• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "what's new text, including tables.images

varnco

I have figured out how to change the "what's new" text that is in the default.php file.

But, what I can't figure out is how to remove entirely the:

What's New Here text and Image are gone.

Welcome Guest, yada yada yada text is gone.

All the space associated with the above is gone, so my specials box ends up at the top, flush with the category box on the left hand side and my shopping cart box on the right hand side.

If I comment out the section that starts on line 13:

//define('TEXT_MAIN', ' This shop is running on osCommerce version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.<br><br>');

And comment out on line 36:

//define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What's New Here?');

I get "TEXT_MAIN" and "HEADING_TITLE" to display, and I still get the tables that contain the text.

No luck.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Here are the edits that I made to deafult.php that is in catalog directory, from lines 300 to 321:

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><!--edit by varn to remove heading title and graphic <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table> end edit by varn--></td>

</tr>

<!--edit by varn to remove spacer <tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr> - end edit by varn-->

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!--edit by varn to remove customer greeting <tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td> 

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><br><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr> end edit by varn-->

<tr>

<td><!--edit by varn <br> end edit by varn to remove break--><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES .

I commented out 3 sections. It removed all the welcome stuff from the main page, including the graphics and the spaces. Now, the New products info box appears at the top, lined up with the left and right columns.

I don't know if it's pretty or not, but it works....

I would like to change the font color for What;s New Here?

and Look What's New Here

//define('TEXT_MAIN', ' This shop is running on osCommerce version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.<br><br>');

And comment out on line 36:

//define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What's New Here?');

I get "TEXT_MAIN" and "HEADING_TITLE" to display, and I still get the tables that contain the text.

All colors and fonts are controlled thru the stylesheet.css in the /catalog root.

You can't comment out those lines. These are defining the text files. And if OSC can't find them it will display the constant. What you need to do is just delete the text. Like this.

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What's New Here?');

To this:

define('HEADING_TITLE', '');

This will leave an empty string and OSC won't show anything. You can do this with any of the text defines, with out commenting out the code, which is harder to deal with later if you want to put it back.

And to get rid of the images find this line. and comment it out with html comment tags. <!-- //-->

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Steve

-------------------------

Archived