• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP IM DESPERATE

Snowman

HELP im desperate...

I have several stores that since an upgrade to PHP 4.3.1 have all failed.

They all report:

Query was empty - Query was empty

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Everyone that has looked at the issue so far has commented that its an osCommerce sessions issue.

Ive been thru all the posts about the GV sessions issue and this isnt related to that problem this is happening on various CVS versions on default.php

can anyone sugest a fix?

I find if i do a forced refresh on the browser a few times then the store comes up, however as soon as i leave it and then go back to the store it fails again.

This is being reported by various customers using a variety of browsers as well.

got user tracking running ?

disable it !

ther seems to be a MAJOR bug with the new PHP, along with other add-on's

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

So i should disable the whos_online functions?

From what i can gather the error is related to sessions. Im just not sure how to idenify the cause.

And to make matters worse i have several stores on the same server that are not affected.

No, just try commenting out the Ad tracker in the application top. Also, user tracking in a[pplication top, if you have that installed.

Both contribs were incompatible with php 4.3 at one time. Sounds like your host must have just upgraded. I know that there is a new version of the Ad Tracker out now that fixes the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Well I'm nearly 100% sure that the reason some people are affected and some aren't is because some people have the Ad tracker or User Tracker installed, and some don't.

Also, if you have the latest version of Ad Tracker installed, you won't have the error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hmmn, what about Ian's Gift Voucher Fix.

Do these stores have the gift voucher installed?

A couple of them do but others dont, and i have some with it installed that arent affected.

They are all of different vintages from varying CVS releases from Jan 2002 onwards to MS1

I saw this on another forum. Not sure if it works, but you could give it a shot...

In application_top.php

Try changing

$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']; 

to

$referer_url = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

If that doesn't work, I've also seen someone post that commenting out all these lines in application_top.php work as well (but disables user tracking):

if (!$referer_url) { 

tep_session_register('referer_url'); 

}

I hope this helps you out.

Steve,

Seems to me that when people first started having trouble with php4.3 that it was a register_globals problem. Have you checked the php.ini to see what the setting is?

I saw this on another forum. Not sure if it works, but you could give it a shot...

In application_top.php

Try changing

to

$referer_url = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

If that doesn't work, I've also seen someone post that commenting out all these lines in application_top.php work as well (but disables user tracking):

if (!$referer_url) { 

}

I hope this helps you out.

NOPE :(

anyone else have any suggestions?

anyone else have any suggestions?

If you have user_tracking installed then you can comment this section out.

/catalog/includes/application_top.php

// user_tracking modications

/* $referer_url problem on PHP 4.3 - Temporary solution only.

if (!$referer_url) {

}

*/

-ibandyop

ibandyop

My PHP version is 4.1.2 also have this problem. Have to refresh a few time before the page will load.

But if using Netscape dun have this problem. It seen like only IE6 have this problem. :(

I think i have find some solutions . When installing Oscommerce dun tick on save Session to Mysql save it as file type. :x

Archived