• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not coming through correctly

I have two OSC MS2 sites giving me problems. One client just got an order confirmation from authorize.net showing that someone ordered products, but there is no listing of what they ordered (something he's observed with the authorize.net process and would like to change) But this time there was NO order listed in the admin section of the OSC cart! The customer is registered, everything matches up, but there is no order recorded in the cart. Any clues as to what might have happened? How could the customer skip that part of the process? Is there a way to make the authorize.net receipt identify the products purchased? There's are two places on the receipt that are blank: Invoice : and Description :, so I assume it's feasible.

Also, the second client takes Check/Money order in addition to Credit Card payments, but for some reason shipping is not being added to the Check/Money Order orders. It shows up fine in the credit card orders.

• 1 month later...

:o I'm also having the same problem!!!! Only Authorize.net didn't even give a notice of purchase (I did give an email addy to send notices to). We Went through the whole process to the finish just to test a live purchase and NOTHING happened. HELP!!

I figured this out...sorta.

The receipt from Authorize.net (my credit card gateway provider) does not list the item or the invoice number. However, the store software sends another e-mail follwing the first one that does list all this information. I looked at the code for authorizenet.php and the invoice number and the items purchased are not passed to the credit card gateway. Modifying the code would be needed to pass this information. I guess this default behavior will suffice for now in my case. Hope this helps.

osCommerce cannot pass the order id to a payment processor because the order is not generated until payment is confirmed. I think that there is a contribution to create a provisional order prior to calling the payment gateway.

Hth,

Matt

I had the same problem and find a NON-PROGRAMMING way to "fix" it. ;) The reason it doesn't show up in admin is because customer didn't click the "continue" button at checkout success page. By clicking the button at checkout success page, they are actually generating an invoice and writing into your database. If you ever make a test order by yourself, you will notice that it comes back and tell you "checkout success!". Most of people will just leave at this point. So I opened language/english/checkout_success.php and changed the title to " your order is not completely yet ". I use this as my temp solution till someone can come up with a fix. :P

About those orders has already been made, you can download an contribution called Step-By-Step Manual Order BETA_ms22 to get them entry in your database. Good mod, but there are some parts need to be modified first. For information about this mod, visit http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58786

Hope this helps~ :blink:

Actually that's not completely accurate - at least, not when paying with PayPal. I just did a "test" live order on one of my (PayPal) shops, and the order is stored in the OsC database (and presumably an email notification is sent out at this time as well) once the customer returns from the PayPal "Money Sent" screen. On this screen there is, in the bottom-right, a dinky little text link that says "Click here to continue". Before I clicked on that link I checked the OsC admin orders list - nothing. I then clicked on the link, was sent to the OsC Order Confirmed (or whatever) page, and then my test order showed up. I did not have to click "Continue" from that OsC "Order Confirmed" page to get my order to show up.

Still, this is, to be blunt, retarded. We've had numerous payment notifications come through from PayPal without having any sort of inkling as to what the customer ordered - no email was sent out and no order stored in the OsC database.

To the OsC team: I'd rank this issue as #1 if I were you... I realize that PayPal (or whoever) could make it a bit more obvious that the customer needs to click on, but this issue can also be improved on the OsC side of things.

I suggest that the moment an order is sent from OsC to the payment gateway, OsC stores that order in the database as "payment pending" or something similar. That way, when shop owners receive payment notifications from their chosen payment gateways about an order, then even if the customer closed his browser window without going back to the shop, the shop owner could compare the names and amounts to discover what the customer ordered.

Archived