• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does OSC Save Credit Card Numbers In The Database?

TrinityWebs

osCommerce stores the first and last 4 digits of the credit card in the database with the middle 8 digits X'd out. You can retrieve this in the admin in the Customers->Orders section by editing an order. The middle 8 digits are sent to you in an email which you setup in the Modules->Payment section of the admin.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

What your saying here... is this only the case if you have credit cards setup for manual payment?

I have mine setup up to be processesed with psigate, I've only had one order so far but it didn't seem to have stored the CC number.

I'm just curious if OSC stores peoples credit card numbers in the database by default and if so how do you access them?

The last time I looked at the CC module that comes with 2.2CVS, you had the option of either:

Double-check the CC module to see if it doesn't already do what you want.

jackhandy - http://jackhandy.com

Don't you think it will drive potential customers away, if they knew people had access to the number? I know i'd be a little bit iffy about it. :)

I have no need to store numbers in general.... but it would be nice if there was a way for recurring charges.... I use Authorize.net and I don't like the idea of billing people.... would rather it be automatic.......

Angela

Archived