#41   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 15:55

you have forgotten to tell in the readme :
insert in filenames.php
define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

Actually I didn't forget to include it in the readme... I forgot to change the use of that define to:

FILENAME_LOGIN

Which is already defined. ALL CORE file names are defined by OSC, I just forgot to do that. I will get it in the next release, which because of this, will be very soon.

My bad, I was thinking of the catalogs filenames.php and that it is not in the ADMIN's filenames.php /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I will add that back to the readme right away /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#42   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 16:07

I am going to try to release 1.3 today. Goals for it are to fix the missing item from the readme file, optimize the aquiring of attributes, and even if I can optimize it I will still add a CONFIG VARIABLE for enabling and disabling this information some sites don't use attributes some do, some care some don't.

Also I have obtained the German Language files from BodyFeelings, I would love to get more Language files, especially French and Spanish before I release 1.3 today. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Thanks for all the feedback ... keep it up ... Met00 you have been awfully quiet,, that worries me... /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

-Aalst

#43   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 16:33

OKAY.... I was able to optimize the code for the attributes, it is about as tight as it can get. It should a lot better now. I still added the CONFIG VARIABLE for it and the default is FALSE, not to show the attributes. I have also added the German Lanuage files, and have fixed the readme.

I would like to hear some more feedback about 1.2 , and get some more language files before I release 1.3.

Are there any bugs in the RCS Tool that need to be fixed over an above those already stated in this message as being fixed?? (Met00??)

Thanks..

-Aalst

#44   Met00

Met00
  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 16:57

Are there any bugs in the RCS Tool that need to be fixed over an above those already stated in this message as being fixed?? (Met00??)

Believe it or not, I've been so busy running my bloody store that I haven't had the chance to upgrade yet. /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Today looks like a normal "slow" Saturday, so I'll put the latest release in and see how it runs.
The king of kluge...
Do you really know what is and isn't working in your store?

#45   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 16:59

Secondly a suggestion. I like many people have a problem with World Pay and people not clicking through to checkout_sucsess.php and therefore I never receive the order into the store.

Because this is off topic, this will be my only reply to this in here, if you want to discuss it more create a new topic, or PM me. Therefore do not reply to this message in here, it will be ignored. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I use a few 3rd party payment options myself but I never have this problem, even when people do not complete the transaction all the way. Example with PayPal IPN the contrib as soon as the person CONFIRMS the order and then is sent to PayPal the order is placed in a PayPal Pending status. I can access the order from the orders menu. PayPal IPN contrib given you the option of remove items from inventory right away or only after payment has been confirmed. This is a nice feature.

However, even with the other 3rd party payment contribs I have, that do not return the user to my site, their order is still placed in the Pending status and fully accessable. If your contrib is not handling this correctly then you should look to fixing the WorldPay contrib or taking this issue to a WorldPay topic and following up with it there.

-Aalst

#46   freerap

freerap
  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 17:06

Apologies if my post has caused a problem. I only mentioned it as a reason for including the attributes in the contri.

#47   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 17:09

Apologies if my post has caused a problem. I only mentioned it as a reason for including the attributes in the contri.

Your reason for posting it was NOT off-topic, my reply to it was off-topic. So no need to apologize.

Edited by Aalst, 29 November 2003 - 17:10.

#48   solardirect

solardirect
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 19:27

Installed latest version 1.2

Installation ok except when I go to run the report in tools. My server comes to a standstill and the window is taking a longgggg time and not finishing. I got the 30 sec timeout message before I set $BASE_DAYS = 10; to $BASE_DAYS = 1, and now it just nevers finishes. Server and all web sites basically stop. I have a lot of attributes, and about 100 abandoned carts...but of course probably only a few in the last 1 day.

Any ideas?

Hosting OSC2/MS2 on Linux Redhat8.0 w/MySql on fast server and 1024k pipe.
Boom... Big butta boom.

#49   bodyfeelings

bodyfeelings
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 19:59

@solardirect

read this

2. The new script needs much more time to do his job. In my onlineshop I have about 40 carts open. If I start the recover_cart_sales.php it will stop after 30 seconds with the following errormessage:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/web62/html/bf/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

OK, now I've set the vaalue from $BASE_DAYS = 10; to $BASE_DAYS = 5;
Than it will work. But the old query was much faster. What can You (I) do to make the new one as fast as the old one ?

Thanks Matthias

#50   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 21:20

Installed latest version 1.2

Installation ok except when I go to run the report in tools. My server comes to a standstill and the window is taking a longgggg time and not finishing.  I got the 30 sec timeout message before I set $BASE_DAYS = 10; to $BASE_DAYS = 1, and now it just nevers finishes.  Server and all web sites basically stop.  I have a lot of attributes, and about 100 abandoned carts...but of course probably only a few in the last 1 day.

Hosting OSC2/MS2 on Linux Redhat8.0 w/MySql on fast server and 1024k pipe.

As previously stated I have optimized the code that handles the Attributes and it will be in 1.3 when it is released today. The release is ready, I am just waiting for (hoping for) some more Language files, especally Spanish and French. I will be releasing in a few hours regardless with only English and German if no others are provided.

-Aalst

#51   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 22:27

LAST CALL

This is the last call before I release the 1.3 version of RCS Tool. I have the German Language files, and since I have not recieved any others, I have gone and done a Latin American Spanish (Mexico) translation, but I bet they could use some improvement since my Spanish is not that great, since I only lived in Mexico for 2 years. I have only fixed the problems previously stated by me.

I will be releasing at 5pm MST with this unless I get some more language files. (it is now 3:27 MST)

-Aalst

#52   sgflowers

sgflowers
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 00:04

1. Have you tried using the Unsold Cart Report contribution available at http://www.oscommerc...tributions,1598 ? If you also have problems with this contrib there should be something wrong at your site. Maybe you should try to reinstall the contribution and make sure you did follow the install instructions properly.

2. Do you get any errors when launching recover_cart_sales.php, e.g. parse errors? If yes, the problem liest probably in a forgotten parenthesis or hyphen in the code or something like this.

1. Have you tried using the Unsold Cart Report contribution available at http://www.oscommerc...tributions,1598 ? If you also have problems with this contrib there should be something wrong at your site. Maybe you should try to reinstall the contribution and make sure you did follow the install instructions properly.

2. Do you get any errors when launching recover_cart_sales.php, e.g. parse errors? If yes, the problem liest probably in a forgotten parenthesis or hyphen in the code or something like this.

1. I will try the other contribution.

2. No, everything looks ok, except that it doesn't work. After "executing" search nothing is found.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Raul

I have the same problem with recover sales 1.2 displays nothing after long search

unsold carts worked fine for me...

recover sales> no errors just nothing displayed on page after search ie blank page after it goes to recover_cart_sales.php

Edited by sgflowers, 30 November 2003 - 00:08.

#53   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 00:13

1. I will try the other contribution.

2. No, everything looks ok, except that it doesn't work. After "executing" search nothing is found.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Raul

I have the same problem with recover sales 1.2 displays nothing after long search

unsold carts worked fine for me...

recover sales> no errors just nothing displayed on page after search ie blank page after it goes to recover_cart_sales.php

Make sure you are using the TOOL page and not the REPORT page of RCS Tool. The Report Page will show nothing untill you have started using the Tool Page and have actually recovered some sales.

#54   sgflowers

sgflowers
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 00:26

that is what i am using it only displays on a setting of 0 days and anything large than that takes forever to run then displays blank page

#55   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 00:29

that is what i am using it only displays on a setting of 0 days and anything large than that takes forever to run then displays blank page

Then that is most likely related to the performance issue for the Attributes, that has hopifully been fixed with the version 1.3 that will be out within the next 30 minutes, me and Met00 are finializing a few last minute issues as I type.

You either have a slow server, or short timeouts on your SQL server, or both. The attribute code has been optimized, and the attributes can be disabled now as well.

When 1.3 is released please try it and see if it fixes the problem.

#56   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 01:16

Recover Cart Sales v1.3

You can download it from here:

Recover Cart Sales v1.3

or go to the Contribution Page.

CHANGES
  • Fixed error in Readme where I forgot a define.
  • Optimized attribute code to speed up script
  • Added SHOW_ATTRIBUTES configuration variable
  • Added German Language files, provided by
    Matthias F.(webmaster@bodyfeelings.de)
  • Added Spanish Language files, provided by
    Aalst(aalst@aalst.com), no promises on my
    Latin American Spanish translations.
KNOWN ISSUES
  • None at this time
FUTURE PLANS
  • Have item price reflect active attribute pricing
  • Have item price reflect active specials
  • Ability to sort by column headings
  • Fix 'possible' bugs in report file
  • Updating report to provide more information
If you are having performance issues, please try this release. The attributes being displayed is turned off by default, if you are using attributes then please go into the Configuration area of recover_cart_sales.php and set SHOW_ATTRIBUTES to TRUE.

As always please post any problems with 1.3 in this topic.

-Aalst

#57   Met00

Met00
  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 01:51

[/LIST]FUTURE PLANS

• Have item price reflect active attribute pricing
  • Have item price reflect active specials
  • Ability to sort by column headings
  • Fix 'possible' bugs in report file
  • Updating report to provide more information

I'm looking into the "report" tool. I want to do a rewrite of it, so expect a new version in a few days that has additional functionality.
The king of kluge...
Do you really know what is and isn't working in your store?

#58   raul

raul
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:50

I've just installed v. 1.3 over the 1.01 and I don't have products names nor prices.

Kind regards,
Raul

#59   Aalst

Aalst
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:24

I've just installed v. 1.3 over the 1.01 and I don't have products names nor prices.

Can you provide a screen shot and/or explain in more details?

What version of OSC are you running, and what is your default language?

Are you getting the Item numbers, dates, customer names, email address', phone numbers, or quanities?

-Aalst

Edited by Aalst, 30 November 2003 - 04:26.

#60   sgflowers

sgflowers
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 06:04

Then that is most likely related to the performance issue for the Attributes, that has hopifully been fixed with the version 1.3 that will be out within the next 30 minutes, me and Met00 are finializing a few last minute issues as I type.

You either have a slow server, or short timeouts on your SQL server, or both. The attribute code has been optimized, and the attributes can be disabled now as well.

When 1.3 is released please try it and see if it fixes the problem.

same thing with 1.3 any ideas?

thank you,

kevin