• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

write an interface module for html edit box

I use Mambo on one of my other sites and find its stand alone html editbox program which sits on the server and interfaces with boxes in the program is a real nice feature. Could an interface be written for oscommerce? The nice thing about html editbox is that it converts pictures and text into html automatically,not requiring programing. t

Just a suggestion.

Gary Mercer

Great Idea Gary

I am about to use oscommerce in my retail store web site ,But i find the OsCommerce format a bit restricting in regards to creativity. I would like to add Simple things like bulleting points , font changes ,colours and picture additions (in my case like differnt angles of a product) to make it condusive to purchasing a product on line .

Could you let me know if you have receieved answers from anyone or have a solution to my dilemma

Reagrds Nick

Great Idea Gary

I am about to use oscommerce in my retail store web site ,But i find the OsCommerce format a bit restricting in regards to creativity. I would like to add Simple things like bulleting points , font changes ,colours and picture additions (in my case like differnt angles of a product) to make it condusive to purchasing a product on line .

Could you let me know if you have receieved answers from anyone or have a solution to my dilemma

Reagrds Nick

Nick,

You can design the pages any way you would like. Write your copy in any HTML editor and simply copy and paste it into the appropriate section on your database. (Minus the top and bottom <html> and any header tags) Or if your good with writing HTML you can use the tags directly in the admin while you're adding the product descriptions.

Oh, one other thing.......I would suggest using the MO-Pics contribution for additional product shots. It gives you the ability to add the pics through the admin and have larger pop-ups of each shot.

Hi there,

I use a html editor for many things in osc. If you have IE 5.5 or higher and want the files to have a built in editor for the products page in the admin, let me know and I will package something up.....

cheers,

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived