• Please log in to reply
2431 replies to this topic

#2421   zoomnbyu

zoomnbyu

Laundryguy

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 22:03

Understand that this seems to be the issue that won't die but looking for some help to come from a slightly different direction.  We have shipments that are over 150lb.  All I want to do is edit the error to have the customer call us.  I've looked through several of the php files focusing on those in the english folder and searching through the forum without luck.  Any suggestions on where to find the error text?

#2422   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 23:55

hello,

I am using osc234 bootstrap and UPSXML_v1_5 on our website.

everything has been working great.

today i received errors when 3 customers ordered.

UPSXML Rates Error: : experienced by customer with id 784 on 2016-01-20 16:11:24

Error from cURL: Error [35]: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version experienced by customer with id 784 on 2016-01-20 16:11:24

i received an email from ups 

Security Upgrade Required for UPSĀ® Developer Kit APIs

Action is Required

UPS is in the process of upgrading communication security protocols for all web-based applications, including UPS Developer Kit Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), which are used to integrate UPS functionality into your website and applications.

Effective January 26, 2016, the UPS test environment will require the TLS 1.2 security protocol, and will be available for your system testing.

Effective May 31, 2016, UPS will require the TLS 1.2 security protocol in production. After that date, any communication requests submitted to UPS using older protocols (TLS 1.1 or earlier) will fail.

NOTE: From January 19 through May 31, 2016, you may see intermittent failures for any non-compliant transactions.

Please contact your company's IT department or your development team to ensure that any security protocols currently used meet the TLS 1.2 requirement. If you have Java enabled, you must be using version 1.7 or higher to use TLS 1.2. 

as for my troubleshooting i double checked my ssl certificate and everything is fine.

i need some suggestions,

thanks

#2423   Irin

Irin
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 16:27

Hello,

I'm using UPS XML v1.5 with dimensional support on osc v2.3.4, php v5.6.15. The problem is that package dimensions are not saved in the database, shipping_boxes_used table is empty. I checked the installation steps, and they seem to be correct.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I still can't get package dimensions to save in the database. The table is empty. Please help! Thanks.

#2424   Lary_an

Lary_an
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 18:45

I posted the following in the wrong place, but got the right answers from @MrPhil and @Jack_msc, so just wanted to share in case someone else has same issue.

_________

I am migrating to OsCommerce 2.3.4BS PHP 5.6 and trying to install UPSXML_V1_5. I am getting the following error

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/..../..._html/admin/includes/classes/xml.php on line 139

I have no idea what to do and am stuck,

if i am using the wrong module please let me know, as i only saw 1 comment that it woks for someone with 2.3.4 Bootstrap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answers:

MrPhil

The error message tells you that PHP doesn't like something in the code syntax. The add-on's documentation says that it's been tested up throught PHP 5.3.3, which is now fairly old. PHP has outlawed pass by reference. Google the error message you got.

The code contains a number of lines similar to

xml_parser_set_option(&$this->parser, XML_OPTION_CASE_FOLDING, false);

and I don't think PHP allows

&$this->parser

style code any more. Try just removing the ampersand (&) and see if that works. You'll need to do this on multiple lines.

Jack_mcs

The error is due to code no longer allowed in php. If you look at that line, you will the & symbol. Remove it  and that should fix the problem. if you are not sure, post the link here and someone will show the proper change.

Thanks to both of them.

#2425   John W

John W
  • Community Sponsor
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 19:33

@Lary_an

You can also find a lot of answers by using Google for php errors.  Simply Google "Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed" and you'll find where this has been discussed such as Stackoverflow where you can learn more about the solution and why it needs to be changed. 

I'm not really a dog.

#2426 ONLINE   Demitry

Demitry
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:59

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has a solution for the following issue. I added the contributions for Country-State Selector and World Zones, which cover pretty much every place in the world. And I started getting a UPS error at checkout with the following message:

111286: ML is not a valid state for the specified shipment.

After some troubleshooting I discovered that there are 2 records for Maryland in the database. Apparently there is a Maryland, Liberia as well, and it precedes Maryland, USA in the database and has the "ML" as the abbreviated State/Province.

So what the script is doing, is searching the zones database table for the first instance of "Maryland" and using that record's State/Province 2-letter code for the shipping calculations. When instead, it should be looking for that match based on the zone_country_id.

I can probably fix this problem for the Maryland, Liberia issue by changing the name of that province in the database to "Mary-land" but I would rather get a more valid code solution because there may be other duplicate instances and there are over 4K records in that zones table. If anyone has a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Demitry

#2427   John W

John W
  • Community Sponsor
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:10

Maryland's abbreviation in the US is MD.  If you try to select a shipping method that doesn't apply you will get an error too.  Like Ground for Singapore won't work from the US.  I think you can find the error numbers at UPS.

Edited by John W, 10 May 2016 - 12:13.

I'm not really a dog.

#2428 ONLINE   Demitry

Demitry
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 18:36

John,

I know, I'm from Maryland and the test-checkout I was running was using my old Maryland address. However, the UPS module is searching out the first instance of that state name in the database and this is why (ML) is displayed in the error. This is also why there are no shipping rates because there is no ML as a US state.

After I posted this here, I did some more searching and found this for osCMax. Apparently this is a problem and there are more duplicates in that zones table for Florida and other states.

http://www.oscmax.co...-abbrev-ml.html

Demitry

#2429   John W

John W
  • Community Sponsor
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 18:55

I switched to fedex a couple years ago, but I used the UPS xml module in the US without problems.  However, I don't ship outside the US so I removed the other countries from my database.  Never saw any duplicates for Florida from what I remember though. 

I'm not really a dog.

#2430   kymation

kymation

Code Monkey

• Community Sponsor
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 17:04

@Demitry  It appears that oscmax did fix the problem, but they didn't share the fix here. They're also violating the copyright on the osCommerce files they stole, so no surprises there. Anyway, fix the bug by changing this line:

$zone_query = tep_db_query("select zone_code from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_name = '" .  tep_db_input($order->delivery['state']) . "'");

to this:

$zone_query = tep_db_query("select zone_code from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_name = '" .  tep_db_input($order->delivery['state']) . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "'");

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

#2431 ONLINE   Demitry

Demitry
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:11

@kymation

Jim, You're Awesome!!!

That was the solution I was looking for! I just installed and tested and there are no UPS errors. The UPS rates are displaying as they should for a delivery to Maryland, USA.

Thank you, ...and I had no idea about osCMax infringement of OSC copyright laws. I always thought them and ZenCart were just an evolved extension of OSC.

Demitry

#2432   kymation

kymation

Code Monkey

• Community Sponsor
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:17

Technically, Zen Cart and oscmax are forks of osCommerce. The last time I looked, Zen was doing that legally. Oscmax seems to have removed all of the osCommerce copyright notices and substituted their own, which is not legal.

In any case, oscmax gets credit for this fix. Not that it isn't trivial and I would have done much the same thing, but I give them credit where credit is due.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.