• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Counter in admin, not public

besheer

How can I move the counter to the admin panel? I tried copying this code from catalog/footer to admin/footer:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="footer">

<td class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </td>

<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

But obviously the path is incorrect. How do I fix the path? Thanks.

Drive it like you stole it.

Hi Linda (my saviour as usual). I am trying to show the catalog counter in the admin in a new store I am building. I just don't like the idea of my competitors knowing exactly how many hits I am getting.

Hi Linda (my saviour as usual). I am trying to show the catalog counter in the admin in a new store I am building. I just don't like the idea of my competitors knowing exactly how many hits I am getting.

Does make the customer think ... wow! what a busy site, however ... 8)

I will fool with it when I have time.

You just need to select the info from the counter table and then display the results somewhere in the Admin.

That's true. I had to think that through for a while, but I think the benifits of the WOW effect do not outweigh the dangers of what a competitor could do with valuable information about my site :? They could figure out when my slow seasons are as well as when my busy days are.

I always peek for a counter to give me an approximate idea of a site's usage as well as check how long the site has existed via a whois lookup.

But that is just me ... 8)

The only glitch, I guess, is that the counter supplied with OSC counts page loads, not visitor. I could sit on you site and hit refresh and watch the counter go up. This isn't a very good inditcatior on traffic.

Steve

-------------------------

Archived