed.txt'); //from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'niagarafallsgallery.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'ftpniagarafallsgallery'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0')); //set to 0 to disable 1 to enable
define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required
define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'USD'); //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1); //Change this to the id of your language. BY default 1 is english
define('QUOTES_CATEGORY_NAME',''); //if the Quotes contribution is installed, enter the name of the quotes category here

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ATTRIBUTES', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_EXPIRATION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_QUANTITY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GTIN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_UTM', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ISBN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MANUFACTURER', 0); //displays the manufacturer name
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_MODEL', 0); //displays the product model
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT', 0);

//the following only matter if the matching option is enabled above.
define('OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE', '20-90 years');
define('OPTIONS_BRAND', '');
define('OPTIONS_CONDITION', 'New'); //possible entries are New, Refurbished, Used
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'USD');
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FEED_LANGUAGE', 'en');
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_GOOGLE_UTM', '?utm_source=GoogleBase1&utm_medium=BaseFeed1&utm_campaign=products'); //see http://www.google.co...en&answer=55578
define('OPTIONS_GTIN', '');
define('OPTIONS_ISBN', '');
define('OPTIONS_MADE_IN', 'US');
define('OPTIONS_MANUFACTURERS_NAME_IGNORE', ''); //list if comma separated manufacturer names to be skipped - e.g. Matrox,Fox
define('OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', ''); //Acceptable values: Cash, Check, GoogleCheckout, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, wiretransfer
define('OPTIONS_PRODUCT_TYPE', 'full'); //full means the full category path (i.e., hardware,printers), anything else, or blank, means just the products category (i.e., printers)

//the following is for the shipping override option - enter multiple values separated by a comma
//Format entries follow. A colon must be present for each field, whether it is entered or not.
// COUNTRY - OPTIONAL - If country isn't included, we'll assume the shipping price applies to the target country of the item. If region isn't included, the shipping price will apply across the entire country.
// REGION - OPTIONAL - blank for entire country, otherwise, us two-letter State (CA), full zip code (90210) or wildcard zip code (902*)
// SERVICE - OPTIONAL - The service class or delivery speed, i.e. ground
// PRICE - REQUIRED - Fixed shipping price (assumes the same currency as the price attribute)
define('OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING', 'US:FL:Ground:7.00'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

//the following is for the tax override option - enter multiple values separated by a comma
//Format entries follow. A colon must be present for each field, whether it is entered or not.
// COUNTRY - OPTIONAL - country the tax applies to - only US for now
// REGION - OPTIONAL - blank for entire country, otherwise, us two-letter State (CA), full zip code (90210) or wildcard zip code (902*)
// TAX - REQUIRED - default = 0 (e.g. for 5.76% tax use 5.76)
// SHIPPING - OPTIONAL - do you charge tax on shipping - choices are y or n
define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING', 'US:FL:5.00:n'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

define('OPTIONS_UPC', '');
define('OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', 'lb'); //Valid units include lb, pound, oz, ounce, g, gram, kg, kilogram.

//the following allow skipping certain items
define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 1); //0 = include products with qty of 0 in output, 1 = ignore products with qty of 0

/*************** END MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

#2906   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:13

Heres the wau I edited it. Do you see any problems?

No, I don't.

#2907   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:39

No, I don't.

My Website provider is APLUS.NET Since I installed your Google feed and then two others GoogleData Feeds and none have worked and now I installed your again meticulously. I have to think this is a server issue. Have you heard anything about APLUS.NET hosting and OSCOMMERCE?

#2908   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:43

No, I don't.

I just got this from provider after installing your feed. Any ideas?

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /services4/webpages/util/g/c/gchase.myutilitydomain.com/niagarafallsgallery.com/public/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 101

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/services/websoftware/zend.php5/pear') in /services4/webpages/util/g/c/gchase.myutilitydomain.com/niagarafallsgallery.com/public/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 101

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /services4/webpages/util/g/c/gchase.myutilitydomain.com/niagarafallsgallery.com/public/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 102

#2909   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:52

I just got this from provider after installing your feed. Any ideas?

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /services4/webpages/util/g/c/gchase.myutilitydomain.com/niagarafallsgallery.com/public/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 101

The error means you have the seo option enabled in the settings but don't have the Ultimate SEO V2.2d contribution installed. You either need to turn off that setting or install that contribution.

#2910   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 13:11

The error means you have the seo option enabled in the settings but don't have the Ultimate SEO V2.2d contribution installed. You either need to turn off that setting or install that contribution.

Cool. I think we are getting somewhere. Now I am getting this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /services4/webpages/util/g/c/gchase.myutilitydomain.com/niagarafallsgallery.com/public/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 13

my Line 13 is

define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0')); //set to 0 to disable

I don't see the error, do you?

#2911   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 13:22

Cool. I think we are getting somewhere. Now I am getting this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /services4/webpages/util/g/c/gchase.myutilitydomain.com/niagarafallsgallery.com/public/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 13

my Line 13 is

define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0')); //set to 0 to disable

I don't see the error, do you?

The code in the contribution doesn't have any such coding problems so any errors you are seeing are from some change you made. Try using a clean file and make the changes one at a time.

#2912   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 13:59

The code in the contribution doesn't have any such coding problems so any errors you are seeing are from some change you made. Try using a clean file and make the changes one at a time.

OK, I installed it 3 times. still getting error

Here are lines 1-13. Any ideas?

<?php
// Title: Google Base Data Feeder
// Last Update: 12/25/09 by Jack_mcs at oscommerce-solution.com

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

define('SEO_ENABLED','false'); //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'nfgtext.txt'); //from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'niagarafallsgallery.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'ftpniagarafallsgallery'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXXXXXXX'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0' )); //set to 0 to disable

#2913   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 14:21

I just noticed that is you don't count the blank lines your line 13 would be

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1);

And from there on all lines don't have ' ' quotes. Notice your line did't put '1' like in all the preceeding lines and all lines thereafter don't have quote.

Don't know here. Just something I noticed
Thanks for all your help
Greg

#2914   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 15:20

I just noticed that is you don't count the blank lines your line 13 would be

I have it working. Wow what a pain. Don't know what it was.

Thanks for all your help
Greg

#2915   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 15:45

Now that I have the Froogle Data feed installed. What add-on's would you suggest?
Thanks,
Greg

#2916   niagarafallsgallery

niagarafallsgallery
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:51

I have the data feed installed and it is working properly and uploading properly. Google has just posted my items and they all have broken links. The data feed is creating the urls

niagarafallsgallery.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

They should have the /catalog directory after the .com to workright. Is should look like this

niagarafallsgallery.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29

What would I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Greg

Edited by niagarafallsgallery, 02 August 2011 - 11:02.

#2917   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:46

I have the data feed installed and it is working properly and uploading properly. Google has just posted my items and they all have broken links. The data feed is creating the urls

niagarafallsgallery.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

They should have the /catalog directory after the .com to workright. Is should look like this

niagarafallsgallery.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29

What would I do to fix this?

Change the domain name setting.

#2918   catlover

catlover
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 16:19

Hi Jack,

I read this link regarding upcoming changes to Google Product Search. What changes would be needed to accomodate the availability, Google product category and additional images attributes?

Thanks for the fantastic contribution!

Regards,
Joe

#2919   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 17:08

Hi Jack,

I read this link regarding upcoming changes to Google Product Search. What changes would be needed to accomodate the availability, Google product category and additional images attributes?

Thanks for the fantastic contribution!

The availability and product category will require additional fields in the database unless those are fixed. For example, some shops are never out of stock for any of their products so a new database field is not needed. But if stock is an issue, then it will have to be added and populated. Adding the field can be easily done with my "Add More Fields" contribution. Populating it will be up to the shop owner, as with any such field. The same is true for the product category. That option doesn't apply to all shops and can be ignored. But if your shop needs it, then a new field will have to be added and populated. The additional images is optional. I haven't thought it through as to how to code it since there are a number of additional images type addons available and code will have to be added to handle the fields so that this contribution works with all of them.

If you want to edit the file yourself and you don't need the extra database fields, then there are two changes (column heading and column data) that needs to be changed. It is not difficult if you are familiar with making such edits but it isn't something I would go over in a support thread, due to time limits.

#2920   Boca Raton E-Commerce LLC

Boca Raton E-Commerce LLC
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 22:54

Hi, I am trying to install this contribution on osc 2.3.1. In you instructions it is stated:

Upload all of the files in the catalog directory to the correct
location on your server. If you have a 2.3, or above, shop, then
delete the feeders.php file and rename the feeders_2.3_only.php to
feeders.php.

However, the zip contributions file downloaded form
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513
does not include feeders_2.3_only.php file.

I appreciate any help around.
Thanks,
brec
Regards,
Walter
www.dealsproshop.com