• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Templating?

I didn't realise that oscommerce's code and html were so mixed together. Are there plans to seperate everything out so it's easier to redesign and more importantly upgrade so that your hard work isn't overwriten.

There's loads of systems out there that could do it smarty for instance.

Hi there,

If you want a template system right now, there is one available for free download via http://www.hosting-osc.com

This system is a complete install, but if you have a site up and running you could convert your site into the template system in about a day....

cheers,

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

There are several template systems in the works, there is also a contrib called thema in the downloads sections.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

A quick look through the theme/templates contributions and there are several you can add on. The two pointed out above are complete systems and there will be several more in a couple of weeks.

:)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Thanks for all the feedback guys I'll look into these systems.

I was just surprised the logic and display weren't already seperated out. When you look at OSC it's so fully featured you really expect that would be the case. I'm sure all that's in the pipeline though.

Archived