• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

You guys are so helpful I need a bit more!

dlink

Would one of you guys have a second to look at my store and tell me where to find the way to fix the images?

Do all of my images have to be the same size? I am sure this is probably another simple question for you all but I did search the forums and looked at the wiki documents and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

In the admin it lets me set small image size...does this mean that they all have to be that size? If you can look at just my opening page you will see what I mean... I would like the pic in the What's new box to be smaller.... and if you look at the Whats new for April box... you can see that both images are the same size but the one of the right is way out of proportion cuz it isn't the same original size as the other pic.

Did any of that make any sense at all???????

anyway.. here is the link for the store

http://www.bonniesbabies.com/shop/default.php

The way osC comes out of the box, all of the images will be the same size and stretch if they don't fit. You can turn it off somehow. This question comes up every week or so, so there's something else out there...check for image resizing or something like that and you should get something.

-j

You could change either the width or height to 0 and then they will be proportional.

Experiment with both as some shops look better one way and others look better the other way.

I tried your solution Linda and it worked great!

Just one more question tho

I tried the search again and still can't see what I'm looking for on this next question... I am sorry to be such a pest but I am dumb as a rock when it comes to this stuff... :D give me a blank notepad and ask me to write you an html doc from scratch.. no problem... but this is sooooo hard for me.

Ok last question and I should be able to add the rest of my products just fine.... in the whats new box on the left side.... how do I make that image smaller so the page comes back in the way it should?

Thanks again you guys are great!

That is the reason for the Image settings ... 8)

Try switching your setting and put the 0 on height

The other option is to load something like Mo Pics so you have a thumbnail for things and an enlarge with the good image for other things. Plus it gives 6 additional images/enlargements.

Something to consider as your images are rather large not just in dimension but in file size.

Archived