• Please log in to reply
2388 replies to this topic

#2381   Loi Han

Loi Han
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:59

Any one can help on this error message from UPS

"UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id  on 2014-08-22 03:31:26"

I have install UPSXML version 1.4.0.1 on OScommerce 2.3.4

#2382   TomB01

TomB01
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 13:37

I am getting similar messages through my e-mail specified for debug errors in the Admin config for UPS XML.  This seems to happen with every order I receive, although the orders appear to complete successfully each time.  I haven't had any complaints, either, although no one has actually selected UPS as a shipping option (I also have USPS Rate and FedEx).  When I use my test accounts and go through all the way to the payment page, I get no error messages whatsoever - even when I select UPS.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Here's what I keep getting with each order - sometimes in multiples:

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id  on 2014-09-25 23:54:22

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City experienced by customer with id  on 2014-09-25 23:54:20

#2383   kymation

kymation

Code Monkey

• Community Sponsor
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 21:01

That indicates that UPS doesn't like the customer's zip code, or perhaps yours. It will not show a UPS quote, so the customer will never see UPS as a choice.

Regards

Jim

My Addons

Banners Box Download Support
Categories Accordion Box Download Support
Closest Shipper 2.2x Support
Document Manager 2.2x Support
Generic Box Download Support
Get 1 Free 2.2x Support
Modular Front Page Download Support
Modular SEO Header Tags Download Support
MVS 2.2x Support
PDF Datasheet Download Support
Price in Cart Only/MAPP Download Support
Price Updater 2.2x
Products Specifications 2.3.x Development Version Support Bugs/Suggestions
Request a Review Download Support
Shopping List Download Support New!
Specials Image Overlay Download Support
Superfish Categories Box Download Support
Theme Switcher 2.3+ Support  Updated

#2384   TomB01

TomB01
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 14:29

That indicates that UPS doesn't like the customer's zip code, or perhaps yours. It will not show a UPS quote, so the customer will never see UPS as a choice.

Regards

Jim

Yes, but that means you have to conclude that every customer is unable to correctly put in a zip code - or, that I don't know my own zip code.  This seems to happen without exception, but the orders conclude with success and without error from USPS.  Every time I test it with various zip codes, no error messages like these are generated. 

#2385   kymation

kymation

Code Monkey

• Community Sponsor
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 18:00

This module is working on many stores. I just checked my test store and it returned a quote. The only thing I can say is that yo have done something wrong. That's as far as I can go from here.

Regards

Jim

My Addons

Banners Box Download Support
Categories Accordion Box Download Support
Closest Shipper 2.2x Support
Document Manager 2.2x Support
Generic Box Download Support
Get 1 Free 2.2x Support
Modular Front Page Download Support
Modular SEO Header Tags Download Support
MVS 2.2x Support
PDF Datasheet Download Support
Price in Cart Only/MAPP Download Support
Price Updater 2.2x
Products Specifications 2.3.x Development Version Support Bugs/Suggestions
Request a Review Download Support
Shopping List Download Support New!
Specials Image Overlay Download Support
Superfish Categories Box Download Support
Theme Switcher 2.3+ Support  Updated

#2386   TomB01

TomB01
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 15:35

OK, I finally figured out what was going on:

If a customer uses the Paypal Express Checkout at the shopping cart and they have not logged in or created an account at the OsCommerce store, then the shipping options are calculated in the background before transferring to Paypal.  This is because I've also found out that if Paypal Express Checkout is used and you are using your own OsC shipping modules (I have USPS, UPS and FedEx), the default shipping method is calculated and added into the order total before transferring to Paypal.  However, the calculations are also done for all of the other shipping rates/modules you have enabled.  That is where the e-mail debug errors with my UPS module come in.

Paypal apparently does not check for complete addresses.  Many times, I will have international customers who may not have entered a state/province.  This puzzled me also, because there's no way you can do this if you use OsC because the input forms check for the entry.  On the other hand, a Paypal Express Checkout can bypass all of this and use the customer's Paypal address to calculate the shipping through the OsC shipping modules.  UPS shows an error because it cannot calculate the shipping without a state/province, whereas USPS does.  I don't know about FedEx because I don't have the error checking turned on and sending me e-mails.

Anyway, the other issue is that the default shipping (set to lowest) is not my choice for some products.  I guess I will edit the shopping_cart.php file to completely remove the "Check Out with Paypal" button on the shopping cart page.  It is standard in OsC 2.3.4 and I wanted to use the complete features, but I guess this won't work unless I enable the shipping calculations on Paypal.  I don't want to do that because their shipping only uses simple estimated rates per weight instead of directly interfacing with a shipping provider's rate server.

I hope that all makes sense and it helps someone. :blush:

#2387 ONLINE   joli1811

joli1811

Anybody seen this leprechaun say yeah !!

• Community Sponsor
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 15:54

Why not just disable express and use paypal standard?

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

#2388   TomB01

TomB01
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 16:21

Why not just disable express and use paypal standard?

Paypal Standard doesn't take credit cards.

I may have to do that, though, because I can't find what file enables the HTML for the  "- OR-" and "Check Out with Paypal" button in the shopping_cart.php. :(

#2389   TomB01

TomB01
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 16:55

This thread explains how to do it:

http://forums.oscomm...heckout-bottom/

Harald confirms that a customer is forced to return to the OsC store if Paypal finds no shipping costs (Instant Update must be Disabled in Admin).  This confirms my experience with 2.3.4, because other than the UPS debug error messages, I have not had any customer complete a checkout without shipping.

So maybe after all of this, I'll simply disable the debugging feature on the UPS module. ;)