• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

try to crack this one !!!

Berkz

I've been trying to do this for quite some time now ... I just can't seem to get it right. This is my sitation :

I'm using tabs, and therefore I would like categories.php only to output the subs of the currently selected category..? So when dvd is selected only drama, action etc. show up? Anybody ever done this?

You should be able to do it with CSS style sheets. You would need to create a custom class to assign to each sub-category item.

For the pages on which you want the specific subcategories to appear, you need to start by using a seemingly backward CSS property: for every subcategory, set the display to none. In the header of each Category page, you need to link to a custom stylesheet for those pages only that sets the visibility of each subcategory you DO want to appear to block. This makes them appear.

This linked stylesheet is also a good place to change the image or other properties of the current Category image/text as well to denote visually "you are here" and setting each category link to have a custom ID that can be styled specifically.

HTH,

Ryan

Ryan Thrash

O.k this could be possible. I was more thinking about changing categories.php to only pick up from the database the current selected category.. youre solutions would involve hard work and If I'd add a new category or a new sub I'd have to create a new stylesheet for it. It would be dynamic..

Regards, Berkz

You could have a stylesheet be dyanamic, I think by tagging it with .php instead of the typical .css. No personal experience, but I think it would work. If there's an existing contribution, though, I wouldn't hesitate to use it!

Ryan Thrash

I have almost completed a dynamic categories menu which uses java and dropdown. It may be able to be modified to suit what you are looking for.

Let me know.

You can view it on my site at http://www.cralyn.com

Archived