• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only ship to Billing Address

Jayman2

Hi All,

I'm in th process of setting up my shop and I only want to ship to the Billing Address. I'm trying to cut down on the possibilities of fraud.

Is there a way that I can setup so that a customer is not able to enter a shipping address? If I can't ship to the billing address, I don't care if I loose the sale.

Thanks in advance.

It's possible to default the shipping to the billing and make the two match.

You will have to change the logic of the checkout pages for this, but it can be done.

Thanks Linda.

So helpful you want to choke, eh?! :wink:

Kind of walk through the pages and the code by looking at which checkout_ page you are on and which allows changing of the addresses and which arrays are being effected.

You just want to lock it in to where change the billing changes the shipping.

Easiest way is default the shipping to the billing info before the first page is drawn.

Remove the edit shipping option. But, make sure to update the shipping address if the billing address changes.

That's what I intend to do. I'll remove the edit "Delivery Address" option on the checkout_confirmation page. Then for the "Billing Address" option on the same page, I'll put a statement, informing them that this must be the same address that is used by their credit card.

Because I'm using 2Checkout for my credit cards, I have the modified setup that takes the customer right to 2Checkout's SSL website along with their info - name, address, etc. The only thing that They have to enter at 2Checkout is their CC info. There is no way for them to change their name or address.

This way, at leat I'll be delivering to the same address that's on the credit card. It might not stop fraud, but it can't hurt.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Thanks again.

I'm also going to remove the "Address Book" button from the My Account page. Since I don't want to ship to any other address, I see no need for this option.

I love to shop online ... shop, shop, shop until I drop ... spend, spend, spend ... all day long in all the neat shops I find ... then I come to your shop ... 8)

I have my business credit cards ... my personal credit cards ... etc.

I come to shop at your store ... I constantly have to edit my account information as my credit card billing info is different for my various cards.

I finally get tired of this and pack up my credit cards and go home ... :shock:

I'm new to the world of ecommerce. I've heard so much about people stealing CC's and ordering stuff to ficticious addressess and such.

Do you really think that the number of people that I'll turn away can justify my keeping things the way they are? I just thought I was being cautious. Maybe, I'm being too cautious?

No ... do what you are planning but allow the Address Book for people with multiple billing addresses depending on which card they use.

I misundertood you. I never thought about people with CC's with different addresses. I sadly, happen to have more that one CC :roll: , but they all have my one address.

So I'll leave the Address Book and just inform them that the order will be sent to the billing address.

How's that?

That would work well for folks with different billing addresses on their cards and make the switch from one to another much easier ... :D

Archived